Ramandu’s Daughter Given a Name – Lilliandil

Posted June 1, 2010 12:39 pm by fantasia_kitty

We were contacted by someone within the production who shared a few tidbits of information with us regarding the character of Ramandu’s Daughter.

First, the lovely actress who was the stand-in for the character of Ramandu’s Daughter is Stefania Duncan; 21 year old model and actress from Queensland Australia. Her profile can be seen on StarNow.com here.

Second, the character has been given a name for this movie: Lilliandil. Tirian can confirm this name from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader footage he saw a few months ago. He also mentioned that Douglas Gresham was the one who created this name. Very pretty!

Visit the ForumHave a comment or want to chime in on this news story? Check out the NarniaWeb Forum for some fantastic discussion. Just click here to post your comments. We look forward to seeing you on the forum! Here’s a quick preview of the forum discussion:

No Items Available

Unfortunately there appears to be no news items on the page you have requested logged here

• Glenstorm the Great says:

wow. i knew this was probably going to happen but i’m still kinda in shock. it’s a pretty name. and i guess it would have been weird for them just to call her "lady" or "ramandu’s daughter" for the whole movie, especially if she’s going to be in it for longer than the book. but still, as a book purist, this is kinda hard to swallow…

• Weapon Master says:

This reminds me of the way the White Witch’s dwarf was given a name in the first film (Ginarrbrik, no doubt derived from Nikabrik). It would be cool if they kept her nameless, but somehow I don’t think that would work cienmatically.

• Warrior 4 Jesus says:

It would work, you just have to be very careful about the way you do it. Case in point: on LOST, the TV series, there’s a main character with no name in the final season. You never do find out his name but it works.

• coracle says:

It’s great that Doug Gresham gave her a name that reflects her son’s name (well, his name will reflect hers).
    Lilliandil – Rilian!

I am guessing the "dil" ending is either a diminutive ending or a feminine name ending from some language I don’t know!

• Alambil and Tarvis says:

:O

I hadn’t noticed that connection between Rilian’s name, but OMG you are so right! Okay, I officially LOVE this name now. :p

And the "dil" I’m pretty sure comes from Tolkien’s Elvish in LOTR. The name reminded me of "Elendil" when I saw it.

• QStheG says:

It’s very beautiful name…also like a Star*crying*

• Narnialover says:

OMG i SO agree with you!!! it’s SUCH a beautiful name!!!!
      that’s exactly what i think about when i hear that too. Did the book say anything about her mom being a star also?

• Hope in the Lord says:

It might have to grow on me before I say anything. But it sounds pretty. Oh why can’t they release the trailer I’m dying here. πŸ™

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

If you have hope in the Lord as your screenname implies, I should think that you would "die" for a trailer. Sure, I’m excited too, but if you don’t really mean to use such strong descriptions for your anticipation, then use something milder. As C.S. Lewis himself said, "Don’t use words too big for the subject. Don’t say infinitely when you mean very; otherwise you’ll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite." πŸ™‚

• Haggith Tarkheena says:

Don’t worry. It’s only a movie. Just patience. πŸ™‚
      Besides, don’t get TOO excited. Because if you do, and if the moive isn’t ALL that great, it will really disappoint you. Like it did to me on Prince Caspian. Just some advice. πŸ™‚

• Narnialover says:

Yeah, i agree. i think there was way to much war and not enough calmer enjoyable scenes from the book. And i think Ben Barnes was too old to play the part of Caspian, i mean, he’s supposed to be like, a little older than Edmund and Ben is 26!!!

• Casue says:

I totally DISAGREE! Ben Barnes is amazingly hot, talented and awesome! The way they made him look made him seem 18ish, just the right age to ascend the throne. Since VDT is three years after that he would be 22. An age when most young men would be married off in the earth-related time.

My main problem with the PC movie was that it skipped or sped through a lot of the book scenes (I always loved the part when the children first get into Narnia, and everything feels so mysterious and adventurous, and I feel that the movie didn’t portray it right. I also missed all the parts where Caspian is growing up, and the moonlit walk of faith behind Aslan) and put in a bunch of scenes that were just unnecessary not nearly as good. And I didn’t like how they changed the characters. I liked some parts of the movie, but I’m afraid it did disappoint me. It could have been so much better if they’d done a few things differently.

