‘Silver Chair’ Still a Possibility?

Posted May 24, 2011 4:48 pm by Glumpuddle

Inside Out has posted a a 32-minute podcast interview with Micheal Flahery (Walden Media president). The first five minutes are the most interesting for Narnia fans. Flaherty talks about why he thinks VDT’s box office started slow, the darkness in Prince Caspian, and finally gives an update on the status of the next film.

LISTEN HERE

Last we heard, it sounded pretty certain that if they made another Narnia film, it would be The Magician’s Nephew. But here, Flaherty seems to indicate nothing has been finalized:

“We’re still in our conversations right now with 20th Century Fox, and the C.S. Lewis Estate who own the rights to all the books. We’re all trying to come to an agreement about which film to do next and how to film it. So, we’re waiting to see where that goes.”

Flaherty talked about book sales in his last update. Here, he gives another reason they are considering The Magician’s Nephew:

“But there are some elements in [the books] that are a little tough, and Caspian is the darkest, and Silver Chair is pretty dark too… physically and tonally. A lot of it takes place underground. That’s why, for the next one, we’re really hoping to go in the direction of The Magician’s Nephew.”

UPDATE 2: The clip is on our YouTube Channel. Listen below…

Transcript:
(1:50 – 5:14)

IO: [Dawn Treader] started out very slowly in the United States.

MF: “Yeah, very slow. Made for an agonizing opening weekend.”

IO: What do you think went on? Why do you think it was so slow?
MF: “People are just so busy at Christmas time. And we in Hollywood are so ego-centric. We feel like everyone can just drop everything they have, all their family commitments, all their Christmas commitments and dedicate themselves to seeing a movie on opening day. And we’re real impatient. But, eventually the movie stayed in the theaters and ended up doing really well. We were pleased with it.”

IO: It did much better overseas, didn’t it?
MF: “Three times what it did here. It’s quite a puzzle, and it’s fun because there’s so little research that’s done in Hollywood. You’re free to just forward as many theories as you want. And, I don’t really know why the disparity is. What’s interesting in the United States is, ticket sales almost exactly mirror the book sales. So the number of people who saw Prince Caspian was half the number of people who saw The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. And the book sales are half. The people who saw Dawn Treader was about a third less than the people who saw Prince Caspian. And the book sales are about a third less.”

IO: Prince Caspian was a bit darker and grim and violent.
MF: “Yeah, and this is the paradox when you want to do faithful adaptations. That book is a dark war kind of novel. And we actually pulled back a little. In one scene, Peter beheads a couple of people [laughs]. At the end they run into some Greek gods who give everybody wine and they get drunk. So it’s amazing because I think a lot of us, in our minds, have this perfect image of these Narnia books because we grew up with them. But there are some elements in there that are a little tough, and Caspian is the darkest, and Silver Chair is pretty dark too… physically and tonally. A lot of it takes place underground. That’s why, for the next one, we’re really hoping to go in the direction of The Magician’s Nephew.”

IO: You talk about mirroring the book sales. The Magician’s Nephew was the second-highest seller of the series, wasn’t it?
MF: “Yes. And pretty close, sort of nipping at the heels of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. It’s amazing and it’s a great origin story. And I like the way that Lewis did it and that’s what we’re trying to do with our film, which is: You actually start in the middle of the story, so then when you tell the origin it’s much more interesting. You can say to yourself ‘that’s where the lamp-post came from!’”

IO: Oh yeah, you can connect the dots on that which is always a lot of fun. What about production schedule and all of that? Do you have a script for this yet?
MF: “No, we don’t. We’re still in our conversations right now with 20th Century Fox, and the C.S. Lewis Estate who own the rights to all the books. So, we’re all trying to come to an agreement about which film to do next and how to film it. So, we’re waiting to see where that goes.”

Back in October, NarniaWeb posted a poll on the homepage asking which film should be made next. 86% voted for The Silver Chair (1,841 total votes).
UPDATE 1: We just added a new poll. Go back to the homepage and scroll down to the poll on the bottom-right.

• decarus says:

In conclusion. I think if they make MN as the next film it will be completely different then the book.

• Dylan says:

I really hope not,that would ruin the series for me.

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

yeah, like the creator of the universe will not be found to be the emperor- over- the- sea,and aslan—–but oprah winfrey assisted by eckhart tolle. {sarcasm}

• Aslan's #1 fan says:

Well guys, just be positive about the next movie. They had an okay excuse for changing the story like they did in VDT but in PC they had no excuse. If FOX or WALDEN have learned their lesson they will stay with the book with what ever movie is next! They should know better by now though I don’t blame them for VDT. But that’s my opinion. 😉

• Dylan says:

Well, they kinda needed to add some plot for VDT, cause there was really no exciting, edge of your seat plot for the book.

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

the problem is movies of today can’t be gentle and intelligent about searching for heaven. they have to be about bashing a monster’s head in.

• Anhun says:

Are you saying I don’t actually have to slay a sea-serpent?! My world just turned upside down. :O

• Aslan's #1 fan says:

I totally agree with you there Dylan! Yes they should have gone with the book more but I enjoyed it MUCH better than PC. It at least stayed with the spirit of the story with Eustace and all (granted some would disagree with me and that’s fine). So cheer to Narnia 4 (what ever you are)!!!
        🙂

• Dylan says:

It did stay with the spirit of the book, and was a ton better then Prince Caspian. I loved the special effects in VDT, and over all it did make for a very beutifull movie. Maybe the searching for heaven thing was a little absent, but overall it was a good movie. I think it would have been a little better if Disney had stayed on the project, and Adamson was directing. I agree with you in that they really brought out Eustaces character(what can I say, they picked the right acter). The only thing that didnt hit quite home for me was you dindt see much of the change of Eustace the human, because he was normal only at the end of the movie.

• Queen Elizabeth says:

At least Silver Chair has a legit storyline compared to VDT where the just sail all over the place. And there are a ton of new characters in SC, and pretty much a whole new world. I think the Emerald Witch would be cool to see.

• Aslan's #1 fan says:

Amen to that Queen!! The Silver Chair is my second to the favorite int the series. Granted it’s darker than PC but thats how the story goes and that’s what makes it very cool. And the Emerald Witch will be a breathe of fresh air compared to the white witch…the white witch…the witch…The Emerald Witch that becomes a HUGE snake (common isn’t it cool)!I will love MN but I will LOVE SC much more if they do it right. Even if they don’t go with the book all the way I will try to enjoy it. 🙂

• Aslan's #1 fan says:

Amen to that Queen!! The Silver Chair is my second to the favorite int the series. Granted it’s darker than PC but that’s how the story goes and that’s what makes it very cool. And the Emerald Witch will be a breathe of fresh air compared to the white witch…the white witch…the witch…The Emerald Witch that becomes a HUGE snake (common isn’t it cool)!I will love MN but I will LOVE SC much more if they do it right. Even if they don’t go with the book all the way I will try to enjoy it. 🙂

• Aslan's #1 fan says:

Whoops about the repeat! Lol!
        🙂 😉

• Praying Pevensie says:

What is it with everyone giving PC the cold shoulder ?

I LOVE THAT MOVIE !! Except the part where the that wolf guy comes out !

• kuora katos says:

I prefer the silver chair to be the next movie

• Queen C The Gentle says:

I would like for them to do MN+HB this year then Sc at least by next year.I LOVED VDT, why did it have to be so emotional at the end? And LWW+PC were good also. I really am going to miss the siblings.

• Aslan's #1 fan says:

Putting emotion in VDT’s end made it bittersweet like the book. I mean even if they didn’t make it emotional you’d still be feeling sad anyway so why not amp it up a little? And there something grand about the torch being passed to Eustace. But at the same time I will miss the siblings too. And for the next movie…do SC and then MN after. Followed by HB and then the Biggest Finale ever…The Last Battle! Please Fox and Walden, please…

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

I MISS THE PEVENSIES! to me they ARE narnia!!

• Anhun says:

Probably because you saw the movies first. I actually didn’t like the Pevensies as they were portrayed in the books. Peter and Susan had barely any presence or personality. Lucy was a sickening goody-goody. Edmund was tolerable, but not nearly as interesting as Eustace, Jill, Puddleglum, Shasta, Aravis, Bree, and Digory. I don’t even own copies of LWW or PC. Granted, I think part of the problem is that I don’t feel Lewis really hit his stride as a children’s author until VDT. The writing in LWW and PC was very thin and business-like, and that affected the character development. The writing in the later books was more fleshed out. It still left a lot open to speculation and imagination, but I felt that was part of it’s power.

• Dylan says:

I think that Edmund was really the only character in LWW that was described a lot. Peter and Susan talked like every other page, and you didnt quite get a good picture of the character. Lucy shouldve been descriped more then she was. Over all you are very right in the fact that the later books were much more descriptive than the earlier books.

• ak says:

I can understand that they’re worried about Silver Chair being a dark movie, but it’s got a much more cohesive plot in my opinion than Prince Caspian (mind you, I actually like both the book and movie of Prince Caspian). Silver Chair is, in a way, a culmination of the best plot elements of the other books – a journey through various different lands, character development/self discovery, a clear villain, and a clear ending. The darkness of the story is very magical, not political like Prince Caspian (which maybe bored some of its target audience). The parts that happen IN the dark/underground, are really interesting and exciting.

Personally, I found it one of the better-paced stories of the series. I’m just concerned that switching to Magician’s Nephew (which I also really enjoyed & hope to see on the big screen, but seemed pretty random at times) would feel like an interruption in the story, especially with the concern over actor ages.

Also, I really want to see the transformation of the Lady into the snake done believably. While I enjoyed the BBC version, the Rilian fighting a carnival prize was a little anticlimactic.

• Anhun says:

Lol, at "Rilian fighting a carnival prize." That’s exactly how I felt about that part.

