28 Clips From the ‘Dawn Treader’ Soundtrack

Posted November 14, 2010 9:51 pm by Glumpuddle

Cinema Musica has posted our first peek at Composer David Arnold’s musical score for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. The soundtrack releases on December 7.

You can listen to twenty-eight short clips here.

The music is another area of this film that makes it feel like a fresh start for the series. Ever since it was announced that David Arnold would be replacing Harry Gresgon-Williams, fans have been discussing how similar his music would be to the previous two films. Would Arnold stick to the themes that were established in “Wardrobe” and “Caspian” or would he take it in a new direction? So far, it sounds like he has done both.

Thanks to ‘G’ and everyone else who sent this in!

THEY’RE ALL AWESOME!!!!!!!! AM SOOOOO PUMPED THAT "THE THEME" IS IN THERE 🙂

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

are carrie underwood’s song and the english x factor winner’s songs going to be tacked on? I know carrie’s is already on itunes but i dont want to download.

• Waleed Sajjad Khan says:

Lilliandil and Dark Island is my favorite! I love it – can’t wait to hear the full version!
    DECEMBER 10TH!!!

• LadyRobyn says:

Truthfully, I like some of the music he composed for the new movie, but it kinda lacks the power that Gregson-Williams brought to the pieces. When you listen to the soundtracks for the first two movies, your skin tingles and you get excited. I didn’t really get that feeling from these new pieces, although they were all very beautiful. In my opinion, Gregson-Williams will truly be missed with the release of this new film.

• Narnia-Fan1 says:

yeah you’re right these are all very beautiful tracks but none of them can reach the magic, the piece and the mistery of Harry’s Score.

• Aravis and Hwin says:

Yes. I like these songs, but they aren’t as magestic as Harry Gregson-Williams music. They don’t seem quite right.

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

yeah, the first two soundtracks give me chills, this sounds merely pleasant.

• Farsight1 says:

I feel quite the opposite. I think Harry’s Narnia scores tended to be too much "in your face" and repetitive for their own good. This one is more nuanced, varied and intricate. Definitely an improvement.

• Queen Emily the Valiant says:

the music sounds amazing and opening titles is definetely my fave

• Allen says:

I really think that this music is lovely, but I am not overly impressed by it. It lacks some of the luster and majesty that Harry Gregson-Williams’ music had. I think if Arnold had kept more of a similar instrumentation that Gregson-Williams did, it would sound more impressive. BUT I am very happy that he kept some of the old themes in this 😀