Okay, didn’t mean to make another complaint about PC. I just hope the Dawn Treader at least lives up to most of my expectations, and those of other Narnia fans as well. πŸ™‚

yay! she has a name! i never liked how she was just called "the star’s daughter". besides since she becomes caspian’s wife its just rediculous to not give her a name.

• Sokol_iz_Narnii says:

Stefania Duncan?
    25.08.2009 NarniaWeb reported that the role of Ramandu’s will perform Laura Brent:
    Why another actress?

• Mirima Rosetrader says:

I always thought she deserved a name besides Ramandu’s Daughter. I really like Lilliandil. I’m so glad she has a name. πŸ™‚ Oh coracle that is neat that her name is similar to Rillian, thanks for pointing that out. :)Thank you Mr. Gresham for giving her a name! I’m dying to see the trailer now! Long live Aslan and sail on VDT!

• Narnialover says:

this is kinda random but how do you get a picture on your comment thing? …just watch it be easy and i’ll look stupid… that happens a lot.

• The Batman says:

You can get a picture at gravatar.com πŸ™‚ I’m so glad Mr. Gresham gave "Lilliandil" a name!

• Aunt Letty says:

That actress is quite pretty, and of course, she’s the stand-in, not the character actress, but…I hope Laura Brent has a more, well, [ethereal] appearance. I really couldn’t tell from that artist’s rendering on the poster board we saw earlier. Ramandu’s daughter needs to be beautiful, but not in the conventional, prom-queen manner. She should be someone who knows how to comport herself as a lady, something that is getting harder and harder to find in the entertainment business these days. It really can’t be faked very well.

• marianne says:

Based on the few pictures I’ve seen of Laura, she seems very ethereal. In my opinion she has very classically beautiful face, like an ancient Greek sculpture’s, and certain air of nobility about her.

I completely agree. RD (I’m not quite used to saying Lilliandil yet) should be noble, dignified, kind-looking, and a beautiful person who shines from without and within. I just hope they’re able to pull it off in the movie.

• Haggith Tarkheena says:

Yes, she needs to be beautiful like an Elf. . .

• marianne says:

I don’t think the names sounds particularly Tolkienish. First of all, the ll in the middle makes it look different. And secondly, it’s a little too "cute" for an Elvish name. They’re usually more Celtic or Latin. IMHO. πŸ˜‰

• Aunt Letty says:

Actually, if you took a close look at the Finnish language, you’d find it strangely familiar. Tolkien used it for some of his elvish.

• Lillyput90 says:

You are right, the Finnish language was the influence for the Quenya or high elvish whereas Welsh was the influence for the Sindarin or sylvan elvish (Yes I’m wearing my geek hat right now…..). In the movies most of the spoken elvish is Sindarin, taking the Welsh influence of course. There are some beautiful moments where Quenya is used though:)

• Aunt Letty says:

Heh, heh. You’re braver about trotting out your geek hat than I am, I guess. I wasn’t going to go into detail. But, yes, the sailient point is; Latin had very little to do with Tolkien’s elvish languages. And, it’s no coincidence that some of Lewis’ and Tolkien’s naming etymology is similar.

• Aunt Letty says:

darn. misspelled "salient".

• just jill says:

lilliandil is a great name!it never really made sense to me why she didn’t have a name. now if only we could see a trailer i thought one was supposed to come out in may. please get a trailer out

• Jeditrojan says:

This is a little off course, but since Ralian’s mother was Lilliandil (cool name:-), that means that he is half star, right? Dose that mean he is the rightful king of Narnia? BTW like the name.

• ibart9 says:

im not into the name (sorry douggie)
    what do they mean by stand in?

• Aslan's Meadow says:

So how "EXACTALLY" do you pronounce it?

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

stand-ins… well "stand-in" the place of the real actor and depict the same character. Some stand-ins are stunt doubles (eg: the guy who rode the horse off the closing drawbridge in PC was /not/ William Moseley but still depicted Peter), others are there for back shots. Stand-ins are especially helpful for kid actors who are restricted in regards to the amount of time they can work in a day.

• chirpingbird says:

That’s funny, Will actually DID do that stunt. (It has been mentioned in lots of interviews with him on PC.)

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

William did not do the drawbridge stunt. "Insurance wouldn’t cover it" and "his stunt double was quite happy: drinking tea everyday except for the drawbridge". William did every other stunt (such as with the duel with Miraz or at the end of the Night Raid when he runs with his horse, kicks a Telmarine down, then jumps on), but not that one.

