International Trailer for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Posted October 7, 2010 8:29 am by wisewoman

FilmWeb has posted the second trailer for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It appears the official title for this trailer is “International Trailer.” It runs two minutes and fifteen seconds, with subtitles in Polish. Check it out here! The trailer itself will reveal a lot of plot changes from the book, so if you’re avoiding spoilers, you may want to avoid this trailer. If you choose to watch it, join the discussion.

UPDATE: It’s on YouTube! View it here, or download it using this link (720p).

UPDATE: The english version is up…

UPDATE: View our screen captures below (new shots only)…

Transcript:

Lucy and Edmund walk into the Scrubb’s house. Harold is reading the paper.
Lucy: We’re home!

Lucy and Edmund are in Lucy’s bedroom. Lucy’s looking into a mirror.
Edmund: Lucy, have you seen this ship before?
Lucy: It’s very Narnian isn’t it?
Eustace walks into the room.
Eustace: What’s going on here?
Lucy: Edmund the painting!
Eustace runs to tear the painting from the wall.
Edmund: No Eustace no!

The bedroom fills with water and all three swim to the surface. As Lucy arrives at the top, she sees the Dawn Treader approaching.
Lucy: Edmund!
Caspian and Lucy are pulled from the water.
Everyone now aboard the deck, Caspian addresses his crew.
Caspian: Behold our castaways, King and Queen of Narnia.
The crew kneels before them.
Lucy: Reepicheep!
Reepicheep: Your majesties!

Eustace throwing a temper tantrum screams at the crew as they stand around smirking.
Eustace: Where in the blazes am I?
Tavros the Minotaur: You’re on the Dawn Treader.
Eustace takes one look at the minotaur and faints. The crew laughs.
Tavros to Rynelf: Was it something I said?

FROM C.S. LEWIS’S EPIC MASTERPIECE

Caspian, Lucy, Edmund, Eustace, and Reepicheep sail through the sea of lilies where they arrive on the shore before the edge of the world. A giant wave is in the background as they greet Aslan.
Lucy: Aslan.
Aslan: You have come far. Your adventure begins now.

A water nymph leaps out of the water in front of the ship.

Caspian, Edmund, and Lucy look up into the sky as a brilliant blue light descends upon them.
Lucy: Look!
The light transforms into Lilliandril.
Lilliandril: Travelers of Narnia, I am your guide.
Caspian: You are most beautiful.
Lilliandril: If it is a distraction for you, I-I can change forms.
Caspian and Edmund: No!
Caspian and Edmund look at each other. Lucy looks at them and rolls her eyes.

Coriakin throws a map across the room in his library.
Coriakin: There is the source of your trouble.
The white witch appears as a phantom in green smoke.
Edmund: You mean a witch?
Coriakin walks around looking at Edmund.
Coriakin: Something far more powerful than a witch.
Green smoke crawls down the stairs and seeps into the room.
Coriakin: It can steal the light from this world.
Lucy: How do we stop it?
Coriakin points at Edmund.
Coriakin: That sword you carry must be laid at Aslan’s table.
Shot of Edmund drawing a sword in a cave.
Shot of everyone walking around Aslan’s table. A great feast sits on it.
Coriakin: Only then can their true power be released.
Seven swords sit on Aslan’s table. They glow blue and then a great beam of light shoots up into the air.
Coriakin: You are all about to be tested.

The Dawn Treader approaches the Dark Island.
Green smoke crawls onto the ship.
The White Witch: Edmund, come with me. I can make you my king, and much more.
The White Witch reaches out to Edmund.
The White Witch: My King.
Lucy: NOO!!!
Caspian: EDMUND!
The sword Edmund is holding glows blue.

Reepicheep soaking wet in a rainstorm clings to the ship.
Reepicheep: Onward to our destiny!

Drinian, Tavros, and Edmund stand at the helm of the Dawn Treader.
Tavros: What do you think is in there?
Sailors row boats towards Ramandu’s Island.
Someone (Drinian or Rynelf?): Things you can barely imagine.

Lucy walks through a doorway and as it closes becomes invisible on the island.

Shot of the Dawn Treader from above with Drinian at the helm and the crew standing around.

Shot of Lilliandril.
Lilliandril: The fate of Narnia depends on you.
Lilliandril turns back into a star and shoots up into the air.

Lucy looks down at a book with a bunch of jumbled letters. Blowing the dust off, it turns into The Book of Incantations. Lucy smiles. The book is opened and pages are turning rapidly. Lucy slams her hand down on the book. The next moment it is snowing and Lucy looks around smiling.

Dragon Eustace flies overhead.

Caspian addressing the crew. The crew shouts “For Narnia!”

Caspian and the others battle the slavers in the bell tower.

Dragon Eustace flies over the volcanic island below.

The sea serpent erupts out of the ocean. The Dawn Treader lists to one side and the crew falls backwards. The sea serpent roars. Lucy aims an arrow.

Dragon Eustace flies over the Dawn Treader. One of the fauns does a somersault across the deck.

Eustace is surrounded by jumping Dufflepuds.

Reepicheep climbs the mast of the Dawn Treader and looks out from the crows nest and smiles.

Lucy, surrounded by Caspian, Edmund, Eustace and Aslan, kneels down to say goodbye to Reepicheep.

The sea serpent goes to attack Eustace as a dragon, and Eustace breaths fire back at the sea serpent.

Aslan roars.

Final credits.

Thanks adamie for the alert!

PlayPlay

• Narnian Meerkat says:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! That looks sooooooo COOL!!!!!!! CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, my gosh. . . . .I REALLY liked how they put the old, very first, Narnia trailer music in their. . .brings back SO many memories. . . . .I just LOVE how Edmund is tempted to join the White Witch. . .Though I do admit the White Whitch thing is REALLY getting annoying. . . Oh well, It’s still really cool!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• Emperor Justinian says:

A mediocre trailer, but it’s good to hear the old music from the LWW trailers. Good Lord, that brings back some memories.

• Narnian Meerkat says:

EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! LOOOOOOOOVE IIIIIIT!!!!! I love how Edmund is tempted by the White Witch! And how Caspian and Ed both like Lillindil! Like Euestace as a dragon. . .He looks nice and simple. . .just how I wanted it to be. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• Aslanisthebest says:

So…for me, this trailer is 20% nice and 80% sad. It would be an interesting movie if it were not just changing the heart and core of the book. We can count on you, Michael Apted! …. ๐Ÿ˜
    Well, I guess I’d just better wait for December 10.

• Northernranger says:

YYEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! This one is is much better then the other ones!! I love it. Can’t wait till December!!! Keep the story of Aslan alive!

