Narnia Release Dates Bumped Up For India and Australia

Posted November 15, 2010 4:40 pm by fantasia_kitty

Australia and India fans will be happy to know that their release dates for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader have been bumped up by a full week.

Australia’s movie release date is now December 2, 2010, and India’s release date is December 3, 2010.

If you have not heard the release date for your country yet, we’ve compiled a list of dates that to the best of our knowledge, is accurate. However, there are a few conflicting dates, so we can’t guarantee this list 100%. You can see it on our forum here.

Thanks to everyone who sent us a spy report!

UPDATE: Australia and India aren’t the only two countries to have their Dawn Treader release dates bumped up. After I posted this story earlier today, I went back and double checked my list against other official websites (like FoxInternational.com, the Official movie websites, and the Official Facebook pages). Turns out that Myanmar, Spain, and Taiwan will also be getting the movie on December 3rd. You can check out the forum link above to see the updated list and the reference as to where I got the dates.

• Not Of This World says:

Those Indians and Austrailians are so lucky!

• Addym says:

Yes! πŸ™ In my country it is released on 25th of December, so I have to wait for 5 weeks.

• Princess Lucy says:

wow i did not expect that….even though it is out on 2nd Dec…i won’t watch it till the second or third week in cinemas…coz its going to be too crowded in the first weeks….

• Annabeth says:

wow, what country do you live in? I live in the US, so as far as i know, the date is Dec. 10th. Look on the bright side, maybe you’ll get to see it as a Christmas present! πŸ˜‰

• Reepicheep says:

I know eh.

• skandargirl_95 says:

here in the Philippines, one of the malls (in Metro Manila)will host the premiere night on December 1st, which makes the extra(exclusive screening and release dates)December 2 and 3…I think…that’s what the radio stations around here are saying…though I CAN’T WATCH IT YET…such an effin’ bummer:trying to win tickets to the premiere night myself

• anamika says:

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i am an indian n luky 2 see it 1st

• Nieke says:

Oooh so lucky! But well I’ll survive until the December 9th.

• FriendOfNarnia2 says:

I wonder why they bumped up the release date so close to the time of the release…

• Warrior 4 Jesus says:

Hmm… I’m interstate until the 5th, so I won’t be able to see it just then. We almost always seems to miss out on the competitions and cool events etc. (which is strange since most of VDT was filmed here, in Australia), so it’s great to see Australia and India get something.

• Aslans-mane says:

I wish it was bumped up for us, but thats cool! maybe I’ll go to Australia or India for the showing! jk they’re lucky!

• Aslan's my homeboy says:

I wish it came out in the 3rd in the US that’s my birthday πŸ™

• Andreya of Narnia says:

Happy early birthday! πŸ™‚

Yay for Australia and India! I’m fine with it being on the tenth here though, because I have so many other activities going on the week before…

Sail on, Dawn Treader!

• Aslan's my Homeboy says:

Thank you πŸ™‚ I am having a Narnia marathon on my birthday so its okay if the movie comes out on the 10th I am a patient person

• Annabeth says:

ooh! narnia marathon, that’s a REALLY good idea! I want to have one on Dec. 9th and stay up untill midnight for when VDT comes out. my parents would NEVER let me do that πŸ˜‰

• Pepper Darcy says:

oh well, less than a month for us!! πŸ˜€ December 11th for my sis and me! πŸ˜€

• wild rose says:

wow, hooray for Australia and India, I’ll have to keep waiting till December 9th

• ibzan says:

In Mexico the release has been bumped up too by a full week, on December 3.

• De_De says:

That is so unfair :(! Oh well, I’m happy for all those living in Australia and India πŸ™‚

• Michael says:

I’m in Canada, so not too bad. December 10th. πŸ™‚

• sirsimon says:

It should be the UK who gets it the earliest date since the chronicles of narnia are british and was directed by a british director.

But i can wait I suppose

• Waleed Sajjad Khan says:

XO LUCKY AUSTRAILIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Eowyn of Lantern_Waste says:

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in an extremely remote part of Australia and the nearest cinema is like two hours away. In addition it seems to spend most of its time closing down and I was working out that it would be about February before it got out here BUT I will be in Sydney on the 5th so guess where I will be going!!!!!!! Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!

