New Dawn Treader Posters Revealed!

Posted November 3, 2010 9:58 pm by Bookwyrm

The people over at Aslan’s Country tracked down two new posters recently. The first, which resembles another one we’ve seen recently, appears to be the final theatrical poster. There is a notable change to Aslan. The previous image of Aslan has been replaced by the Aslan in a snowstorm picture we’ve seen used for a few other posters.

Speaking of Aslan in a snowstorm, there’s also a brand new version of that poster.

Thanks to Poggin over at Aslan’s Country for the head’s up!

• Azon says:

Ehhhh, I have never really been a fan of these, but, I’ll get one, just so I don’t break my collection. =)

• wolfloversk says:

Oh good I’m so glad they replaced the picture of Aslan, the snowy one is much better. Now if they just redo Dragon Eustace, we’ll be all set.

• The Archenlander says:

totally agree on all of the above…plus i wish the "N" wasnt backwards on the sail. then it would look great!

• Waleed Sajjad Khan says:

I really love the snowy Aslan!!! Now I just have to replace the old image as my main wallpaper on my phone with the new one…. 😀

• Queen Su says:

The one of just Aslan is great! He looks awesome! I’m not a huge fan of the snow, but it’s not too bad.
    In the first one, I like how Aslan is front and center (unlike the PC posters).

• The Rose-Tree Dryad says:

I like the new version MUCH better than the original poster. Don’t really care for the snow, but I can pretend it’s just lily petals, and Aslan doesn’t look like a stuffed lion anymore. Woot. 😀

• Josh says:

The poster looks 20 times better with the new Aslan. I’m sorry, but it just looked cheap before.

• Reepicheep775 says:

Very much agreed. Having the White Witch and the snow on the poster is just silly but, politics aside, it actually looks like a half decent poster.

• valolin says:

wow… those are SO much more compelling and eye-popping. I’m not sure what the difference is, but I like it!

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

they boosted the color, at first it was all grey and muted and blurry, looked dreary to me. like this color treatment better- looks more like the footage stills from the film.

• Aslan's Country says:

Why. Is. Aslan. In. A. Snowstorm?? There is NO snow in VDT!! I don’t get this – trying to link it to LWW? That’s going to far. This is a totally separate movie.
    And there is no way this can be justified by saying Lucy has a moment with snow in the Magician’s book. Aslan should just be.. Aslan. He doesn’t need to be surrounded by snow. x(

• Narnian_Archer says:

Agreed. But I have to admit, this Aslan looks better than the other one they’ve had…maybe it’s because the Aslan on the other picture was 2D (like a painting), and this one is a realistic 3D lion. They really ought to get rid of the snow, though…that’s very extra

• yeswelovenarnia says:

Yes I totally agree with you!!! I hate it that they are changing soo much!! I do like the posters though even though Aslan isn’t supposed to be in a snow storm..Ah well…

• Marianne says:

I don’t mind the Snow!Aslan anymore. It’s too pretty a picture to whine about relevance.

• Reepicheep says:

Peter and Susan have finally been gotten rid of from the poster, yes!

• DominicLovesNarnia says:

What!? I can’t believe that Tlida Swinton was in the Credits. LOL! =))

• Mayor Wilkins says:

This continues to confuse me muchly.
      Seeing the White Witch on the poster almost as big as Aslan and AS big as Lucy and Caspian and Edmund or bigger is just confusing. Then she is credited at the bottom of the poster with "and Tilda Swinton as the White Witch." Which means this poster is probably officially how the credits will go. We know this is an official poster, right? Not a fan made? Just making sure.

Anyway, I love seeing the White Witch on the poster and I like that she was credited for her part. BUT they did not do this for "Prince Caspian." So I’m wondering why they are doing so now? I thought she was in this movie for less time than "PC" and yet this time she gets a poster and a credit on that poster?? Is this blatant false advertising? If so, shame on them. If not, did Tilda tell a fib? Is her scene on the dark island longer than we’ve heard. I hope so. I love Tilda’s White Witch. 😀 But if not, shame on the false advertising getting her fans hopes up.

Anyway, despite my confusions, I love how she looks and Aslan looks so cool.
      Awesome posters.

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

From what little bits of stuff I read, it seems that there’s a force (originated from the White Witch perhaps?) to destroy. That may be why she’s important enough to be on there.

• DominicLovesNarnia says:

Yah, wahaha, in "Prince Caspian" she has a small role only, but now I think in "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" she will have a longer role? that’s why she was credited .. but I think that’s okey .. but it’s weird you know because she’s not actually in the book, she only mentioned ..but Tilda is such a great great actor! Can’t wait for the film!

• DominicLovesNarnia says:

yah, maybe! =)

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

umm, if you were worried about your franchise continuing, and you just happened to have an world renowned oscar winning actress in your film, wouldn’t you promote it too?

• Griffle says:

Here’s the "Aslan in a Snowstorm" poster without the title: http://www.movieposterdb.com/poster/4f31f23a

• Pepper Darcy says:

I’m just glad Aslan looks better! I was afraid they’d leave him looking a little off. I wish they had chosen a better pic of Lucy, but oh well. This is better than the others! 😀

• samuel says:

Wow, now that is a beautiful poster arranged very logically, and uncluttered, I like the fact that Edmund’s sword points up to the witch, and the vibrant colors really stand out against the blue backdrop

• LOTRFREAK says:

whats with the snow? this is VDT not LWW.

• Manuel says:

Wonderful posters! I want them all!

• Anna's Sister says:

I just can’t bring myself to like the first one. It just looks so sloppy. But the second one is AWESOME.

• Peepicheep says:

The first poster isn’t the best I have seen. Now there is three things I like about it. Caspian, Edmund and Eustace look quite natural and the ship is very beautiful,now here are the things I hate about it. The White Witch and Lucy look fake and now for Aslan. He looks AWESOME even though his fur is turning white, what’s up with that? this is what I don’t understand why did the white witch in the trailer have green smoke around her when she’s talking with Edmund? Is she turning into the lady of green kirdle?
    Reepicheep what’s with the grin? it looks like he won the lottery or something. The graphics were splendid!

• The White Wizard says:

The White Witch’s pose isn’t that great.

• Lilli'sBFF says:

ASLAN IN A SNOWSTORM!!!!!!!!!!!EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• King Ty of Narnia says:

I love these posters. man, with all the snow, its like 2005 all over again.

SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!

• Narnian Meerkat says:

Oooooooo,LOVE THEM!!!!! I especially like the snowy Aslan one. 🙂

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

Reep is saying "cheese"! for his first movie poster!! cute! but where’s his tail? that’s the glory and honor of a mouse!

• Xenithar says:

Am I the only one that thinks they photoshopped Georgie’s face in the first poster??

• Austra says:

I think so too, as a matter of fact! Actually, I think it’s the same photo of her as the original one. It looks like they just lightened it a little.

• TumnusTheBrave says:

i love aslan’s carmel, golden eyes

• Austra says:

Ooooh, that’s SO cool! I personally love the first one. The second one. . . eh, not so much. When I think of Aslan. . . well, I don’t tend to think of snowstorms, ya know? You more relate snowstorms to the White Witch! Seems like /she/ belongs there, not Aslan. Still, these are really cool posters!

• Nyetwerke says:

I inquired about these at Movieposter.com on 11/4 and was informed they will be getting these "in the next month or so." I saw the snowy Aslan poster at the cinema last night and it is awesome!

• Northernranger says:

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I saw the second one on the way home yesterday. I freacked out!!!! I was sceaming and pointing at it. I think my sisters lost some of their hearing!!! It looked really cool up on the bilboard. Keep the story of Aslan alive.