Eustace is amazing! Will Poulter is truly an excellent actor

• Maenad says:

Interesting. It seems they’ve taken the metaphorical struggle against temptation and brought it into the literal realm to be represented by the force "threatening to steal light from this world" and the quest to place the swords. I like when characters have clear obstacles to struggle against. It won’t be exactly the book, but I think it could work well.

And if you’re a girl who’s spent any time around teenage boys…Edmund and Caspian’s reactions are spot on! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Susan the Gentel says:

This trailer is far better than the previous two! No I am not a fan of the whole 7 swords thing, it is extremely cheesy. But the CGI is so much better then i thought it would be, Aslan and Ustice as a dragon look great.
    When i first saw Ramus daughter i didn’t know what to think but she is definitely growing on me, and Reepicheep is as good as ever! My favorite part is Lucy when it’s snowing it always gives me chills.
    Lastly i love how they used the music from LWW it just seems to tie the books together.
    We have hope! Sail on Dawn Treader!

• Lord of Cair Paravel says:

Loved the nostalgic music!! Whoo!

• CaspianX says:

YEAH! AMAZING! SAIL ON VDT!

• THYSERVANT says:

No matter what they’ve changed, Aslan is still on the move. That’s the most comforting.

• narniannnn. says:

WOW.
    this looks incredible!
    the plots changes are obvious, but so far they look great!
    i loved edmund and caspian both saying ‘no..’ at the same time to lilandil.
    eustace seems perfect, thats exactly how i imagined his little temper tantrums, and his fainting was hilarious!
    i like the fact edmunds role seems intensified to what it was in the book, he deserves it.
    all the effects look great, im really excited!
    i cant get over how much lucy has grown up, she’s very beautiful.
    all in all, VDT looks fantastic!

• Narnian_Archer says:

My impressions:
    1. Wow, the CG graphics are a lot better in this trailer.
    2. Eustace is awesome
    3. Hmmm…the minotaur looks kind of like a toy…but ok
    4. WHAT HAPPENED TO ASLAN????? He’s twice as small as he is supposed to be!! In PC he’s Lucy’s height, and every book he’s supposed to grow bigger:
    "In describing the scene Lucy said afterwards, "He was the size of an elephant," though at another time she only said, "The size of a cart-horse." (VDT)
    5. "You are most beautiful!"
    "If…If this distracts you from your mission…I-I can change form"
    Ok…that was an awkward line–not good at all.
    6. Oh, no, there they go about the 7 swords and 7 lords again.
    Basically, I am pleased with the action, with the effects, and the acting. I am not at all pleased with the changes. I don’t like them at all. I can only hope for the best…but expect the worst.

I don’t like the whole "dark magic" theme of this trailer, but that’s okay because it’s just a trailer. The CGI is a little better, and I guess it’ll be adequate in the movie. And of course I don’t like all the changes they’ve made, but I was prepared for them. So…

I guess it’ll be all right. But I want to see more! There’s so much they DIDN’T show, like parts at Narrowhaven, more of the Dufflepuds, and Goldwater Island. So I’m really reserving judgment until I can see more. Can’t wait for the movie! ๐Ÿ™‚

Okay, so I watched the trailer again by myself this morning…and now I’m really excited. ๐Ÿ™‚ Even if there are some major annoying changes, there will still be good parts. Maybe it was the trailer music that got me excited. I love "Here Comes the King"–it sounds so epic. ๐Ÿ™‚ Can’t wait to hear some of Arnold’s music from the movie.

• Crypted98 says:

Wow! I think WM did a much better job on this trailer as opposed to their last one. I liked seeing Eustace as a dragon and seeing the sea serpant!

• Reep14 says:

i got chills when it showed the Dawn Treader

• Annabeth says:

*squeals with delight* I am SOOOOOO excited! This is so cool! although I felt like puking when I saw the white witch….
    Eustace looks HALARIOUS! Lucy looks really grown up, which kind of surprised me, because I thought she looked about the same in the other trailer. And as for Caspian…..what is with the beard thing-y?! Could his hair get any longer OR greasier? It looks like he hasn’t taken a shower since the last film! LOL, all the same, I’m still really excited! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Can’t wait for the Dec. 10th!!!!!

• Yellow Peril says:

A great improvement from the last trailer so I am much happier. I like the LWW trailer music, but recycling it for VDT seems like another attempt to go back to LWW (think of the new poster).

• Thyservant says:

LWW, Betrayal & Redemption & Resurrection; PC, By Flesh & By Faith; VDT, Temptation & Sanctification; SC, Rebellion & Submission; MN, Creation & the Fall; HHB, Watching & Disciplining; LB, Judgement and Eternity. If every Narnia film can hold on to the theme of its book, I really don’t mind those plot changings. They can make Narnia films live on such unique theological ideas; they will survive and so will the series. High hope for VDT to sail well in the cinema, in the boxoffice and in the heart and soul of those who see.

• Rolacola says:

Why hasn’t anyone mentioned the really lame effects with the ‘book on incantation’ ? They didn’t use the effect on the second trailer which I was pleased with but it looks like they’ve made it look ever worse AGAIN.
    I actually hate the people who have marketed this movie, they seem to be completely spoiling the whole feel of the previous movies.
    Also, why hasn’t anyone mentioned that they’ve used the ‘Return of the King’ from the LWW trailer?
    I hope they really didn’t do it to get the audience who liked LWW back. I expected to have at least a little bit of David Arnolds soundtrack on the trailer. BUT NO.

Is it fox or Walden Media who’re marketing this movie?
    Because I want to write a very angry letter to them, and advise them to hire me so I can make decisions for the next movie, unless they just want to completely spoil this franchise.

*crawls back into hole*

• georgiefan1 says:

A-MA-ZING!!!!!!!!!

• : )Narnia says:

This trailer is much better than the first one in my opinion. I think the visual are much clearer and well made. Good job on all the water effects!

• WarriorOfNarnia says:

I completely concur. Great trailer. The sea serpent and DragonEustace aren’t how I imagined them though. ๐Ÿ™

• Komali says:

GOOD

• Duffleglum says:

you mean BEST!!

By far the most reassuring trailer of how good the movie shall be… I NOW am officially hyped!

• LazH says:

haha 00:30-00:33- the guy with the curly hair is the one who didn’t look like he appreciated me filming him from behind the barrier when I went to the set! Hey, anyone who cares (in the credits) look out for either a telmarine called herman or an actor who plays one of the telmarine crew called herman because I spoke to him and he is the WEIRDEST guy ever.

What does he look like? Poor guy, I hope he isn’t reading this!

• sailor says:

He may well be. Certainly people who know him are. He played one of the crew of the DT,
        as such he is a background actor (Extra) although I would argue all the crew are "Featured extras" ..as such unlikely to get a credit. Please remember you are talking about real people and they DO read Narniaweb and narniafans sites

• LazH says:

well, I doubt he would be offended if he was reading this. He seemed to act a certain way on purpose around the fans- trust me, he was like the opposite of the other guy- he LOVED the attention. He even moved a little table out and sat and ate near the fence away from the extras tent where the other telmarines were and just ate by himself. Then he was passing bags of nuts through the fence, etc. I mean weird in a good way. He was very entertaining.

• LazH says:

Oh, and Starily- he’s an older guy, has dark hair and a goatie-beard type thing. I think he may have been wearing a hat at some point but I don’t know if they all wear hats at certain times or not.

• silent warrior Trinity-hawkeye291 says:

i like the transcript but i don’t understand the trailer…English please? i don’t mean to be rude…..sorry?

• [ForNarniaAndForAslan] says:

Advice for all who complained about the posters… WATCH THE PREVIEW AND FORGET THE POSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’ll brighten your outlook on the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!

• Cynical Narnia Fanboy says:

Yeah, it’s going to be great!!
      I see a bit of the original illustrations in DragonEustace, and the seaserpent is AMAZING! Just like I imagined it

• StephanieTheFaithful says:

I take back everything I said last week……

• atsahS says:

well this is the opposite of encouraging

• Lyle says:

WOW!!! Now, this is a trailer! I am finally excited! Love the sea serpent/Eustace fight ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Lirimaer_senshi says:

Ok, now I’m truly exited about this movie. The only thing that makes me concerned is the whole seven swords thing.

• Not Of This World says:

It dosen’t concern me nearly enough as before i saw the trailer.

• pickle says:

That’s exactly what I was thinking. There’s nothing remotely like that in the book. I’m a little bit worried, but the trailer was altogether EPIC. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Ted C says:

Wow. I think they took my favorite book and made it into what looks like a fantastic movie.

• Music From The Heart says:

BAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I have never been so excited watching a trailer, in my life. This is epic. And I am stoked. The visuals are amazing, and I feel so much better about the score as well. I love Eustace’s reaction to the minotaur….that is hysterical! ๐Ÿ™‚
    My only concern is how much they derived from the original storyline, but hopefully it won’t be as overwhelming when you watch the entire movie in its finality. Kudos to the producer of this commercial, it was a success!

• SavedByGrace says:

My thought exactly!! I was watching the trailer and thinking how cool it will look in 3D :D. While I wish they had stayed closer to the book, I am sure it will be an epic movie and hope it will be a great success.

• Fire Fairy says:

Okay, I am way excited now!! I’m still concerned about the white witch and the whole "darkness" thing, but seeing the trailer almost makes me forget about it altogether! I just had to send it to all of my friends…. This trailer is ten, no, twenty times better than the first!!! For Narnia and for Aslan!!!!!

• Reepicheep says:

This trailer is truly the best of them all. It’s time other Narnia fans stopped being skeptical for nitty-gritty things like Eustace stealing oranges rather than water and embrace the film for how amazing it will be!

• Puddleglum says:

My good mouse. There is no question that the trailer is exellent. But for purists, there is still the worry of just how far from the original story the movie drifts. Little things are forgivable,(water, or oranges), but I must admit to some trepidation about how much this "sword quest" will overshadow the rest of the story.

• Bookwyrm says:

I’ve yet to see anyone throw a hissy fit over the oranges. If they’re that anal, they need help. And as for it being "amazing", I’ve yet to see anything even close to the word.

• Puddleglum says:

Please, refrane from the references to human anatomy.

• Bookwyrm says:

You don’t know what anal retentive means?

• Puddleglum says:

Indeed I unfortunatly do.
        More unfortunate is it’s continued use in the english language. I know that slang is almost un-avoidable, and rude talk is becoming more common, but that does not excuse such a crude reference.

• Laura Elizabeth says:

I’m afriad we’re talking about bigger things than Eustace stealing oranges instead of water (WHAT! HOW COULD THEY? LOL). We’re talking about changes to the spirit AND storyline of it. Why can’t they just keep to the point? It’s not supposed to be anything about saving Narnia (much less the world), it’s not supposed to be anything about soul eating darkness, epic battles, or finding your true self. It’s supposed to be about adventure, mostly, and, as GlumPuddle (I think that’s who it was) said, ‘longing for one’s true home’. It’s just turning out to be cliched, derivative of LotR to a great extent (Ramandu’s Daughter looks like a younger version of Galadriel to me), and just ‘much ado about nothing’, in my opinion. And I think we who love the story for what it is (not for the special effects that can be put into it, or the silly Hollywood stuff that they can’t make a movie without), have a bit of a right to be upset and to complain. Even if it does no good.

• Puddleglum says:

Here, Here!

Well said! To the point exactly!

• Wunderkind4HIM says:

Ugh, when can I stop crying!!!

• Puddlewiggle says:

Why? Why do they have to change it so much? I do not comprehend!

I shall live until December according to the marshwigglian principle of ‘expect the worst, and you’ll never be disappointed’. *Sigh*

• tolkienlewisfan says:

They changed it because the book had no plot. At all. Going to find the seven Lords is not a plot because there is nothing at stake if they don’t find them, there is no importance at all to finding them. I love the first half of the book because we have a good character arc that belongs to Eustace…after that is done, the second half has very little interesting happening. Its overall a fantastic book but it is like a tour of the Narnian Sea rather than a story. These changes are going to make the screen version for the better. I mean what would be the pont of seeing it if every exact detail was the same? All the audience who hadn’t read the books would be asleep, the walking out and telling everyone they know not to see it…then we would lose the Silver Chair and Last Battle. The only people a perfect adaption would appeal to is the Narnia droolers (Narnia is their Bible) and it would even drive me away…and I love the books. But atleast you won’t be suprised by the changes when the film coes out. Well that’s my two cents anyway

• StevoBaggins says:

I am now officially worried. What’s with this "much more powerful than a witch" and "The sword must be laid on Aslan’s table" and "I am your guide"? There’s nothing like that in the book. I’m afraid that if they go too far from the book, as they did with Prince Caspian and they appear to be doing with this, it will flop in the box office and they won’t adapt the rest of the series. Please, no! Adapt the book! No extra plot lines! The changes are one reason Prince Caspian didn’t do so well. I seriously hope it isn’t as far from the book as it looks.

• StevoBaggins says:

(although I do agree with some previous posters and can deal with minor plot changes…it’s just when they add a whole extra quest that shouldn’t be there, where I get worried)

• Aunt Letty says:

So many of you are thrilled with the trailer, that I have to say that the creative team must know what they’re doing. Like it or not, the goal IS to make a lot of money off this movie. Even many of the narniawebbers were saying that just that a few months ago; hoping DT would make big box-office numbers so that the whole series would be filmed.

It’s looking more and more like this film ought to have a title of it’s own, to distinguish it from the book.

Luckily, my favoritest of the seven books, H&B, is probably the most liable to a straightforward film translation.

Well, OK, my REAL favorite is LB. But I just don’t want to even contemplate what might happen to that one in the hands of Movieland people.

Really, I think the movie creatives do better with sort of "shallow" books that they can add a bit of depth to, rather than trying to leave their buoy-markers in the deeper waters. The effect tends mostly to be just silly. Or maybe it’s just that they leave their serious brains at home when they go to work on a "family" film?

• alto58 says:

PLOT CHANGES = FAIL Adding the witch, really? I guess a story of self-discovery, temptation, and grace with heroic characters isn’t enough for the hyper 3D generation. if they cut Eustice as the dragon or Aslan taking off his skin… >;( *already crying for Reepicheep in his little boat*

• Paurian says:

I so agree with you, alto58. The point CS Lewis wanted to drive home about the sea serpent (Leviathan) is completely lost by keeping Eustice in dragon form. It was through humility, by listening to Reepicheep’s advice and NOT fighting the Leviathan, that their ship was spared. It’s also important to show Aslan converting Eustice back into human form. He had a soft heart that was buried in hardened (spoiled) experiences. By shaving off his hard exterior through Aslan’s painful clawing, CS Lewis revealed several aspects of humanity. Shame the filmmakers couldn’t see the depth and richness in all this! ๐Ÿ™

• Puddleglum says:

While I agree with most of what was said, I am not so sure that we will not see Aslan removing Eustace’s dragon form. But it does look like the filmmaker’s are using the serpent as a way for him to "earn" it.
        Sadly

• wolfloversk says:

Just bas a note, I’m pretty sure Lilliandil says, "I can change form," not "I can change forms."

• kittengirl says:

This preview is great!

• QueenLucy12 says:

AWESOME AMAZING WONDERFUL CANT WAIT!

(Go Team Gale!! and a little team peeta. im right now more of gales but abit on team peeta! ya….. ๐Ÿ˜€ )

• Alambil says:

I just wish they wouldn’t try to make Edmund look like he’s giving in to the Witch’s temptation…. wasn’t he the ONLY ONE in PC that was able to get rid of her?? They’re making his character seem weaker and less than what he really is. =(

• Timo says:

Edmund’s a big boy, I’m sure he’ll do fine in the movie, they won’t make him weaker and less what he really is.. Even the strongest people have weak moments..

• BBC NOW says:

What gets me on this is that it’s the SAME OLD STORY as PC. And I quot from PC; WW talking to Caspian "One drop of Adams blood and I’m your *my king*." Sound like something in the trailer?

• annapoplewell says:

that was waaaaaaaaaaaay better, but I hope they don’t make edmund fight with caspian about lilliandil….like peter wwas fighting with caspian in PC…..i hope edmund remains the changed, true, sweet, straightforward boy we say in the other movies

• Telcontargirl says:

AWESOME… I can hardly wait.

• Braden Woodburn says:

WOW! Dunno if I already commented but, mise well go ahead either way! This trailer, so far, has been the best out of the last 2 trailers I have seen! So much more action and more additional scenes shown really blew my mind. Especially seeing the White Witch as a phantom and then seeing more of her in Edmund’s nightmare! It still has that funny moments being shown which although it is rather a serious adventurous movie, it still has it’s moments of smile and laughter! Maybe it is just me but I feel this movie will most likely be a big hit! Actually, I feel it will be better than Prince Caspian.. who knows, maybe it could top The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe? =P Haha. Either way, I feel it should do well enough to bring on the next film, "The Silver Chair" baby! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Laura Elizabeth says:

Sigh… It’s not SUPPOSED to be a SERIOUS adventure story. The only really kind of serious part in it is Deathwater and the Sea Serpant. The rest is just, well, adventure. Why must everything be dark and serious and gloomy, so that lightness has to be ADDED in? Why can’t it just be the story C. S. Lewis made?
      I also can’t believe so many people who were upset about the changes can so completely change their minds after seeing a trailer with a bunch of special effects and flat actors (Ben Barnes, anyone?). *stops ranting*

• Queen Susan the Gentle says:

Ok, I have changed my mind. THIS LOOKS AWESOME! The whole ‘White Witch’ thing kind of bugs me, but I think it’ll be a good movie, even if it’s nothing like the book. I CAN’T WAIT FOR DECEMBER! But I guess I’ll just have to. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Queen Elizabeth says:

Ok I take back anything I said about this movie previously. I give you one word – EPIC

• Skandarlove says:

WOW! i love it, searisly ๐Ÿ™‚

• Werner Ridgeback says:

This is so much better than the first one! Now I "want" to see it!

• DOECOG says:

First thoughts watching the trailer were this looks like this will be an awesome movie and where are they getting all these plot points from. If I hadnโ€™t read the book and didnโ€™t know what is supposed to happen I would have no problem with the trailer and think everything looks amazing. But since I have read the books there were a few think that have me slightly concerned (not that Iโ€™m not still pumped for the film). Most of it is just little annoyance. The only thing I really concerned about is this source of your troubles part and how they keep showing the White Witch. How many times does that woman have to die? Also, Iโ€™m afraid they may try to bring in the Lady of the Green Kirtle into this film. But Iโ€™m still really thrilled the film is almost here.

• Carl says:

awesome!!…I don’t care if some parts of the movie were not on the book….the most important to ME! is that I will see the third movie…the best!…exciting!! I’m sure it will be a very great movie!

• DOECOG says:

WHRE IS THE LINK FOR THE DOWNLOAD?????

• Nethandir says:

This latest trailer for Voyage of the Dawn Treader has really boosted my excitement to see the final product when it comes out in December. I’ve been following along on NarniaWeb for some time now and I’ve seen both the positive and negative aspects that people have been commenting about.

One thing that I always try to remember is that no movie can be exactly like a book…and I would never want them to try. It’s a lot like tuning an instrument. When you’re really out of tune, it doesn’t sound great, but it doesn’t sound absolutely horrible either. As you get closer to being in tune, the note sounds worse and worse. It’s only when you are perfectly in tune that the note sounds perfect. The same holds true with people’s impression of movies, except that with movies, you have the added difficulty of hundreds of different ideas of what things should look like or how they should play out. I don’t think Voyage of the Dawn Treader or any other movie is going to live up to everyone’s expectations…that’s a pretty impossible order to fill.

As for this trailer specifically, I actually am excited to see where the film-makers are planning to take this one. I like that they’ve given us the chance to see into the hearts and minds of our main characters (especially Lucy and Edmund). Coriakin’s comment about something evil that was more powerful than a witch does not necessarily equate to an individual. To me, it seems as if he is referring to the fact that the Darkness (or whatever it will be referred to) is a very powerful and dangerous enemy that preys upon the deepest, darkest fears and dreams of every individual who encounters it. Think about it…what was Edmund’s darkest hour? He even tells Eustace in the book that Eustace was nowhere as bad as he was. Edmund was a traitor. Wouldn’t that come back to haunt him?

I always thought it made Peter seem more real in Prince Caspian to see him getting frustrated about the fact that he was once High King of Narnia and now must contend with being a British schoolboy in war-torn London. Not exactly his first choice, I can assure you. Edmund is starting to get to the same point, I would think. Peter is away studying and Susan is in America, which leaves Edmund as the oldest and, with the war still going on, he feels like he could be doing more…should be doing more. Afterall, he was a King of Narnia and he has the experience. I don’t know, it just makes him seem more human to me.

As for the appearance of the other two Pevensies (Peter and Susan), I read somewhere that it was supposed to be part of a sequence that is kinda like the part in Prince Caspian where Lucy walks through the woods to find Aslan, only to realize that it wasn’t real (she was sleeping). The events are taking place in her head (or in some sort of vision), which I think will only serve to add a little depth to her character.

• Laura Elizabeth says:

We aren’t asking them to make it exactly like the book… but we also don’t want it to be nothing like the book, with a few of the same names and places inserted to hype fans of the book. I liked LWW fine, even though they did change some things, because the storyline was intact. PC was a disaster, and this looks like it will be even worse. For all of ya’ll who were saying how upset ya’ll were about the changes, and now changing your minds, you’ll just encourage the filmmakers to go on doing it to the other movies they make. Instead, we should harp on it, and harp on it, until they realize we’re serious… but I suppose the damage has been done, and it’s too late anyways. But I’ll NEVER say I like the big changes they’ve made…

• Nethandir says:

I certainly agree with Laura Elizabeth that we don’t want to see a movie that is the Voyage of the Dawn Treader in name only. There should always be a certain amount of accountability to the original story contained in the book, be it the text or the intent behind the text. I am definitely not advocating that filmmakers should just give up on trying to remain true to the book. We have to remember that there are times when things that can be conveyed in a sentence in the book that take five to ten minutes to convey onscreen.

I don’t necessarily agree with all of the changes that the filmmakers might choose to make, but I understand that everyone has their own vision of what the film-version of the story *should* look like. Not everyone interprets the story in the same way. If they did, what would be the point of writing it? People would read it once and be done with it.

The three or four examples I cited in my last post are indicative of that. They show how the filmmakers have taken some license to make the characters human and relate-able to the audience. I don’t honestly think that I could believe in a young man (Peter or Edmund) having lived a life as a King of Narnia and then returning to war-torn England without being just a little frustrated, especially if he was promised that he would return to Narnia someday.

What it comes down to is that I have chosen to reserve my final judgment for when I actually see the movie in its entirety. I recommend that others do the same, but I respect anyone’s decision regardless. All I know is that movie trailers are designed to bring in an audience, which means that the Voyage of the Dawn Treader trailers are probably targeted to people who are not already die-hard fans of the Chronicles of Narnia. They need to include things that will draw people in and make them want to see the movie when it comes out. Not all of it will necessarily be in the movie and not all of what is in the movie will be conveyed in the trailer.

• Alambil and Tarvis says:

I really like your comment about Coriakin and the "Darkness" here. It makes sense. Since Apted (and I believe Gresham) did say that the film deals a lot with the theme of temptation, I’m inclined to think that the evil of the Dark Island has something to do with this.

The Darkness on the island in the book seems comparable to Conrad’s use of the Carl Jung’s darkness/shadow metaphor/archetype in his book, appropriately named ‘Heart of Darkness’ (off which the movie ‘Apocalypse Now’ was based). It represents the deepest, most primitive and most hidden part of the human psyche–our carnal desires, our raw fears, the facets of our personal characters that we find most disturbing and would rather ignore. At the end of Conrad’s book (WARNING: THIS IS A MAJOR SPOILER FOR ‘HEART OF DARKNESS’), one of the main characters is eventually "consumed" by his own darkness because he allows his fears, irrational/immoral passions, etc. to completely control his life.

We can definitely see how there is a similar danger to Rhoop and to the DT crew in terms of the Darkness of the island. As Coriakin says in the trailer, they are "all about to be tested," and the passage through the Dark Fog is indeed a test. If they allow the Darkness to take a hold of them and control them, and give in to the temptation to succumb to its despair, then they will ultimately be destroyed by their own doing and never make it to the glorious end of their journey in which they finally see Aslan again. And, if we think about it, what are the times in our lives when we most feel like we are going to lose our faith? It’s in the personal INTERNAL spiritual struggles with coming to terms with things that we would rather not think about. In the case of Edmund, even in VDT (as evidenced by what he says to Eustace about being a traitor), some part of him STILL can’t let go of what he did by aiding the Witch through his own selfishness. Therefore, the darkness of the island manifests itself to him as the image of the Witch enticing him with her grand lie. The guilt is still there, and he can either give in to it or choose to trust in Aslan to help him overcome it.

So, essentially, the "evil" Coriakin speaks of that is "far more dangerous than any witch" is most likely this abstract "darkness" (think ‘Dark Night of the Soul’ idea by St. John of the Cross) of being tempted to allow our fears, guilt, worst personal characteristics, selfish passions, etc.–which are all WITHIN ourselves–to overcome us. That is the most dangerous evil of all–the evil which magnifies our fears and desires to the point that we believe that there is no possible way we can be purged of our own disgusting faults.

Of course, the counter to this is that this is entirely false–we CAN be purged. But if we don’t trust God enough to let Him do what he needs to in order to heal us, then we’ll just drown in our own despair. And this can definitely be related to Coriakin’s comment about how the darkness can "steal all the light from this world."

The seven swords, given this possible context, seem to be some kind of representation of the Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit (wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord), which are the spiritual "weapons" which counteract the Seven Deadly Sins. It is only with God’s help that we can overcome our spiritual darkness–in terms of Narnia, it is only by putting these special swords at Aslan’s Table (note: it’s ASLAN’s table–this is significant) that the darkness of the island can fully be overcome. The power of God works through these 7 Gifts to help us overcome the darkness of sin–in the film, it seems that the power of Aslan works through these swords at Aslan’s own Table to overcome the island’s darkness. Also, they may be a counter to the power of the Witch’s dagger which puts the 3 lords into their deep sleep–the reference to sleep may link back to the idea of dreams and nightmares back on the island. There are more swords than daggers, and the swords are obviously much more formidable weapons–therefore, the power that comes through them easily overcomes the power of the dagger.

• Mangolite says:

Wow, after everyone complained about the seven swords, now I see why. I didn’t mind that Eustace as a dragon fight against the seas serpent and some of the other minor changes. Let’s hope that Fox does not go overboard with so many details that what makes the book special. I agreed with Glumpuddle’s video assessment on YouTube that DT was an adventure and there really are no antagonist to fight or to save Narnia from. Let’s hope that if the rest of the series becomes a film, not everyone of them is "Let’s Save Narnia." PC already nailed that phrase after LWW, and especially, it should NEVER be used for the LAST BATTLE.

• skandargirl_95 says:

mo wonder that’s what "Prince Caspian" said in "The Disaster movie"…ugh!I HATE MOCKERIES!!!but I have to sya,it’s a bit true…every movie they’ve done sounds like that(okay,just a WEE BIT)..and I LOVE THIS TRAILER THE BEST!!!!

• skandargirl_95 says:

I mean *no wonder" and "I have to say"…sorry:typing in the dark is a bit addling to the eyes

• simplyphilly says:

Totally AWESOME! Although I don’t like the part where they have to lay the seven swords at Aslan’s Table. Eustace,fainting,LOL! I wish they kept closer to the book though. Eustace/Dragon is tiny compared to the Sea Monster, cool fight scene. Does Ed HAVE to have a crush on Lilliandil?

• Boke_Wyrm says:

If it helps, the LWW trailers definitely emphasized the battle of Beruna over tea with Tumnus, and we wound up getting both in the full-length film.

I know the seven swords bit sounds like a movieland ‘MacGuffin’ (Alfred Hitchcock’s term–yeah, I’m a movie-nerd). But there are good and bad MacGuffins, the Maltese Falcon being the most famous. It wll all depend on how the swords fit in, symbolically or otherwise, with themes of wisdom, overcoming desire, and personal growth.

• Queen Susan the Gentle says:

This is awesome!

• OnceAKingorQueenofNarnia says:

I can barely wait for this movie! And I just have to say I dont mind changes, I think they are necessary when you make a movie out of a book. And if you have read the book, would it not be a slight bit boring if the movie was EXACTLY the same? Then nothing would surprise you. Changes means someone has used their imagination and using imagination is always a good idea. The most important thing I think is to capture the essence and communicate a feeling…

• Chloe says:

I didn’t really know what to expect when watching this trailer, but now that I’m finished all I can say is WOW! This movie is going to be awesome.

• sirsimon says:

The film I think will be great, hands down.
      Yes there are some plot changes, but every film has had changes, remember when harry potter 6 was sliced in two?
      This film is about seeing voyage on screen and enjoying it with friends and family, its not about moaning about plot changes, besides it could have been worse, at least the entire book remains

• Louloudi the Centaur says:

(to the tune of 100 bottles of beer on the wall) Two months of waiting to go, two months to go. Unless something-goes-wrong at the studi-ooooo, two months of waiting to go.
    Sorry, I just had to do that. I am just excited. This is the best trailer by far.

• narnian at heart says:

this is too amazing
    ! But i swear tht at the end ill cry

• Laura Elizabeth says:

Ya’ll all have probably just sealed the fate of the other Narnia movies ๐Ÿ™ When the movie makers read all ya’lls enthusiastic responses to this trailer, they’ll realize that with a bit of special effects and neat music, they can get almost everyone on their side ๐Ÿ™

• Bookwyrm says:

I haven’t been on their side since PC came out. But I don’t think they’ve cared what the book fans think since LWW. There’s a lot more people who haven’t read the books and who can be won over with shiny sparkly special effects than there are people who actually love the books and want to see them on the screen.

• Laura Elizabeth says:

Well, I know you, Bookwyrm, haven’t been happy with the changes. Weren’t you called a troll a while back for complaining? LOL. Yes, they don’t care twopence about us fans of the books, do they?

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

yeah, well, at least we’d HAVE some sequels, unlike other versions that cr@pped out half way through the series. Lets CHILL, nitpickers!!

• Bookwyrm says:

Oh goody! So instead of an incomplete series, we get lots of crappy sequels! Awesome! ๐Ÿ˜€

P.S.: Make me ๐Ÿ˜›

• Matt Wills says:

It’s terribly difficult. Ideally, I’d have liked to have seen the book intact, but that may be short-sighted. Many of the changes look fine and cinematic, some look likely to dilute the messages in the book (but I guess we have to wait and see). Ultimately, if this is what it takes to get the franchise back to an ongoing financial proposition for Fox, then so be it. I’d rather see more films than a perfect rendition of DT as the last. There are still the books and excellent, faithful radio versions.

• sirsimon says:

Sigh…you know if they did make it too light and exactly like the book, worldwide auidences would consider it boring and not watch it, no auidience means no sales, no sales means no future films and then you guys would be whining.

and if they made it too much like the book, it would be the bbc version, and then you would all complain.

Lets watch the film then comment, lets give the guys a break, I mean they did make us a film just for us.

• Bookwyrm says:

Actually most of the hardcore purists do like the BBC version and aside from the bad special effects and somewhat shaky acting, it isn’t too bad. Besides, how do you know that a faithful adaptation wouldn’t do well? Sure it might not appeal to teenagers, but it would appeal to families like LWW did. Trying to be action-y and EPIC! but not so much that it gets a PG-13 was part of why PC flopped.

So if they made the movie just for us, does that mean I don’t have to pay for my ticket?

• HisWarrior says:

I am still concerned about the seven swords. But the trailor was amazing! I may honestly be able to enjoy the movie. But I’ll wait until December to make my final decision.

• narnianheart says:

This is going to be NOTHING like the book. But, despite everything i think i’ll like it.
    although this trailer is better than the first.

