Narnia Producer Perry Moore Found Dead

Posted February 18, 2011 10:03 am by Tirian

It is with great sadness that we report the news today that Narnia producer Perry Moore has died. He was found unconscious on Thursday morning from an apparent overdose and was pronounced dead shortly thereafter by paramedics.

Perry Moore was a producer on the Narnia films and especially involved with the production of the The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. He was the author of the official movie companion. Since working on the Narnia films, he wrote and directed Lake City and authored a book ‘Hero’.

On a personal note, I’ve met Perry Moore several times and knew him as a fantastic human being: incredibly kind and thoughtful. He will be missed. Please join NarniaWeb as we offer our condolences to his family.

More from the New York Daily News.

• adamie says:

He seemed the nicest guy imaginable in the enterviews of the LWW dvd. This makes me very sad.

• Narnian of Old says:

I hope this tragic loss will cause us to pray all the more diligently for everyone involved in Narnia. We just never know…

• Louloudi the Centaur says:

May the Lion be with his family as they grieve his loss. I hope he was welcomed into the Lion’s Country himself. πŸ™

• MountainFireflower says:

I guess I’m still in shock – it really hasn’t hit me yet that he’s gone. The LWW Companion was one of my favorite books ever, and I loved his writing style & sense of humor. I’ll be praying for his family. I hope that we’ll see him in the real Narnia someday.

• Not Of This World says:

Oh my goodness!! How sad! πŸ™ I’m going to be praying for his family. Was he a Christian? And did he die of a drug overdose did it say?

• Boke_Wyrm says:

Aslan’s Country said it was Oxycontin, a prescription pain reliever. The overdose was likely accidental. Paul Martin at NarniaFans says he was a believer. I pray to meet him someday, and that in the meantime, "Let us be good to one another".

• Not Of This World says:

It’s good he was a beliver. It’s still sad though! πŸ™

• AsbelMcTalisker says:

Seems to me that there are strong parallels here with the recent death of actor Heath Leadger.
        Perhaps some the activities of some Hollywood doctors possably overproscribing pain-killers need to be looked at?

• DOECOG says:

This is tragic news. I did not know him, but he helped me to see a wonderful film that introduced me to seven amazing books. For that I will always be grateful. My thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones.

• Queen C The Gentle says:

May he rest in peace.

• ilovefauns says:

πŸ™ rip

• Movie Aristotle says:

My sympathies to Mr. Moore’s family and friends. We appreciate his work on the Narnia films, and are saddened at his passing.

• Lucia says:

God…
    he must in Aslan’s land now.

• Reepicheep says:

This is truly dreadful. I shall always be grateful that he was a part of the wonderful first film. May his family get through this hard time and may he rest in peace.

• claireyy says:

: O
    i’m sorry about what happened : ( thank you for producing great narnia flims

• Aravis Narnia says:

Sending my condolences here. May he rest in peace.

• lucysdream says:

i am very sorry i will pray .

• narnianheart says:

Thats really sad!!

• Elea says:

I’m so sorry πŸ™

• utterReep says:

Did anyone notice in this article about Perry Moore that he apparently told his family the night before that he had just secured financing for an adaptation of "The Magician’s Nephew"??!!

• Hwin says:

My deepest condolences. May the Lord be with his family in this very difficult time. I personally just went through seeing my mom struggle about the death of a loved one because of an overdose, although in this case it sounded as though it may have been an accident. . . it is obviously a very tragic and hard battle for the family.

• Shy Galadriel says:

Rest in peace my friend. Well, we know now that Narnia as we know it has now ended. I do not think it will continue after this. And I do not think I will want to see anything they make after this.

• malkah says:

I am so saddened to hear this. I will always be grateful for his loving, dedicated work on the films and the Movie Companion. Praying for peace and comfort for his family and that he is home in Aslan’s country.

• Chloe says:

Awww! This makes me really sad ):

• WillMo for_the_win says:

My deepest condolences to Mr. Perry Moore and his family. He really worked hard to make the Narnia franchise successful, especially LWW. Now I’m afraid of Narnia’s future as a film adaptation.

His death reminds me of Heath Ledger’s accidental death. πŸ™

Does anyone know if any of the actors were informed of his death?

• DominicLovesNarnia says:

Rest in Piece Perry Moore. I know you are now in Aslan’s Country. =(

• ajSilver X says:

What a terible loss for Narnia film-production team. My deepest condolences for the family of Perry Moore. May he rest in peace and may he be in(Aslan’s Country,)with God in heavens. This is a new beginning for the Narnia films team.

• Queen Helen says:

how sad ;( , well we know that he is truly happy now, though it is hard for friends and family (and all narnia fans) left behind to remember/exept. i will be praying for his family ;(

• Michiko says:

That sad news and I regret the death of the life of Perry moore great man and producer in the life of Narnia series, has left a mark on the film and pray for their families.

