Pick the Name for the Lady of the Green Kirtle

Posted July 15, 2014 12:18 pm by Tirian

The Silver Chair MovieThe official Narnia website has opened up an amazing opportunity for fans to submit name ideas for The Lady of the Green Kirtle (view character profile). In The Silver Chair, the Lady is never named. The production team of Mark Gordon, David Magee, and Douglas Gresham will pick the winning name from the submitted entries.

Here is some background from the official entry page:

We are inviting Narnia lovers everywhere to take on a simple challenge – write a name for Lewis’ character that will be used in the forthcoming The Silver Chair movie. Being known only as The Lady of the Green Kirtle doesn’t make for easy dialog. We want to add a name for this character by which other characters can address her in the script. And, we’ve opened the door for anyone to submit a suggested name for this character.

Please visit https://www.narnia.com/us/sweepstakes to see the official rules and enter your pick.

If this is the type of fan engagement that we can expect from the Silver Chair production team we may be in for a real treat over the next few years.

How do you feel about The Lady of the Green Kirtle having a name in the movie? Go back to our homepage and VOTE! (bottom-right corner)

Thanks to ‘narniafan7’ for the tip.

• Laura says:

I think it’s silly to name her; but then, the movie will probably fail anyways 🙁 🙁 🙁 I don’t have any high hopes for this movie after Prince Caspian AND Dawn Treader were such flops.
    However, just for kicks, I submitted the name Miranda because it sounds right. It’s a pretty name, but it also sounds like it would fit the Lady. Maybe? Anyways, that’s what I did 🙂

• Aslan's #1 Fan says:

No offense, but if every fan had that attitude, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe would have failed. It was the best of the three. Sure be cautious, prepare for the worst but hope for the best. =D

• Nathan Melia says:

prince caspian was neither a financial or critical flop. Voyage broke even and was a critically hated movie. So really only one flop in the series so far.

• Sundoulos says:

I don’t suppose Myrtle of the Green Kirtle would work?

• Aslan's Heart says:

I said "Jadis" because there are hints in the book that she and the White Witch are possibly the same person, or at least related.

• Aslan's #1 Fan says:

Hmm . . . its an idea. If they hadn’t already ruined Jadis, I may think about it. BUT they HAVE sadly, so I don’t think that’s an option. I’d prefer someone new. 🙂

• Aslan's #1 Fan says:

But I liked the idea of her being a cousin or at least from Jadis’ world, Charn. Maybe she could even be Jadis’ long lost sister that was supposed to have died? But that could be going WAY to far. IDK.

• Anhun says:

No, she can’t be from Charn, because Jadis destroyed everyone else from Charn before Narnia was even created.

• Morgane says:

I submitted one I invented phonetically: Leldena.
    I can’t wait to read more about this movie! I’m a big 25-year-old-fan and I remain it! I’ve been waiting for this one a long time…

• shameer says:

She is the lady of green kirtle, so I reckon she must be named Jade.
    I hope you may consider about this.

• Tom says:

Hey what about Amara,
    I’m pretty sure it’ll suite her