‘The Voyage of the Dawn Treader’ Trailer is Here!

Posted June 17, 2010 1:00 am by fantasia_kitty

This is the moment we’ve been waiting for since Prince Caspian came out — the unveiling of the first trailer for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader! This film has had a tough journey from the book to the screen; for a while we didn’t even know if it would be made. The voyage isn’t over, but at long last the trailer has arrived in all its glory to tantalize Narnia fans around the world.

Click here to view the HD trailer at YouTube (official)

Click here to view the trailer at the official Facebook page!

Share your thoughts in the comments section below and in our forum.

See our Screen Caps for every shot in the trailer.

Fox has sent us a couple of fun little Aslan badges. If you like, you change your profile picture to let the world know you’ve seen the Dawn Treader Trailer.

…….

Opening shot in Cambridge with recruitment posters

Recruitment Officer: Are you sure you’re 18?

Edmund: Why, do I look older?

Lucy: Edmund, you’re supposed to be helping me with the groceries.

Other boys in line: [laughter] Good luck next time eh squirt?

Outside of the recruitment building Edmund and Lucy load up their groceries on a bicycle

Edmund: Squirt! I’m a king.

Lucy: Not in this world.

20th Century Fox Logo and the Walden Media Logo

In the Scrubb household, Edmund and Lucy study a painting of an ocean with a tiny ship sailing on it

Edmund: Lucy, have you seen this ship before

A closeup of the painting and the waves are starting to roll and on one side a tiny trickle of water forms

Lucy: It’s very Narnian looking isn’t it?

In the same bedroom, all of a sudden the painting starts gushing water into the room and Edmund, Lucy and Eustace look dumbfounded

Eustace: What’s going on here?

Lucy: Edmund the painting!

Eustace yells and pulls it off the wall. Edmund and Lucy try to help, but water is rapidly filling the bedroom. Lucy screams and falls and suddenly the room is completely underwater with furniture floating around. They swim upwards towards the surface and just as they reach it and gasp for air Lucy turns and sees the Dawn Treader sailing towards them.

Lucy: Edmund!

Caspian and Lucy are hoisted out of the water onto the ship. Lucy, now in Narnian clothes looks into a mirror and sees her reflection and Aslan looking back at her.

Lucy: Aslan.

Aslan: Welcome. You have come far, but your journey lies beyond.

A shot of the Dawn Treader sailing away from an island at sunset. A shot of a minotaur on board as well as a couple crew members in the background. A shot of Lucy and Edmund standing on deck wrapped in blankets.

Lucy: Reepicheep!

Reepicheep bows.

Reepicheep: Your majesties!

A shot of a mermaid swimming in the water next to the ship. She waves and Lucy waves back.

Edmund: So if there are no wars to fight, then why are we here?

Caspian walks through a door followed by Edmund and someone else. Edmund looks through a spyglass. A shot of an island surrounded by fog. A shot of Coriakin magically throwing a map across the floor.

Coriakin: You are all about to be tested.

A shot of Eustace peeking through something. Smoking tendrils surround the ship and head towards the crew members. One in particular heads towards Edmund.

White Witch: Edmund, I can make you my king.

A vision of the White Witch

White Witch: And much more.

Lucy blows across the cover of the Magician’s Book and the letters on the front of it arrange into The Book of Incantations. She opens it. She sees a reflection of herself on one page and then begins to transform into Susan.

Lucy: I’m beautiful.

Lucy hears a lion roar and jumps away from the book as pages quickly turn away from the page. Next shot is Lucy standing in the Magician’s room as snow is falling all around her. She gazes up in wonder.

Coriakin: You have an extraordinary destiny.

Reepicheep quickly climbs up the mast of the Dawn Treader where he reaches the crow’s nest and looks out smiling.

Coriakin: Something greater than you could have imagined.

Narrator: From C. S. Lewis’ epic masterpiece…

Shot of the crew aboard the Dawn Treader with Drinian at the helm. Shot of what is likely Narrowhaven. Shot of Lilliandil glowing beautifully.

Lilliandil: The fate of Narnia depends on you.

Narrator: This Christmas…

Edmund holds Rhindon in his hand. It’s glowing blue. Lilliandil turns back into a star and shoots into the heavens while Caspian, Edmund, and Lucy look on.

Narrator: Return to Hope

Shot of a faun doing a flip in Narrowhaven and kicking someone. Shot of Lucy aboard the Dawn Treader about to fire an arrow.

Narrator: Return to Magic

In the magician’s study, suddenly where he was once invisible, Coriakin turns around with a book in his hand. Shot changes to the Dufflepuds bouncing around on one foot with Eustace standing in the middle of them looking dumbfounded.

Chief Dufflepud: This place just gets weirder and weirder.

Narrator: Return to Narnia

Shot of Caspian, Edmund, Lucy, Eustace, and Reepicheep paddling a rowboat through the sea of lilies. Shot of Aslan standing on dry ground next to Caspian, Edmund, Eustace, Lucy, and Reepicheep while holding back a wave.

