Production Company Announced for The Silver Chair

Posted October 1, 2013 10:18 am by Tirian

This morning the official Narnia Twitter and Facebook accounts announced that the Mark Gordon Company will produce the next the next Narnia movie: The Silver Chair.

From Twitter:

Twitter Post

From Facebook:

Facebook Post

Mark GordonNo release date has been set and there’s also no word whether Walden Media will be involved in this production. If Walden is not involved, it is likely that Silver Chair would not be released until 2018. That said, it’s not unrealistic to start planning for a new movie four years before the release date. This announcement may be an attempt to gauge fan interest in a fourth movie.

Mark Gordon is an American television and film producer and also the president of the Producers Guild of America. He has produced a number of films and tv shows including Saving Private Ryan, Speed, The Day After Tomorrow, 10,000 B.C., Grey’s Anatomy, and 2012. You can see his full list of credits at this Wikipedia page.

UPDATE: ComingSoon.net has posted a story about the announcement along with some quotes. Vincent Sieber, the LA based Director of The C.S. Lewis Company said: “We are very excited by this partnership and to be able to work on this movie from its earliest conception on such a collaborative basis. It gives us the opportunity to develop a script and then produce a film with some of the most talented industry professionals whilst remaining completely faithful to this much loved book.”

Mark Gordon stated, “Like many readers, both young and old, I am a huge fan of C.S. Lewis’s beautiful and allegorical world of Narnia. These fantasy stories inspire real-world passion among millions of devoted fans around the world. As we prepare to bring the next book to life, we are humbled and excited to contribute to the outstanding legacy of Narnia.”

• helen says:

I want to know who is going to play in the new movie I hope it is the same people that played in TH LION THE WICH AND THE WORDROBE

• OliviaLove says:

When and where can people audition for the silver chair? i have been waiting for this movie since i could read the book in 2004!! i will be 19/20 in 2018…so might be a bit too old for jill! but i have been waiting and waiting to audition for this movie no matter what part i would or wouldnt get! 🙂

• Mr. Ramandu to You says:

While I admit PC and VDT are nowhere near as good as LWW. They are IMO still pretty decent movies. Yes they stray from C.S. Lewis’s original stories more so than LWW. But the essence of what Narnia is about still there. I’d honestly rate the movies like this-
    LWW-A+
    PC-B+
    VDT- B-
    Say what you will abut VDT. Be it Altered characterizations that deviate from the book, or the added green mist, or story changes like having the 7 Lord swords needed together at Aslan’s table to stop the evil. It was still a visually stunning and action packed movie.
    Now having said all that, I truly hope that the next installment is more faithful and true to the books than the previous 2 movies have been. Will Poulter may be getting too old to play Eustace, (which could present a problem in future films), but on the bright side….All the cast from LWW will be the perfect age to play in The Horse and his boy..:D

• corinnarnia says:

OMG I’m so happy a new narnia movie.. that’s fantastic!:D I Love NARNIA SO MUCH!*-* .. and I love acting in my drama group, so I thought I will act Jill Pole in the new movie .. but where’s the cast? I live in Germany..

• who won love games season 1 says:

Toԁay, I ωent to thе bеаchfront
    with &X6D;y kids. I founԁ а seea ѕhe&X6c;land gawve it to &X6d;y 4
    year o&X6C;d daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." Ѕhe plaсed the she&X6c;l to &X68;eг eaг a&X6e;d sсreamed.
    Тheгe was a hermit crab insid&X65;
    anԁ it pi&X6e;с&X68;e&X64; her eаr.
    She nevеr wa&X6E;tѕ to go &X62;ack! LoL I
    &X6B;now this i&X73; cоm&X70;letе&X6c;y of&X66; toρic but I had
    to tel&X6c; somеone!

My webb blog :: <a href="http://www.sztainbok.com/gallery/v/commonwealthgames/cgopening/cgopening-baton/IMG_6907_01.jpg.html">who won love games season 1</a>

• app marketing services says:

I just like thee valuable information you provide for your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your weblog and check once more right here frequently.
    I am quite sure I’ll bee informed plenty of neew
    stuff proper right here! Beest of luck for thhe following!

• Lynette says:

In this game players try to protect their house
    and their brains of course, from hoards of crazy,
    cartoon zombies by planting rows of flowers and other plants that fight the zombies away.

Utilizing 3rd person over the shoulder game play that has become the
    standard for action-adventure games in today’s market,
    Uncharted 2 has a nearly perfect mix of fast paced
    action and complex puzzle solving. It’s arguable that this tower defense
    game popularized the genre thanks to its humor and variety
    of levels, zombies, and plants. I’d be a little hard-pressed to not include an Angry Birds game in here.
    The list includes games, productivity, and multimedia apps that truly
    extend the usability of your i – Pad.

Also visit my webpage – plants vs zombies 2 it’s about time pc download – <a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ReGd3-3DDlA">Lynette</a&gt;,

• Cebuana C.A. says:

Isn’t the actor who plays Eustace Scrubb around his 20s? And by the time this movie gets its release, it would look awkward to find that Jill and Eustace look like university students playing as middle school children. It’s weird.

I wish they had picked a much younger actor to have played Eustace (like how Georgie Henley appropriately played Lucy at 10) so that there would have been enough span of time to still play a believable elementary school child when they release ‘The Silver Chair’ (presumably) the following year.

This is dampening my hopes.

3 Trackbacks / Pingbacks for this entry