• Warrior 4 Jesus says:

2 hours from a cinema and you say you live in an extremely remote part of Australia? I’d argue that there are far more remote parts of Australia, even some without a pub. Hopefully you still manage to see it soon.

• Eowyn of Lantern_Waste says:

It’s funny you should say that as I often complain about people who live in the Blue Mountains or somewhere and think they live in the Outback!! Sorry, to clarify I do live in a remote location of Australia – two hours from our nearest town – which happens to have a "sometimes open sometime shut down" cinema. I live on a cattle and sheep station somewhere in the vicinity of Bourke. Hope you enjoy the film πŸ™‚

• Warrior 4 Jesus says:

Bourke? Okay, I’ll give you that one. When I think of extremely remote areas of Australia, I’m thinking central Australia, whether that be the innermost parts of Queensland or much of South Australia, Northern Territory and Western Australia. When it comes to NSW, yes, Bourke would be considered remote. Haha! Sorry about my cheekiness. It’s all in good fun. πŸ™‚

• Eowyn of Lantern Waste says:

No worries about that!! πŸ™‚

• Alaisdair says:

I will be there December 2nd!! woo hoo! so happy it was filmed in our beautiful country, can’t wait for you guys to see how amazing Australia is. I run a movie review website and will post a review December 2nd and will try and keep it relatively spoiler free! Narnia 4ever!!!!

• Mina says:

I wish ours got bumped up…the US.
    Anyway, congrats on seeing it sooner.

• A_Narnian_Ship says:

It will also be released in Mexico on December 3rd.

• Hwin says:

What about for those that will be away in C.A.? : P

• Danieljofficial (aka The Bulgy Bear) says:

Hmm…I sense some international travel in my near future… =D

I wish. ha

• RoseRed says:

HORAAAAAAAH!!!
    I saw this advertised in my local cinema and was very confused…wrote in asking…but now I know it’s official! *air punches*
    american people, please do not be jealous, this is a FIRST. πŸ˜€

• Austra says:

Oh, I’m not jealous! I’m really happy for all you guys. I just wish America would get bumped up too! However, better late(r) than never, right?!?!? And besides, at least I’m /FINALLY/ gonna go see one of the Narnia movies in the theatres! WOOHOO! The others I couldn’t. So this is really a break. This is the first Narnia movie I’ve really followed closely- actually, the first I’ve really followed at all!

• ChristProclamer says:

Conga-rats to all the non-Yanks and non-Brits who FINALLY get to see the movie first…I always thought it was sad you all had to wait so long…
    Come on, Dawn Treader, we’re all waiting eagerly for you to dock…

• Fan of the Just King says:

AHHHHHHHHHHH! I was at school in the library when I read this and I screamed with joy. My friend nearly slapped me in fright. Thank you FOX and Walden and everybody else, will try to post reviews that are spoiler free as soon as I see it! This really made my day!

• Liberty Hoffman says:

ooh, lucky them!
    maybe USA will get bumped up…..

• AslansMyJediMaster says:

Congrats Aussie!! Hope you enjoy it! They did film it in your country so you definately deserve to see it first. I want to visit you guys so bad! We Americans usually get these films first so were switchin it up a bit!

• Warrior 4 Jesus says:

Thanks for the kind sentiments. Yes, we often get movies much later than the rest of the world, even when the movies have been created, filmed and acted by Aussies. Weird. It’s a nice change. Come visit Australia. It’s great (although I’m biased).

• NarniaHannah says:

lucky!! well, I am happy for everyone who got there date bumped up. πŸ™‚ I asked my mom if we could go to Australia on Dec 2, but she said no. I can’t understand why?? πŸ˜›

• just jill says:

haha i would get the same answer

• Lillyput90 says:

Funny thing is, by the time you got there, if you left on December 2nd in the USA, it would be December 4th in Australia by the time you got there (it’s a 14 hour flight from LA).