• Edmund-is-hot says:

R.I.P, Perry. You were an amazing man to help produce such amazing films. Whenever I see your name in the credits, I’ll think of you x

• sirsimon says:

Rest in peace, mr moore

but on a different topic, did the article mention The Magicians Newphew as the fourth film????!!!!?!!?!?!?

• Mayor Wilkins says:

It is hard to say what will happen now. πŸ™
      The sad aspect about this particular area of the news is it sounded like he was so very excited by the prospect of getting financing for the next film. The whole situation is a terrible tragedy.

• Mayor Wilkins says:

Perry Moore was clearly dedicated to his work on an extraordinary level.
    This is very sad news. My prayers are with his family and friends.

• TheValiantLucy says:

Oh my goodness! I will be praying for him and his family.

• TheGentleQueenOfNarnia says:

I will be praying for his family. Almightly God, please be with them.

• CEP Paul T says:

May God Himself provide peace and understanding to his family.

Until again we meet in Aslan’s Country.

• Kale&Bardon says:

thats so sad. I am i sitting stunned. Thats sad, Rest in peace Perry Moore

• skandargirl_95 says:

To you, Mr. Perry Moore, may you rest in peace.We will surely pray for you and regret the fact that you will no longer be part of the future of Narnia. May you be happy in Aslan’s country and have fun with Reepicheep while you’re there.

• zhangjisen says:

Wish you could arrive in Aslan’s country.

• sachin says:

May God Send Perry Moore In Heaven And In Aslan’s Country.MAY JESUS BLESS PERRY’S SOUL MAY JESUS BLESS HIM

• Anna says:

I’m so sorry, I will be praying for him and his family. May he rest in peace. A special prayer goes to him that he will be in Aslan’s country

• Peter the Magnificant says:

I’m really sad I feel bad for what has happened I hope God has blessewd him and he is looking down on us now smiling he I loved the narnia companians that he wrote. I mourn with the rest of my narnia webbers and I will keep his family in my prayers

• Peter's fan says:

Rest in peace, Mr. Moore, May Our Lord Jesus Christ be with you in Aslan’s Country.

• PeterCharn says:

Rest in peace. i loved your involvemet in the narnia franchise, and I loved your book Hero. It remains one of my personal favourites.

• Lilly says:

Wait, he died? Oh my gosh, that makes me sooooo sad ): I can’t believe he died.

• Narniamaniac says:

That is so sad to hear. The LWW companion book was so cool, and I distinctly remember opening it up for the first time and anxiously reading it. My prayers go out to his family in this difficult time.

• Maria says:

May he rest in peace. He’s with God now.

• stargirl says:

Such a tragic loss- my thoughts and prayers go to his family and loved ones at such a sad time. May he rest in peace.

• lovingEdmundthejust says:

May you rest in peace in the Lions country..
    thank you for producing such a wonderful movie…

• Casue says:

My prayers go out to his family.

• NARNIER says:

R.I.P. This is when this website becomes more about movie revenues and the latest news. This is way mor important.

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

My prayers are with the Moore family as they deal with this terrible loss.

• Eustace says:

My prayers go out to the Moore family.

• 2nd to One says:

I’m so sorry to hear this! My prayers will, indeed go out to the Moore family. How sad!

• narnian says:

peace

• Ari says:

WHAT?! NO! NONONONONO! HE COULDN’T HAVE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cries* May Aslan watch over him in His Country.

• Writergirl says:

so sad πŸ™

• Major says:

I pray that the Moore family finds peace within this time span. I also pray that Mr. Moore is in the care of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Heavenly Father, please allow those who will take on Mr. Moore’s job focus on pleasing you, and not themselves. Help them all Lord, in your son Jesus name we pray. Amen.

• C.S. Haviland says:

I met Perry a few years ago in New York City when he was promoting his novel Hero. We got to talking about the adaptation sequence (the Harper Collins "chronological" order which placed The Magician’s Nephew first vs the publication order which placed The Magician’s Nephew sixth). He said there was never any discussion about which order to adapt the movies, and snubbed Harper Collins’ chronological order. Most hard core fans want the books in the order in which they were published, placing The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe first. But it’s interesting that he chose to go after The Magician’s Nephew fourth, as The Silver Chair is the next in line by publication. Not that it matters as far as the stories are concerned, as The Magician’s Nephew is technically a prequel and could be inserted just about anywhere, but I wonder why he chose it next.

• flcwyzrd says:

Just for record not everyone it take medications such is oxycontin is an addict. You have to really abuse type of medications to die from it. And if you do abuse it you will die from it.

• fbfnarniagirl99 says:

in the name of the lions mane i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad i will cry tonight and pray to the great lion to help his family :(tear tear sigh wipe tear πŸ™