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

chirpingbird, Will did not do that stunt. What you’re thinking of is the many assertions, by Will and others, that he did all of his own stunts. Well, that’s mostly true, but there is an interview floating around Youtube in which Will himself states that he did all his own stunts except the one shot of the drawbridge- that was someone else.
        There’s the link.
        Anywho, I can see your confusion!
        And, please excuse me for being ignorant, but how old is Laura?

• Haggith Tarkheena says:

I love it! But, my sister and I are SO used to pretending that her name was Esther, it’s going to take quite awhile to get used to her new name. πŸ™‚

Awwww. πŸ™‚ Well, you can still call her that when you read the book.

• Narnia_Believer and Lord of the Rings Lover says:

Not really, I mean if that is her name than that is her name, you can’t change it. however, esther is a pretty name…

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

Well, C.S. Lewis didn’t /actually/ give her a name, so it hardly matters what you call her (I am a believer that whatever the author says (or doesn’t say) overrules all other opinions (even though I do like some changes/additions to movies (Narnia especially) such as the White Witch wearing an ice crown instead of a gold one)! If I was ever thinking to myself (I never called her this out loud), I’d /occasionally/ refer to her as "Starla" (only for personal reference purposes).

• Haggith Tarkheena says:

Thanks guys! Esther meant "Star" so it was a perfect name for her.

Starla. . .that is a VERY pretty name too Ariel of Narnia! πŸ™‚

• Narnian_Believer and Lord of the rings lover says:

Your right, I was a little mean when I said you couldn’t call her what you wanted. You can actually call her whatever you want. Sorry! =(

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

Thanks, Haggith Tarkheena! And I do take into consideration the meanings of names, so I do agree with you that "Esther" works just as well! πŸ˜€

• Pippin/Merry/Gimli/all hobbits and dwarf lover says:

Well what do you know, this one is actualy prett, I saw the first VDT and boy is that lady ugly. πŸ™‚ but so was everyone else so I guess that dosn’t count. πŸ™‚

• Haggith Tarkheena (trying to think of a new name) says:

Yeah. . .I know. It REALLY isn’t a Christain thing to say, but, I do agree that she wasn’t very PRETTY.

• Bookwyrm says:

You think Gabrielle Anwar is ugly? Wow…

I think she was a nice-looking girl…just maybe not Star material. Ramandu’s daughter (ahem…Lilliandil) is supposed to be the definition of true beauty, not just a reasonably pretty girl with blond hair.
      But no offence to the actress. I certainly wouldn’t call her ugly.

• Griffle says:

If this is a name chosen by Gresham, then fine, if not; No comment!

• Narnia_Believer and Lord of the Rings Lover says:

Wow………..that is a really cool name. I wonder what her real name is?

• Waleed Sajjad Khan says:

I LUV IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I USED 2 HAV 2 LIL PARAKEETS WHOO WERE MATES THE BOY WAS CASPIAN THE GIRLS NAME WUZ LAILA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO CLOSE TO LILLIANDIL I COULDN THINK OF A BETTER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Waleed Sajjad Khan says:

QUEEN LILLIANDIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Narnia_Believer and Lord of the Rings Lover says:

omg! i am so dumb! if i had read the top i would’ve known her real name.

• Atarah says:

Very pretty name. And she needed one, too. Heh, the actress looks like a good friend of mine.

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

Almost have mixed feelings about the name. I mean, it’s plenty nice and now I don’t have to drive myself batty every time I type "Ramandu’s Daughter", but it almost sounds… I don’t know… Middle-Earth-ish?

• Haggith Tarkheena says:

Yeah, I agree. It does almost sound Middle-earthish. Very pretty! It sounds elven!

• Quenya says:

Check out my explanation below!

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

Wow, Quenya, I’ve read LotR (and The Silmarillion and the appendices) but I never really researched all that kind of stuff. Whether or not your thought is correct, it’s a nice explanation anyway! I must say that I like it!

• Peepicheep says:

What a beautiful name and what a lovely actress!! thank you so much for posting and finding this Narnia-Web!!

I can’t wait until it comes out.