• Mia C. says:

it seems that Hong Kong also have Dawn Treader release dates bumped up by a full week as well, according to several cinemas in HK. VDT is going to be released on 2 December instead of 9 December.

• aussie_lucy says:

This is great news for those of us in Australia. I wonder why the release date was changed.

• Fabian says:

ALL RIGHT!!!!!! I will certainly be there on Opening Day! πŸ˜€

• Aslan's Country says:

Whyyy… is the movie not releasing until Feb. 25th for me? πŸ™ Guys, stop complaining that you’re not getting it until December 10th, please. πŸ˜›
    *wants it bumped up A LOT* πŸ˜‰

• Reepicheep says:

YES! I get to see it a week before you Yanks!

• Griffle says:

Still December 25th for us here in Scandinavia? Guess so…

• McGunn says:

It doesn’t come until 26th in my home town in Norway, but I don’t mind really. There’s so much happening before/during Christmas anyway. I’m just looking forward to the day I actually get to go and see it:)

• DominicLovesNarnia says:

There will be an advanced screening here in Philippines on December 03, but in Digital 3D only the 2D will open on December 09! whahahahah

• emijoy says:

BUMP IT UP FOR THE US PLEASE!!! πŸ˜€

• C.J Ashling says:

I think the reason for the change in Australia is due to other releases coming out around that time. If it stayed on the 10th it would be competing with "Megamind" and the week after that (16th) is "Tron Legacy". At least if they release it on the 2nd then it will have the whole week to itself to make some good money.

• :-)Narnia says:

I think NarniaWeb people should look into changing the front page’s voyage of the dawn treader info? I believe it could be altered/clarified a bit. Why does it say the movie comes out on friday December 10th at midnight? I think it might need to read December 9th at midnight: P of course I could be a totally wrong on that…

• Alambil and Tarvis says:

WHAT?! They get it earlier! No fair πŸ™

• wolfloversk says:

No! The gremlins won’t let me on the forum :'( and I was in the middle of a post too…

Anyway back on topic- You guys are soooo lucky. Although really for me it wouldn’t really matter unless they bumped it up to thanksgiving break. It is good too that the Austrailians finally get something πŸ˜‰

• for narnia and the north says:

In a perfect world, everyone would get VDT at the same time and we could kinda have a global celebration of its release lol..but it might be a good thing to keep the US/UK dates the way they are (I’m saying for the movie, not for us fans necessarily) because I don’t want a movie like Harry Potter to hurt it and make it seem like it’s off to a slow start..so yeah, every cloud has a silver lining. Kind of haha

• Fire vien says:

Not fair!

• headstrong says:

WHAAAAAAAAT?! JANUARY 6TH?????? IM GONNA DIE
    WHYYYYYYY? D`:

• luis says:

wow.
    am from mexico city.
    Here the film is released on 10 December. I

• just jill says:

sooo lucky in the us it doesn’t come out until December 10th oh well i guess Australia does deserve it since most the filming was done there.

• Annabeth says:

Aww, come ON! WHY does all the cool Narnia – related stuff happen in anywhere but Philly? I am seriously jealous .

• Alaisdair says:

hey guys need your help! if you are on facebook can you type in "Reading Cinemas Charlestown" I posted a comment about filming Narnia at midnight on the release date can you please "like" this status or better yet leave a comment agreeing! I really want to see this at midnight

• Faded Echoes says:

:DDDDDDDDDD

Right now, I love living it Australia.

• Litus says:

In Philippines Narnia will be showing December 3 (For Digital 3D Release) and December 9 for 2D, doesn’t make sense hahaha maybe it’s because of the date D for December and 3 that makes 3D hahaha

• motovin03 says:

lolz! that’s funny Litus! wel, do u think that maybe it has something to do with piracy??? its rampant here in our country… wel, im gona be watching VDT on december 3 at sm moa… its fun to be on the premiere though but i prefer to watch it in a good theatre…

• escotth says:

why?

• Manish GC says:

hey guys…..!!! we are the one who had converted Narnia 3 in Digital 3D……..
    enjoy the movie