‘Prince Caspian’ Stage Production Premieres in South Carolina (Video)

Posted December 17, 2016 9:09 am by Glumpuddle

The Academy of Arts unveiled its stage adaptation of C.S. Lewis’ Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia at the Logos Theatre last night in Taylors, South Carolina. The show will run until January 21 (tickets).

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe has been adapted several times (including at the Logos), but this marks the first time its sequel has appeared on a professional stage. View footage from local media below:

Douglas Gresham (stepson of C.S. Lewis) flew in for the premiere. In a radio interview (thanks to NarniaFans for the heads up) this week, Gresham and Noah Stratton (Academy CFO) talked about the process of approving the script and realizing it would be the first Prince Caspian stage production on this level.

Seen the play? Send us a review!

• Glumpuddle says:

So thrilling to see other Narnia books getting some attention!

• narnia fan 7 says:

Looks good I like the design of it.

• Glumpuddle says:

Also, another win for publication order. 😉

• coracle says:

Ive seen Magician’s Nephew on stage, and have a copy of the script for this and for Vogayge.
    Who picked that they adapted the transporting into Narnia scene from the Movie and not the Book?? I am not sure that I approve – in fact, the book has a nice simple set that they could have easily saved money on!

• Glumpuddle says:

What makes you say that? They have to find a way to transport them from the station to Narnia… on a stage, that naturally means physically moving the sets.

• coracle says:

The book has a small country railway station platform (not much different from the Coombe Halt set in LWW!) which would have been simple to remove while bringing in the Narnia landscape – in the book they arrive in the middle of woods, not on the beach.

• HPofNARNIA says:

I’ve seen stage plays of LWW, SC, HHB and MN but never PC. I wish I could go see it. That would be incredible.

• Louloudi the Centaur says:

I can see a lot of influence from the 2008 film in Caspian’s costume.

• Clynphotonerd says:

I saw all three performances this weekend of Prince Caspian and I just want to say it was the most cinematic production I have ever seen! And I have seen a lot of productions! I would wager few other directors could do what that director did with locals with various amounts of experience (aka most aren’t professional actors.)
    The train scene transition was exactly what it needed to be for stage. The costumes, sets, hair and makeup, props and the fantastic puppets worked in tandem.
    If you are considering coming to see it please do! We have had people from California, Indiana, Ohio, Florida amongst other states come to see it!
    Tickets for January are almost gone for the 13 performances left!

• Leone says:

Wow I am so excited about the wonderful things that are being said about this production. So awesome that both my grandchildren have roles in the play. Wish I could have been there to applaud them but sadly I live in South Africa.

• Dekkie says:

I agree, Clynphotonerd! I was able to go to one of the shows opening weekend, and was blown away by the quality of the production. Having Doug Gresham at the show made it even more special. Fingers crossed that Logos will continue to adapt the other Narnia stories for stage!

• Just Queen, not High Queen says:

Hmmm…well, I am in need of a vacation!

• Aslan#1Fan says:

I want to go. NOW. $45 is totally worth it. Now, to get there from across the country . . .

• Reepicheep775 says:

Finally another book besides LWW is being adapted for the stage! I love LWW, but it mystifies me why the attention it gets is so disproportionate compared to the rest of the series.

• warship battle 3d world war ii guide says:

It is in point of fact a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m satisfied that you just
    shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to
    date like this. Thanks for sharing.

• #1 fan of UNCLE ANDREW says:

Thanks for the info! I won’t be able to see the show but I’m reading the book of price Caspian and I figured out when they’re holding arms and squirming that’s the part when they’re going to Narnia!

• aslan says:

will Jadis destroy Aslan and Narnia?