• Quenya says:

I spent a bit of time looking at the word itself, because the "-dil" ending of the name is reminiscent of Earendil, one of the heroes of the Middle-Earth realm. Tolkein (as I’m sure most of us know) spent a painstaking amount of time creating the languages of his creatures- the one most important to this topic is that of Elves. Additionally, C.S. Lewis and Tolkein were collaborators on their projects, and so a name that nods to JRRT would be quite appropriate.
    Now to start with the most telling portion of the name, we will extrapolate other ideas of where this may originate from there. The suffix "-dil" appears in two of the Elven languages created by Tolkein, Quenyan and Sindarin. In Sindarin, -dil means "devotion," or, "devoted to." This would suggest that the remainder of her name would say that she is devoted to some cause or ideal. In Quenyan, the suffix means "love," or "to love." This would suggest a similar idea as before.
    If that were the only portion of the name derived from something Elven, then Lillian (latin for the flower, lily) would represent the star shape (or her beauty and purity) of the plant mentioned before. This would be the most logical course to pursue, but let me blow your mind a little bit.
    Although no cognate of lillian exists in Sindarin, the Quenya has a word- lirinen- which is similar enough to lillian to raise an eyebrow. The word’s meaning too, "song" is interestingly appropriate due to the fact that she and Ramandu both sing at down to raise the sun. This would make her name "lover of song," or more literally "song lover."

Now there may be other alternate explanations that match more closely to the choice of this name, or maybe theres no explanation and I’m just totally off base. I like this idea, however. Let me know what you think.

• Narnian_Believer and Lord of the rings lover says:

I think you are right. Great observation! But I wonder who exactly came up with the name Lilliandil?

• Aliea says:

Dougless Greshem (Is that spelled right?), C.S. lewis’s… step-son? i think that’s right… anyway, he picked the name.

• Narnian_Believer and Lord of the rings lover says:

No, it is Douglas Gresham. But you did good in trying. =)

• The Batman says:

Wow, that is so fascinating! Thanks so much for sharing what you found out about her name!

• Eleniel says:

Love the name!!

Just to correct your grammar a bit Quenya – the word ‘lΓ­rinen’ is actually the instrumental case of the noun ‘lΓ­rΓ«,’ meaning ‘song.’ Adding the ending ‘-nen’ makes it ‘because of song.’

Since you know the word I assume you are familiar with the ‘NamΓ‘riΓ«’ poem – there is another instance of the instrumental case there in the word ‘sΓΊrinen’ – because of the wind. πŸ˜‰

The closest two words to ‘Lillian’ in Quenya that I am aware of are the verbs ‘lala’ (to laugh) and ‘lelya’ (to go), neither of which is terribly similar.

I agree with all said about the ending ‘-dil;’ good work. That’s the first thing I thought of when I saw the name.

I would hardly think Mr. Gresham would be that deep into Quenya grammar anyway. πŸ˜› The name is very suitable as far as I’m concerned; it has a real sort of Narnian ring. ^)

Wow, even if Elvish is an imaginary language, Tolkien sure put some work into it. And you guys know all about it! If ever any Middle Earth elves show up, you’ll be able to chat with them like old pals! πŸ˜‰

But I’m still not convinced that Gresham was trying to make up a grammatically correct Elvish name. This is Narnia after all, not not Middle Earth. If anything I would think he’d try to avoid any connection with elves. But still you never know.

• Narnian1993 says:

I think it’s a beautiful name! even more special since Douglas G. picked it out. πŸ™‚ I think it fits her caracter very well. King Caspian and Queen Lilliandil πŸ˜‰

• narniafan#1 says:

The name is pretty and it was very appropriate for Mr. Gresham to come up with it. I’m just a bit worried that this part of the movie is being played up more than it should. After all, Ramandu’s daughter won’t be in any other films and wasn’t in any other books. And to be honest, the effect is ruined after Susan and Caspian’s relationship in PC.

• Casue says:

I hope that they have Lucy or Edmund shout "Two-Timer" when they realize that Caspian <3 Lilliandil. I think that the love stuff between caspian and Susan made the PC movie awesome!

• Bookwyrm says:

I think Lucy and Edmund are a little more mature than that.

• Aslan's Meadow says:

That would be awsome! They should make a blooper with it.
        That would be halarious.

• QueenLucy12 says:

Omgsh that would be sooo funny for a blooper! lol!!!

