Want to Hear Carrie Sing ‘There’s a Place for Us’ ?

Posted November 11, 2010 6:57 am by fantasia_kitty

Yahoo!Movies has a preview video of Carrie performing ‘There’s a Place for Us’ from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, including some new clips from the movie.

This video clip was also shown on ABC last night during the 44th Country Music Awards.

Thank you so much to everyone who sent this story in!

• Lucy Helen Ycul says:

I think this song is perfect for the film. I like it a lot.

• Narniamaniac says:

This is such a different approach to a Narnia soundtrack song, but I REALLY like it! The lyrics fit the movie perfectly, and the clips made me bounce up and down on my couch with excitement. The 30-day countdown begins!

• vdt what says:

WOW! im sure they would never mess it up narnia is always cool. fans you know why pc did not do very good because you did not see it so mutch like lww. oh the song. still my favorite song is saying good by the beat does not really fit but thats ok people leave on the credits.

• Litus says:

I agree with you, one factor affects Prince Caspian is the jinks and pessimistic people in this popular movie site of Narnia.

• Defender of the King says:

Definately. If the big Narnia fans talk PC down, why would more casual fans watch it? I’ll say what I think about PC: I love it!! (I love the song too. So very pretty.)

• Talking Rat says:

I have to disagree there… I think (judging from the poll on the home page) most big Narnia fans go see the movie no matter what. And while they tend to be the most critical, they also tend to be the most optimistic. I’d say they’re disappointed because the movie isn’t as good as it could be, not that the movie doesn’t do as well as it could because the most faithful fans are disappointed.

• Chloe says:

This song really fits. I like it.

• jill says:

This does not match the film, or the original excellence of the book. Perhaps something a little less country, and a little less Underwood? I’m really, really dissapointed.

• Ari says:

On the contrary, I think it both works and fits with the film quite splendidly! I’m very, very…. nondissapointed? EXCITED! YEAH! <3

• WholeHearted says:

I happen to like the song, but I see where you’re coming from. Why choose a country singer for a British film? Still, I think the song has been MUCH improved by Carrie singing it.

• QueenLucytheValient says:

I think it’s perfect. Hey, I have no idea where to report this but I saw another Narnia billboard on the Pennsylvania turnpike about 11 miles west of Philly. THe billboard looked like the other one, so I didn’t take a picture.

• Manuel says:

My point is: no matter if you think this is the best Narnia song or the worse, let´s share it! We must to do publicity to «Dawn Treader» if we want «Silver Chair» before Will Poulter grows up too much! 🙂

• Abby says:

I think this is the perfect fit for the movie I love Carrie Underwood!Couldn’t have picked a better song or sound!:)

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! (am very interested to see the scene with edmund, susan, and peter…)

• TheGreatPhoenix says:

i totally agree! i originally was horrified at the idea of peter and susan being in it but i am now excited and would like to know a little bit more because they all look so happy and i love those sorts of scenes

• Reepicheep, Knight of Narnia says:

I love this song! It might turn out to be one of my favorites. As for the clips, wow! The ending looks really, really sad. I can’t wait to see it in just 27 days!

• Princess Ally, the Majestic says:

That sounds beautiful! I can’t wait to get the soundtrack!

• Laura Elizabeth says:

I can’t stand that style of music… it’s not any different from any other song of it’s kind, and I don’t like her voice either. I’m glad it’s just at the end of the movie.

• Evan Morgan says:

The hug at the end between Edmund and Caspian keeps on reminding me that they’re saying goodbye forever, pretty much. Keeps on giving me the chills.The scene with Liliandil lighting up the whole table with candles and color just amazes me. I am sure this will be the most succesful movie out of the three. Can’t wait for it!

• Litus says:

Here is a behind the scene Q&A with Carrie Underwood and recording of There’s a place for us.

Interview #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=optfKqnK1tk (She explain the reason behind the song, now I really understand)
    Interview #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD8kzo9VwJw
    Recording #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guxASoRV1UA
    Recording #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFkiABc2Yuk

• Narnian at Heart says:

this song fits wonderfullt;)))

• For Christ Alone says:

YES, YES, YES!!! It’s wonderful. 🙂

• Lucy says:

I really enjoyed what I’ve heard of this song so far. I cannot wait to hear the rest of it! Carrie Underwood is a very talented singer and I am so happy that she is a participant of the movie. One of the most touching scenes that caught my attention immediately was the hug between Edmund and Caspian. Right next to that was the the scene where Lucy hugged Aslan. I am a faithful Narnian who will always treasure the books that our dear C.S Lewis wrote. And even if the movie does not live up to the standards of the book,I’m sure that I will enjoy it anyways. Remember, Aslan is on the move!

• AslanForever says:

Gosh darn it! I need to stop watching this video unless I want to really mess myself up and keep on getting all emotional… :O

• WholeHearted says:

Wow! I love the song now that I’ve heard Carrie do it. And the new footage… amazing. I really loved the shot of Aslan’s table, and when Lucy hugged Aslan I think my heart skipped a beat! This is gonna be an incredible movie, guys. : )

• Lucylove says: