Dawn Treader to Get Two Premieres in the US — First in Knoxville, TN

Posted November 12, 2010 6:20 am by fantasia_kitty

Yesterday we reported that the US premiere for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader would take place on December 9th in whichever city the Operation Narnia contest winner chose. As it turns out, apparently there will be two US premieres. The first one will take place in Knoxville, TN on December 8th.

From WBIR News:

Stars from the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader will be attending a movie premiere in Knoxville to benefit Variety, the Children’s Charity.

According to a release, the movie will be shown on Wednesday, December 8 at the Regal Cinema’s Pinnacle Stadium 18 in Turkey Creek.

Tickets will begin to go on sale on Tuesday November 23 at the Pinnacle Box Office. Each ticket is $50 and includes a catered reception before the stars walk the red carpet and a viewing of the film in 3D.

View US Premiere of β€˜Voyage’ in Knoxville in a larger map

Thanks Narnianerd for the heads up!

UPDATE: I noticed there was a lot of confusion in the comments below, so I thought I’d try to clarify a bit. No winner for the Operation Narnia contest has been announced. This is a completely different premiere.

December 8 US Premiere – Knoxville TN hosted by Variety, the Children’s Charity.
December 9 US Premiere – Unknown location at this time. Will be hosted by the winner of the Operation Narnia contest.
December 10 – The movie opens everywhere in the US.

UPDATE Nov. 13, 2010: We have more information on the Knoxville, TN screening. Apparently rather than a premiere, it’s been called a pre-release red carpet Gala. But the real bit of news since several of you asked, tickets for the event go on sale on Nov 23, 2010 at the theater.
Link.

• QueenSusanJ316 says:

only $50! I wish I lived in Tennessee.

• Narumi says:

awww come on! no NY? X_x suck!

• WarriorOfNarnia says:

OH GEE!!!! I REALLY wish it was in Kansas!

• frothybeans45731 says:

woot! i live in tennessee. knoxville is just an hour away. WIN!

this is cool. it will be nice to have them go somewhere else besides NY and Los Angeles. please post pictures!!!!

• Edmund P says:

Seriously?! First, why the heck in Knoxville, TN? That honestly makes no sense. But I’ll be there!

• Chuck says:

Regal HQ

• Slither says:

Yes, Knoxville is Regal’s HQ. There is a yearly charity event for Variety hosted at The Pinnacle. Last year it was "New Moon". Generally, the bigger name stars show up. For New Moon, we had Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner.

It is for a good cause, so don’t complain!

And yeah, I do live in Knoxville. haha

• Matsi says:

I live in Georgia… But it’s still over 3 hours away! πŸ™

• To be or not says:

Wait…did they just randomly choose this location or did a winner choose it? Did somebody win already??? HELP!

• HUGEFANOFNARNIA123978 says:

Say what!? THEY NEED TO COME TO DALLAS TX!!!! That makes no sense! How did they choose the winner already? Thats just plain weird. Well anyway im still going. TN is not exactly where I wanted it to be though.

• Duffleglum says:

YES!! GO TEXAS RANGERS!!! (even though they lost…)

We need Narnia 3 to premiere here in TX, the game season has been hard on us πŸ˜€

• true-narnian_queen says:

NO way i live in Tn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to go so bad now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• lilims says:

I wonder where the 2nd location is at..

• Waleed Sajjad Khan says:

Please please please please please make the second one in Chicago Illinois!!

• DJ says:

I think this is a brilliant idea. The Narnia films probably have their biggest fan base in the Bible Belt, so why not premiere the film in Tennessee? Some say the film industry is slowly shifting away from Hollywood anyway.

• perelandrarox says:

wow! i live in TN! it’s awsome that they’re having the U.S. premiere somewhere besides LA or NY! I don’t I’ll go though. $50 is just alot to pay for a movie ticket.

• Hannah says:

I live in Knoxville and am SO excited about this! It truly is a dream come true πŸ˜€ And the $50 goes towards charity. It’s something Variety does every year.

• NarniaForever says:

I’m Going!!!!!!!!!!! My Dream come true! My Christmas present wish come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Pepper Darcy says:

Well… I’m never going to be fortunate enough to win anything or ever go to anything like that… so… πŸ™ Happy for those of you go get to go! πŸ˜€ I’d *SO* love to meet Georgie! πŸ˜€

• Scarlet13 says:

I live a few hours away! O MY GOSH!!!! But $50 for the five of us (family) I don’t think so… πŸ™ …. but I want to meet Georgie so much!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• FaunFan says:

Oh, I’m in NC, so Knoxville is probably out. It’s about 6 hours away from us. Why in the world did they pick Knoxville? I’ve been there, and while it’s nice, I wouldn’t say it’s the best spot in the US for a premier. I would pick someplace like New York, or LA, somewhere a lot of people can get to.