• For Christ Alone says:

I am actually disappointed. Itโ€™s not even the Dawn Treader story! Why did they do that??? I likeโ€ฆcanโ€™t believe how different the story is and I am really disappointed. I am still going to go opening nightโ€ฆbut I sure hope itโ€™s not like this trailer makes it out to be. If it isโ€ฆI donโ€™t think Lewis would like it. Does anyone have Doug Greshamโ€™s take on it all? That would be great to hear.
    Are they even looking for they seven lordโ€™s anymore? Or are they just a small part? Narnia used to be such a wonderful innocent story, why did they have to change the whole plot. And another โ€œgag meโ€ love story. We will see!
    Lewis was such a strong Christianโ€ฆNarnia wasnโ€™t even his greatest workโ€ฆhope they are caring more about that than the money that will be made.

• Matt Wills says:

Douglas Gresham, interviewed by Ian Kath in "Your Story" episode 46 says the following:

"The LWW was very close to the original book, because the book was written in such a way that lent itself to being transcribed into the film medium. Prince Caspian: we had to make some fairly major changes because the book isn’t written that way. And in this movie, there are a lot of differences in it also, to, as Hollywood says, "drive the plot". I’m ambivalent about whether they’re really necessary or not; I don’t really think so, but that’s how they wanted to do it, and it was either that or not make a movie, so I said, well, go ahead and do it, you know. And it will be very interesting to see the public reaction."

However, he also says, in the same interview:

"I inherited a moral responsibility to look after Jack’s works, and to, I felt, to make films out of them that still carried all the important messages which Jack was trying to tell us in these books, and yet were delightful movies. I think, so far, we’ve done very well."

• Matt Wills says:

From the same interview:

"Go and watch the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, take all your friends, take all your friends’ friends, take your enemies – you’re supposed to love them too – take your enemies friends… have a great time, I think you’ll enjoy it."

"I think the story in the book is better, but it’s still a great story".

"It’s going to be a great movie. It’s a fabulous movie".

So there you have it! Let’s all support this film as enthusiastically as it deserves. It’s amazing that it’s been made given the problems with Disney. Focus on the positives, guys :o)

• For Christ Alone says:

Thanks so much for that! I just know how much Doug Gresham loved "Jack" and the books. All you have to do is listen to him in the radio dramas. And, you can see in this interview that the story HAS changed. "I think the story in the book is better, but itโ€™s still a great story". I suppose I am just concerned because I don’t know how happy Lewis would be. BUT! I am optimistic about the VTD and I hope it comes out great and the way that Lewis would want it.
        Thanks again!
        God bless.

• Alambil and Tarvis says:

LMAO

Eustace: "WHERE IN THE BLAZES AM I?!"
    Minotaur: "You are on the Dawn Treader."
    Eustace: *faints*

Lilliandil: "Travelers of Narnia, I am your guide."
    Caspian: "You are most beautiful."
    Lilliandil: "If it is a distraction for you, I can change form."
    Caspian & Ed: "NO!"
    *awkward silence*

Anyway, as a die-hard book fan, I’m worried about the changes (we saw what that did to PC), but for this film, I think they might work out better. The trailer is AMAZING. I can definitely see the benefit 3D will have now ๐Ÿ˜€

• Isabel says:

It’s so Lord of the Rings, all that thing about the sword. "That sword you carry must be laid at Aslanโ€™s table" sounds to me too much like "the ring must be taken into the Mount Doom". And it gets worse if the sword glows blue, just like Sting.
    Anyway, it’s a beautiful trailer; looks like a good film.

• Sarah says:

did anyone else catch the "FOR NARNIA!!!"??? haha they can keep bringing that back but the witch AGAIN?!?!?!? like please stop putting her back in the movies!! She’s only in like 2 of the books!!!

• martin the warrior says:

stupid i hate narnia!!!!!!!!!!!

• Evan Morgan says:

Honestly, everyone. Why are you all so pesimistic? Be happy that the book is being made into a movie. Being a pesimist isn’t going to help anything. You may be surprised and find out that you like the movie. Yes, I understand that they have added some things in the book that weren’t in the movie, but there are things that you have to do to make a book into a good movie. VODT is a short book, so it makes sense to add some things in there. And I do have to agree withthe person that said if they kept totally true to the book, it would be a boring movie. Don’t get me wrong, though. I LOVE the book! And look at how much they changed The Lord of the Rings when they made it. I only read a quarter of the first book and I found MANY major differences. And in the third book, there is another battle in the Shire. Just like they changed it to make the movies shorter, they changed VODT to make it longer.

• NarnianElf says:

Ok, I seriously love that comment. That’s exactly how I felt with Prince Caspian. I personally think that they couldn’t have done a better job on any of the Narnia movies.

• Evan Morgan says:

Thank you! I agree with you on that. Prince Caspian was a pretty good adaption of the book. Night raid= battle in the middle of the book. The book had a lot less magic than the first one. I agree that it would be nice to have the romp, but all in all, I was pleased.

• NarnianElf says:

That trailer was AMAZING!!! I SO CAN’T WAIT FOR DECEMBER 10!!! OHHH MY GOODNESS THAT SERIOUSLY TOOK MY BREATH AWAY! Very good job, Michael Apted!

• Alambil and Tarvis says:

Okay, so I went back and pulled out my old copy of VDT to skim over it since I haven’t read it in years.

What I realized is that from what I can gather from the movie, the added stuff actually might fight in quite well without drastically altering the original material.

First of all, going back over the whole sword thing, from the trailer (and from the spoilers we’ve read/heard), they’re connected to Ramandu & Lilliandil. I mean, look at the blue light shooting up from the swords in the trailer–does that not scream "star" to you? The "true power" Coriakin talks about probably = Lilliandil. And then when she says, "I am your guide"…well, that would make sense since if she’s connected to the swords and they had to bring all the swords to her father’s island, it’s like Aslan sent her to guide them there or something. Which I actually don’t have a problem with–she needed a bigger role anyway. So, the only thing that comes out of the sword plot is just a change to how Ramandu’s Daughter appears (in the book, she comes out of a door in a hill) and a slight elevation of her role, which makes sense or else the romance with Caspian would be totally unbelievable. Besides, the idea of being guided by a star towards Aslan kind of is like the Nativity story in the Bible. So I think it works fine ๐Ÿ™‚

As for the Dark Island, I already wrote a shpiel on this, but I’m pretty sure the "Witch" is not really there. Remember, they all kept seeing their dreams and nightmares–obviously the Witch returning would be Edmund’s biggest nightmare and so the fog would manifest itself as that. I myself actually thought it would be a clever idea to do that in the film as Edmund’s personal nightmare. Plus, the fact that Coriakin refers to the Dark Island as "far more powerful than a witch" makes perfect sense b/c when an evil is more ambiguous and has no definitive form (i.e. the fog in the book) it’s far more dangerous because it’s harder to recognize for what it truly is.