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Well, judging from your screen name, Casue, you probably would like that little dialogue. But, as all know here, Edmund isn’t pleased with his sister and Lucy is slightly confused by Susan’s sudden romance with someone they hardly even know. So, they probably wouldn’t do it. And they’re also old enough to know not to embarrass themselves like that. πŸ˜‰

Sometimes I wonder if Disney was intentionally trying to ruin VotDT by putting Suspian in the movie! I mean, Caspian, even in Prince Caspian, belongs to RD,L (my abbreviation for Ramandu’s Daughter, Lilliandil). So, why ruin a perfectly good romance??? I mean, out of the two explicit canon romances in the entire CoN, they picked the first one they could get their hands on to tear to pieces! (By "explicit canon" I mean those that ended in marriage- I’m not referring to other couples that some think have subtle relationships- including, but not limited to, Eustace and Jill, Tirian and Jill, Tirian and Lucy, Peter and Jill, Edmund and Jill, Polly and Digory, etc.) Now, I know there are those of you who say that Suspian was before RD,L, so apparently it’s all right, but if these filmmakers know ahead of time that Caspian’s going to eventually marry someone else, why do it in the first place? It doesn’t make sense to me to put in a romance between these two characters when it’s just going to blow up in your face later because a) the two characters never see each other again and b) one of the characters marries someone else.

Okay i need 2 reply to all
        BOOKWYRM-Yes Edmund and Lucy might be too mature for that but i can see Edmund being really sarcastic and saying that to get on Caspian’s nerves.
        ASLANS MEADOW & QUEENLUCY12-Awesome blooper reel material!

HIGHQUEENOFNARNIA-What really struck me as odd was when Susan stopped beliieving in Narnia in the Last Battle. What made her forget? in one of my fanfics i made it so that Caspian was the reason because she didn’t want to remember him because it brought too much pain. This could make Edmund and Lucy very very mad with Caspian. I think Dusney and walden media (in this movie it is just Walden and 20 Fox) did the Casue romance to show a coming of age. when someone you love (whether it be romantic or family) it is very hard to let go. Caspian will never see Su again, so she is practically dead to him. if he got over that it would show great responsibility and pscological(i cnt spell) strength.
        THANKS FOR REPLYING EVERYONE!!!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• AslanJudah says:

Wish I was the stand in for Caspian. πŸ˜‰

• Xenithar says:

I wonder if the name has any meaning. It is kinda pretty, sounds a bit LotRish, but that doesn’t matter, I suppose ^^

• sam says:

Lilliandil. sounds enough narnian.
    ive never heard of that actress, but shes pretty

• Casue says:

I agree and i hope that she plays her role to our verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry high expectations πŸ™‚

• Alambil and Tarvis says:

Well, the actress shown here isn’t the one who plays Lilliandil. She’s just the stand-in. The actual actress playing the character is Laura Brent.

• sam says:

but really, i hope it will stick to the book a lot more than Prince Caspian

• TumnusTheBrave says:

yea i think so too. The LWW stayed true to the book but Prince Caspian was a little disappointing, Especially when ur expecting something great in the theaters. that just sucks. anyways i really hope they stay true to the book

• Alambil and Tarvis says:

I was hoping that they wouldn’t give her a name, just to keep that extra aura of mystery to her character, but I actually like the choice; the name sounds like the name of a star, and it has the right aura of mystery that the character does. And it’s even better since Doug Gresham picked it out πŸ™‚ It definitely sounds like an echo of Tolkien, but as someone else mentioned, he and Lewis were friends and colleagues, so that’s not really a problem. And it’s not some ridiculous name that people would come up with for Mary-Sues in fanfics.

I like it. By the time the movie comes out, it will have grown on my so much I’ll probably be in love with it. πŸ˜€

OMG!!!!!!!
    Beautiful name, but in my fanfic i called her Stella!
    Ya kno the thing with the dude yelling "Stella!" in the rain? That was my inspiration

• Casue says:

I just got dared to do this. to any of you who play the game (the game is where you try not to think about the game, and if you do, you shout "I lost the game" so that everyone around you will lose the game too)anyhoooooooo…..
      I LOST THE GAME!!!!!!!

• narniafan#1 says:

What?

• Alambil and Tarvis says:

BOO now I lost the game darnit xD

• Casue says:

One of my friends taught me the game. it is all in the rules

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Casue, you lost the game! πŸ™‚
        (So did I, as a matter of fact!)

Am I the only other person who knows what The Game is? We play it at my homeschool group all the time. It gets obnoxious because boys go around yelling at people, "Hey, ________, you lost the game!" *sighs* They’ll grow up someday though.
        I wonder how old Stephanie is.

• Casue says:

Thanks 4 playin! spread the chaos! HIGHQUEEN OF NARNIA- use your brai skillz (cuz ur smart) to get back at them. (may i suggest chasing them screaming "Yea well you lost them now punks" as you can see i am a goody twoshoe cuz it is against my values to be mean. ;0

• narnianheart says:

huh, i don’t know if I really like that.