Aslan: You have returned for a reason. Your adventure begins now.

Shot of Peter. Shot of Susan. Shot of Lucy. Shot of Edmund. Aslan standing on the shore roars.

End credits. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader form out of spiked rocks and then turn into the well known logo with the Dawn treader seen sailing in the background between snowy mountains. Christmas. 3D.

Narrator: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Directed by Michael Apted. This December in Digital 3D.

Visit the ForumHave a comment or want to chime in on this news story? Check out the NarniaWeb Forum for some fantastic discussion. Just click here to post your comments. We look forward to seeing you on the forum! Here’s a quick preview of the forum discussion:

No Items Available

Unfortunately there appears to be no news items on the page you have requested logged here

• Ana says:

It’s very nice, but I DO wish they’d just stick to the books. These are great movies, but they to me they are just variations on Narnia. I would LOVE to watch really good movie’s of the books!

• Diamond Wolf says:

Okay, I was afraid the story had gotten reallly altered but now see its just a few characters–Edmund–who change it a little. But that whole dialogue thing with Aslan is a bit cheesy for my taste. Cliche. Man, oh, man. not even in the story! Yeah, let’s hope the soundtrack’s better than PC. Thikn Swear that was a recycled one from LWW and was very disappointed

• Chris says:

What about Eustace? I will be quite sore if they sacrifice his story for yet more temptations from Tilda that they’ve written in simply because she made a good White Witch in the first movie. Eustace and Reepicheep are at the heart of the book, and I hope for their sakes they’ve made room for them. Edmund’s had his bildungsroman already.

• I_LiVe_iN_NarNia:P says:

Does anyone know what it says on the front of the magic book that Lucy read? It’s really been bugging me :/ It looks kinda like ‘The Book of Incantations’, but not all the letters are there I don’t think. xx

• just jill says:

I LOVE this. whoo vdt

• Coalesce says:

Wow! I saw Toy Story 3 3D yesterday and the VDT trailer was amazing! I don’t think that we need to worry about the quality of the 3D! When Lucy was reading out of the "Book of Incantations" and the snow was falling around her, it looked so real that I reached out to see if I could catch the snowflakes!

• tmc4narnia says:

I just saw the trailer with eclipse, wasn’t really expecting it, but it was a nice surprise

• atul ittimani says:

i think the trailer looks great
    it was similar to the lww trailer but more magical
    so far i think fox is doing a great job
    the only thing that upseted me was dark island and the waterfall at the end

• sammy says:

the trailer looks awsome, although does anyone know if they will make another trailer to maybe show more parts of the film which haven’t been completed yet?

• FrecklefaceJill says:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• aravis tarkeena says:

Okay! I have decided that Narniaweb has the most critical reviews of Narnia more than any site. Yes, I know we’re fans, it’s our job to pick it a part,but every other site has better reviews than we do.

• Bookwyrm says:

Last time I checked we weren’t in a competition to see who could suck up to Fox/Walden the most.

• sammy says:

i am going 2 c twilight eclipse 2moz and i hope the trailer is shown, would love 2 c the trailer on the big screen

• Danbuster says:

Could the White Witch part be some vague reference to the Dark Island of Worst Nightmares?
    I sure do hope they stay faithful to the book, still – there was no reference to Eustace’s adventure or the seven missing lords. :/

• Gus says:

As much as I hate to say it, the old school BBC versions of the Narnia movies are much better than the newer ones that they’ve come out with. The costumes were cheesy, the acting was so-so, and the visual effects were ludicrously simple. But they were actually true to the Narnia books. When I was growing up, they still captured the magic that the books contained.
    The new movies are visually beautiful (mostly) but they get everything wrong. I’m not necessarily talking about small details like hair color (although that’s there too.) But when they practically write Aslan out of the first movie it upsets me. The children had one prophesy about them, Aslan had several. But somehow he became a subnote for the saving of Narnia, and the children became the focus.
    Prince Caspian got virtually everything wrong about the plot of the movie, Caspian’s motivation, etc. And what they didn’t get wrong plotwise, had a completely different flavor than what the book portrayed.
    For me, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is sacred. I can only hope that the low level graphics that we are seeing is simply a product of the still distant release date. But much more important to me is that they can get the story right, with all of the elements put into their proper context. I can forgive the preview for presenting the story as being disjointed; the novel itself is written with one chapter having little in common with previous ones. It’s hardly a continuous story. But if Aslan isn’t at the end of the movie telling the kids to learn his other name, I think I’ll rip somebody’s head off.
    I don’t want to see still somebody else’s far fetched interpretation of how the books are meant to be taken. The way they are written is perfect for me.

• April says:

wow i cant wait to watch the movie i will be interesting

• NyaNya says:

I wonder If Harry G. Williams will make the music for this movie as well.

2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks for this entry