Huge Dawn Treader Banner at Cannes

Posted May 10, 2010 1:04 pm by fantasia_kitty

Collider.com has posted a HUGE picture of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader banner at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival. (Click here for the full sized image.)

Dawn Treader Banner at Cannes Film Festival

The banner features Caspian, Reepicheep, and Aslan on the left side, and Edmund, Lucy, and Eustace on the right. Unfortunately Eustace is pretty hard to make out, but the rest of the banner makes up for it. Hopefully we’ll get some more pictures of it later today that will have a better angle.

Thanks to Johnny T, matt, and Jacquelyn for the heads-up!

UPDATE: Overnight, we received spy reports from Johnny T, CaspianX, and AJAiken with a link to additional pictures of the banner. EmpireOnline.com has posted pictures of the side panels and the ship has indeed made it on to the banner! You can view the story here.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Dawn Treader Banner at Cannes Film Festival

Dawn Treader Banner at Cannes Film Festival

Dawn Treader Banner at Cannes Film Festival

Dawn Treader Banner at Cannes Film Festival

UPDATE 2: More Dawn Treader marquee pics from RopeofSilicon can be seen here.

Visit the ForumHave a comment or want to chime in on this news story? Check out the NarniaWeb Forum for some fantastic discussion. Just click here to post your comments. We look forward to seeing you on the forum! Here’s a quick preview of the forum discussion:

No Items Available

Unfortunately there appears to be no news items on the page you have requested logged here

• Me says:

lol took me a while to work out it was lucy. lol, i was like who the hecks that?.

• TumnusTheBrave says:

i just realized that edmunds holding a sword. i thought it was like a pole on the ship(what r those called again?)just found out there was a dragon on that banner.

• On-Fire4God says:

Ed’s holding Rhindon.

• Destrier's Rider says:

Okay, here’s my two cents’ worth about Ed and Rhindon. The sword is DEFINATELY NOT Edmund’s sword from the first two movies. Due to the fact that the only sword in the first two movies with a lion’s head on the pommel is Rhindon and Peter gave Rhindon to Caspian it stands to reason that it could be Rhindon. Also, Caspian seems a bit unsure what to do when Peter gives it to him in PC. Maybe he thought it better to let Ed use it while he was there??
    Also, the way Ed is holding it wouldn’t hurt. He’s got armor on his hand for one thing, and swords usually aren’t very sharp (if they’re sharp at all) that close the the hilt. Also, in movies, when someone holds a sword with their arm in that position, they almost always hold it right below the hilt like Ed is doing.

• NarniaNerd says:

Sure, it wouldn’t HURT to hold it like that, since he has the glove on, but it’s still kind of a funny way to hold it.

• K. J. Hill says:

Aaaaaaaugh! Now I want to see it even more!!! Christmas is so far away!!!

• silverPhoenix says:

I was determined to not get excited about anything for VDT until I saw the film…but that went straight out the window when I saw these pics! I’m freakin’ excited now! Go Narnia! WOOOOOO!!!!

• Pippin/Merry/Gimli/all hobbits and dwarf lover says:

WHOOHOOO! That looks so majorly awesome!! Edmond looks cool but a little weird, I just can’t put my finger on it.

• Omac the centaur says:

…Woe. is that georgie?? skandar looks cool but she looks different!

• Mapthestars says:

Lucy looks so much older now. Can’t wait to see the film!

• 220chrisTian says:

Georgie = scary?! I like the way she looks on the banner. It’s a classic, serious pose.

Skandar: hmm. Wet hair and a sword. I wish his pose were similar to Georgie’s. lol

Ben: I like. 😀

• 220chrisTian says:

Everybody: what is with some of you on Georgie in the banner? Her hair is back in a ponytail, that’s all. Don’t you remember the still from one of the official VDT blogs? Georgie on the ship deck with her in a ponytail? And let’s not forget some of the filming pics from spy reports!

• iLiveInNarnia says:

Georgie is all grown up! Hardly recognized her! 😀 CANT WAIT! (TRAILER TO COME SOON..HOPING! hehehe)

• Narnia Dreamer says:

Wow! Lucy looks so much older on the poster. I saw some pictures recent pictures of her and she did not look at all like the picture on the poster. Anyway, I cannot wait for the trailer!!!

• Keyaan says:

"Will Poulter seems perfectly cast as their awful cousin, Eustace (although with a name like Eustace, the poor kid has some reason to act out)."

XD

• Fire vein says:

Lucy looks so pretty!!! Edmund looks handsome, Eustace looks pouty and Caspian well, well looks slightly girly.

• Narnia_Believer says:

I don’t think Caspian looks girly just older. however, i am so mad. in the book it said that it was 3 narnian years befre lucy and them went back. but the producers are saying that it was 10!

• Jessica says:

Now I really hope that it also will have Sweden premiere at December 10th or else I’ll DIE of waiting for it!!!!!!!!!

• Mal says:

WHOA… THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• martin the warrior says:

why do they take for ever to release the trailer!

• just jill says:

wow that is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Narnia_Believer says:

I am really excited about the movie. And after this, I will be waiting for the last battle. I wonder, is there any way to audition to be in the movie the last battle? If there is, please tell me! SO EXCITED ABOUT MOVIE! =)