• Casue says:

Well, i do. Stella or Estelle(that was too fancy for me) means Star in Latin. Now do you see my Logic? Wait a sec….were you commenting on my comment or the story?

STELLA!

• silverPhoenix says:

It’s fitting for Ramandu’s daughter. Bravo, Mr. Gresham.

• violetfirekrazed says:

Hhmmmmm, I’m not to keen on it. It somewhat reminds me of Lilith…. I’m not sure why that name has negative connotations in my mind, but it does >.< I think it has something to do with Narnia fandom *chuckles* ya know you’re a fan when you constantly get cannon and fandom mixed up πŸ˜›

~VFK~

• Casue says:

Me too! LIke yesturday i could have sworn i saw a centaur!

• Narnian_Believer and Lord of the rings lover says:

Really? When I was riding bike, my brother and I thought we saw a Griffon! I am not making jokes either.

• Casue says:

Me niether but i could have sworn that horse had a human face….maybe someone was just riding it. IDK but it is funner to think that there might be some magic in this world afterall.

• Aslan's Meadow says:

I saw a white stag out my window, and it wasn’t just an alibino buck…becuase it did have a small stripe of light brown on it’s back. I was all excited and called up another Narnian fan!!

• Narnian_Believer and Lord of the rings lover says:

Yeah, that would be cool considering how corrupt this world is already.

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

VFK, the reason that you have a negative connotation with Lilith is because the WW is descended from Lilith, who "was Adam’s first wife".

• TumnusTheBrave says:

i think instead of Lilliandil they should have made it just Lillian

• Casue says:

Lillian is too not Middle Ages to be in Narnia. if it was Lily, then yes cuz that is a flower that was found in the Middle Ages as well as in the present

• Casue says:

To all my fello Narnia addicts I LOST THE GAME.

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

The "dil" seems tacked on, but it’s a pretty name, nonetheless. I actually wished for RD to remain nameless, as I’m half purist, but I’ll have to cope, obviously. I do like the name, and I don’t think it’s too LotRish, either.

• Abren says:

Ok….so I can agree she needed more than "Ramandu’s daughter" but doesn’t any other hardcore Narnia fan like me think that it sounds a bit too much like Lilith? (for anyone that doesn’t know, Lilith is the supposedly Adam’s other wife who was a jinn, aka: evil ancestor of Jadis the White Witch)???????
    And it sounds a bit too "Lord of the Rings".

Also, itsn’t…um…."Lilliandil" supposed to be indescribably beautiful?…I mean, this chick is pretty but not a traffic stopper or anything. She looks very "hot girl walking down the street" more than "exotic star-descended beauty" Didn’t the book say that "And when they looked at her they thought they had never before known what beauty meant"?

well I guess its all opinions…..

• Matthias of Redwall says:

ok….that’s awesome..Ramandu’s daughter
    has a name and we know who’s playing her…
    now….WHO ON EARTH IS PLAYING RAMANDU????

• Lillyput90 says:

Hey, I just had a thought! The Silver Sea might have had some influence on her name, as the other consideration for the sea was Lily Lake.

• Neverland Child says:

Cool!! Now I can stop calling her Ramandu’s Daughter and start calling her Lilliandil!

• Jill Pole says:

I think that is a great name for Ramndus Daughter. I hope the actress can play her real well. I think Johnny Depp would make the perfect Puddleglum! He is tall and thin and very used to having pale skin and strange hair and he also does different voices very well. Is it just me or can anyone else this him as making a great Puddleglum?

• Matthias of Redwall says:

wow, I never thought of that…
      that’s a great idea!!
      he totally would make a great Puddleglum!

• Jill Pole says:

think*

• RuralNarniaFan says:

Heh, not really what I’d call a star-ish name – but then I don’t know what is. xD

I just hope they pronounce it "Lill-ee-AHN-dil" or "Lill-ee-AHN-deel".

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

I bet that here on NW, there will soon be a member whose username is Lilliandil. πŸ™‚
    Probably the same for Narniafans, Aslan’s Country, Lion’s Call, etc. πŸ™‚
    Just a guess!

• Katana says:

Lilliandil is a good name for Ramandu’s daughter its so pretty but also ethreal and mysterious.

• loverforben says:

Oh, my gosh! She is so beautiful! They have picked a great girl and a great name for Ramondue’s daughter!