• 220chrisTian / AslansLily says:

OMG! [I apologize for swearing.] You have no idea how many times I have driven by the Regal Cinema at Turkey Creek shopping center near Knoxville, TN! They have a Super Target and a Starbucks! I was just there on Sunday night!!! Will I attend the premiere on December 8? Probably not. I don’t have the money or leisure to do so… :((

• Pepper Darcy says:

aww! I really wish you could go! If you go, tell Georgie hi for me! :Dm(and yes, it was Archie from the Horatio Hornblower movies Mutiny/Retribution) that I was talking about ;D

• 220chrisTian / AslansLily says:

Thanks, Pepper! I live 90 minutes from Knoxville. I won’t be able to attend because of money and time…

Turkey Creek: Starbucks, Super Target, lots of other really nice shopping places and hotels and restaurants. This is the nicest shopping center on interstate 81. PERIOD!

• Mirima Rosetrader says:

I’m in GA! So I may be able to go! πŸ˜€ I hope I can! It would be sooooooo awesome! πŸ˜€

• AslanIsOnTheMove says:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LIVE LIKE 30 MINUTES FROM THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Queen Elizabeth says:

I so excited for this. Expecially Skandar’s big stunt with the sea monster at the end!!! *hint hint.

• ~Lava~ says:

Man, I really wish I was going to be home that week. I guess I will just have to wait till the tenth. I live less than an hour from Knoxville but I go to school 5 hours away from home.

• Gabby says:

I LIVE IN TENNESSEE HOLY CRAP MY PARENTS SAID THEYD TAKE ME πŸ˜€

• Scarlet13 says:

OMGSH! Thats AWESOME! I wish my parents would… Please tell Georgie,Will,and Skandar that Christine said ‘HI! from Alabama!’ Or all of NarniaWeb would make it easier! If you can of course! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

• Dekkie says:

Does anyone know if the tickets will be available online? Or will you have to actually go to the theater to purchase them?

• Mina says:

I can’t go…darn.

Anyway, I flipped to TLC tonight, and caught the end of a Narnia trailer, and it was cosupporting Sarah Palin’s Alaska TV show. Something about winning the Voyage to Alaska…anyone else see it? I barely caught the end of it.

• aslan4ever says:

I will not be I live in Italy … here do not like narnia =(

• Queen Elizabeth says:

I got to see the Ice Palace thing. It’s pretty cool but it wasn’t as big as I thought it would be,(It was in Detroit) Even thought I live 30 min. away I got to see it πŸ™‚

• Eden Kehr says:

I saw it too, last week. It’s at Woodfield mall in Chicago till the 31st. Pretty cool, though I agree with you, it wasn’t as big as I expected. I still enjoyed it.

• ChristProclamer says:

WOW! Lucky for all of the Tennesee-ers. I hope you guys get to go, and have tons of fun. It seems like a bit of a random location to me, but whatever floats your boat…hehe.

I can only imagine how exciting this would be, to find out the primiere is 30 minutes from your house…

• greenbird37 says:

Ahhhh….to live in Tennessee….guess I will have to wait!

• 220chrisTian / AslansLily says:

Why Knoxville, Tennessee?

1. Knoxville is the headquarters of Regal Cinemas, owned by media mogul Philip Anschutz – who also owns Walden Media!
    2. Knoxville is centrally located. It’s the gateway to the Smokies. Millions of people live within one day’s drive from it.
    3. Tennessee borders 8 states! The state name in Cherokee means β€œmeeting place” or something.

Way to go, Walden Media and Fox for picking Knoxville!!! πŸ˜€

• Marjorie says:

Hey! Would you know of a preview of Narnia 3 French in Paris? We, French fans expected, but no new … If you can contact the prod or someone from the film and ask them, or if you know a site with all the dates, countries of first before …. Thanks a lot!
    French fans of Narnia.

• decarus says:

This seems like a bizarre place to have a premiere or a pre screening. Pretty close to me though. I could drive there. I’ll think about it.

• April says:

Will they sell the tickets online? (stupid question LOL) It would be kinda annoying to have to drive allllll the way up to Knoxville, buy tickets, drive alllll the way back home, THEN go back up there next month… However, I will do that if necessary LOL.

• Liliah says:

oh my goodness, I live in Knoxville, im going I have to

• Michael says:

Well i live in montreal so I’m 20 hours away. πŸ™ If there was something in NY maybe i could make it.

• Queen Elizabeth says:

Have fun all of you who can go πŸ™‚

• dear heart says:

YESSSS! i live in nashville! IM TOTALLY THERE!!

• Little Joe says:

Ok first off, all this fangurling about Skandar is first off, really weird and creepy, second off. It is not allowed on NWeb. Plus its really anoying to us fans who would rather talk about the character, rather than the actor himself. I mean really people, you’ve never met the dude, and you most likely never will. Get a life. Really.

• Delpheas says:

I could actually go to the TN one! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

• Asland's Girl says:

Does anyone have any ideas for other ways to get tickets? I live four hours from Knoxville, and would love to have the chance to go to the premiere. But I don’t want to drive the 8 hours (round trip) to buy the tickets, and then have to drive back up for the premiere.

• NarniaDLF says:

There are no other ways to purchase tickets. :'( *sniff*
      We would have a 10 hour round trip! We are still considering it though.. It is such a great opportunity!! Keynes and Henley will be there!
      It would be great if someone would buy a bunch of tickets and then sell them online!!!

• NarniaForever says:

Tickets go on sale tommorow! eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can’t wait to go!!!!!!!!!!

• NarniaForever says:

I got tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! December 8th here i come!!!!!!!!

3 Trackbacks / Pingbacks for this entry