And, to the bit with Eustace as dragon fighting the sea monster–I’m not so keen on that part, but it’s not too much of a deviation still, b/c in the book Lewis mentions Eustace going out with a sword and "hacking it with all his might" (ultimately failing, but he tried) as sign of how his attitude had changed and how he really did want to help out. And the part with the serpent comes right after Dragon Island in the book, so it’s not like they took the element from some random place way at the end and stuck it with the dragon part for a cool effect.

And the combination of Dragon Island with Deathwater also makes sense, b/c their stay at Deathwater was extremely brief, and cinematically it just wouldn’t work if they stopped on the random island for one short scene and then got on the boat and had another sailing montage. Although I am bothered by the fact that it looks like they might have cut out EUSTACE being the one to stop Caspian and Ed from fighting each other–I always thought that was important.

And Caspian sailing in the boat to meet Aslan…well, that makes sense b/c who’s going to row the boat back to the ship? LOL Besides, it’s easier to do on film where we see Aslan telling Caspian face-to-face, "Hey, you are not supposed to go on any further" instead of just having him come out of his cabin and say that Aslan appeared and told him that. Having him there probably also made the goodbye scene less awkward than having him say goodbye on the ship.

So, all-in-all, I don’t really think the changes are that bad, from what I can tell.

• Aravis the Brilliant says:

As I’ve said before, VDT has so much description in it, there’s not enough action to make a movie. Also, it’s episodic-more like a television series than a movie. They have to add something. And they have to exaggerate what they’re given.

If you think about it, seven swords is not that off. The knife did have an association with the table. A knife is a blade. A sword is a blade. They’re in the same family. There were seven swords. There are seven lords. They rhyme. That’s got to count for something. Both Ramandu and Coriakin hinted at greater forces at work. In the Silver Chair, the Green Witch and White Witch were said to be of the same species. So….what gives them their power? Where do they come from (Yes, I know Charn…let’s allow for some creativity)?
    Message: THEY’RE TRYING, PEOPLE!! THEY REALLY ARE!!!! THEY CAN’T PLEASE EVERYBODY, SO LET’S BE THE BIGGER PERSON AND NOT WHINE ABOUT OUR GIVE!!! WE’RE SUPPOSED TO GIVING!!!

I highly suggest you all read what sirsimon said. He couldn’t have said it better. Thank you, O Wise One.

• Bookwyrm says:

What exactly are they trying to do? Make a generic mainstream movie that appeals to the lowest common denominator of viewing audiences so they can make tons of money? Certainly not trying to make a movie that follows the book.

• Ma'anit says:

OK, sure this trailer is epic for screen and if you hadn’t read the books, and I know everyone’s talking about the changes, forgive me if I’m repetative, but. 1)Who in the world is this Gail girl that I’ve seen in previews? 2)Why is Caspian no longer Spanish? And also why is the White Witch still coming back, I thought Edmund would have had his closure when he ran his sword through her in Prince Caspian. I love this book and it does upset me that they seem to take the name and characters but completely change the plot, the whole point of the adventure was to find the Seven Lords, not Swords. If anyone can explain this mess up………..

• Weapon Master says:

HA! That shot of Eustace fainting was hilarious. I’m reserving judgment on the plot changes until I see the whole movie, but from here, it looks pretty epic.

• Benny says:

in the book the voyage is to learn what became of the seven lords. Thus the seven swords, but I agree that they shouldn’t have put any emphasis on a sword quest since they weren’t in the book.

The witch I’m guessing makes an appearance in the heavily fogged dream island. The book doesn’t mention what their fears or nightmares were but I could imagine that Edmunds worst nightmare would/could have been of the worst thing he’s experienced (the white which who he sided with before she killed aslan)

The mystery girl is probably the daughter of the elderly star, Ramandu. She is un named in the book but caspian later marries her. Not certain though since she tells them that she will guide them…but guide them where? They are already at the last island in the story. I’m guessing she is going to guide them to aslans table so they can finish the sword quest.

I’m still very excited! Going to be awesome. I’m looking forward to the river scene ๐Ÿ™‚ also excited to see their strategy plays out on the screen when they free the others from captivity.

• tolkienlewisfan says:

Just saying beforehand, but with all the people saying "oh my gosh I’m so hyped" you better not be the purists when this movie comes out and it will be totally different from the book. I mean it was the same with PC, people watched the previews and realized that it had several differences from the book and were still super excited. Then the movie comes out and they all whine and complain about the changes. I mean seriously? The people who are super excited about this trailer (including me) better not be the ones who go all Lewis Worshipper Purist when it comes out. This trailer basically advertised "This movie is very different from the book…VERY different". I only reconized 4 or 5 scenes in the trailer that were exactly the way they were in the book. Anyway, sorry bout that, just had to say. This preview is extremely exciting for me. If it is done well as a movie then I will accept it for what it is, its actually more interesting that we are getting a new plotline that the book didn’t offer. That makes the whole experience more original.

• Dustfinger says:

It’s cool to see more new clips of the movie. One of the parts I’m most curious about to see is the part where Lucy yells, "No!" and Caspian screams, "Edmund!" and Edmund gapes at his glowing blue sword in fear. I wonder what that is about. I still don’t completely like all the clips, such as the idea that Coriakin knows all about the Dark Island, and Caspian and Edmund are both attracted to Ramandu’s daughter (both of which are definitely not in the book). But, hey, if they want to drastically change the story, what can we do?

• lilliandilhater says:

Lilliandil is such a bitch! She seduced edmund and caspian! Edmund is MINE!!!

• Josh says:

I wouldnt say that about Lilliandil since I think she was unaware that she was leading Caspian and Edmund on. Now the White Witch on the other hand…just die already!

• Mona says:

Well,its really good to get such vast information about my fav. movie sequal

• Lady of the Green Kirtle says:

Did Edmund call Eustace "Useless"?

• Lady of the Green Kirtle says:

I know that’s not what it said in the transcript, but that’s what I heard, did anyone else?

• Aslan's my Homeboy says:

I think he said Eustace, its just that his english accent made it sound like he said useless. They both sound similar too, but I am pretty sure he said Eustace. Even though it would be funny if he said useless haha

• Narnia Lover13 says:

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL I AM SPEACHLESS I FELL LIKE I GOIN TO CRY OR PASS OUT ๐Ÿ™‚ AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks for this entry