I agree that SC is much more magical than PC. I also think they can address the dark moments by taking advantage of the moments of brightness to create a dark/bright pattern, and making the darkness mysterious and suspenseful, rather than just gloomy. I remember feeling the sense of mystery in reading the Underland section. Where are they going? What’s up with the shuffling gnome creatures on the docks? Who is the goofball in black?

• Ben says:

PLEASE MAKE THE NEXT NARNIA FILM BECAUSE HARRY POTTER WILL BE FINISHED BY THEN AND NARNIA WILL START TO BECOME THE MAIN FEATURE!!! DO IT DO IT

• farsight-mssngr says:

Does anyone of you realized that Narnia always have a great competitors when they are in the big-screen?
    1.)The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.- against Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
    2.)Prince Caspian.-against Iron Man and Indiana Jones.
    3.)The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.- against Tron Legacy
    4.)The Silver Chair/The Magician’s Nephew.-against The Hobbit and Avatar 2 (If possible)

I just want to say that Narnia films are likely to be off cause too many competitors are there. But having a big competitors in the big-screen means the movie is epic and great.
    Narnia 4 or The Hobbit?
    I think it’s Narnia’s time to rise up again after two falls in the big-screen.
    So start casting and filming the earlier the better! For Narnia!

• Praying Pevensie says:

Wow ! Cool down there lightning….

I mean, Isn’t that what all the people say before they become villians ? I think it is time for the Christian movies to make a humble stand. Like, Have you seen the Movie Facing the Giants ? Fireproof ? Flywheel ? AWESOME CHRISTIAN MOVIES ! I think those are the movies that should be on the big screen since they won’t get carried away !

• farsight-mssngr says:

Yeah I agree with you. Narnia film should show more christian reflections cause the books were really based in the Bible.

Thanks,

I like that one movie called "The secrets of Jonathan Sperry." And far as radio, for everyone:

Yune into KCMI at 4:00 nebraska time for Weekday sonshine ! A kids program.

KCMI 96.9 FM-Scottsbluff, terry town, gering NE
        KCMI 93.5-Sydney, NE
        KCMI- 99.1-Rushville

• Jill_pole says:

For me I’m being led both ways..on 1 hand i think they NEED to do MN Simply for the fact that SC is such a dark book and MN is a really (bright) Book and its got charecters weve never before seen in narnia (except aslan)But on the other hand Theres SC Which if Will Poulter doesnt start the movie ASAP then he will be WAY to old to play the part of a 9 year old when hes 18 and by the time they start and finish the movie hell be 19-20! and im really looking forward to seeing what jill pole looks like! But then thats the same with Polly And Diggory…But i think im leaning more to MN 😀

• Praying Pevensie says:

Please don’t take this offesovely.. ok ?

ACTORS IN NARNIA I LIKE :
      Will ________
      Simon Pegg
      Skandar Keynes
      Anna Popplewell
      Liam Neeson

ACTORS I DON"T LIKE:
      Georgie Henley
      Will Poulter
      Tilda Swinton

ok ? Does this sound weird to you ?

• Jill_pole says:

No Not at all i think evry1 has there own opinion for me I LOVE Georgie henely Skander and will But i dont know why but I just cant stand anna…although i think my all time favourite charecter will probally be Polly. thats if they ever end up making MN??

• farsight-mssngr says:

I think all the actors and actresses are very well in the chronicles. I LOVE Georgie Henley, William Moseley, Skandar Keynes, Ben Barnes (as my favorite actors and actress) and all of them. They have great acting skills and they really fit in their characters. We can still see the Pevensie kids in HHB and all of them in LB.

• Jill_pole says:

Thats true but its just that it wont be the same as when they were all there in narnia on quest and stuff…Although im looking forward to new charecters and new adventures!…XD

• Anhun says:

I think if they get really good people for Jill and Puddleglum, they’ll probably be my favorites.

As for the cast we have so far:
        I like Will P, Will M, Sergio Castellito, James McAvoy, and Tilda Swinton.
        I don’t like Anna Popplewell, completely dead in the eyes.
        I have mixed feelings about Georgie, Ben, and Skandar. I loved Georgie and Skandar in LWW. In PC, I liked Georgie and Skandar, couldn’t stand Ben. In VDT, I thought Ben was perfect, whereas Skandar’s performance was kind of lackluster, and Georgie was on and off.

• Jill_pole says:

I mean i LOVE georgie and skander but i think i expected more from them in VDT Because there older and are more trained, XD And they were AwEsOmE in LWW and PC I think the attention may have gotton to their head a bit, BUT still they are my favourite actors that have ever lived…I LOVE YOU GEORGIE AND SKANDER!!

• Cross Trainer says:

I actually really enjoy Anna’s performance in LWW and PC (VDT, not much to say). I think it’s hard to take a liking to her after a certain point and that adds to her falling away in LB. I’d like to see her in LB when they compare her present life with the life she once had as a friend of Narnia.

• Jill_Pole says:

Yeah her perfomance was pretty good XD but it was for me after reading the last battle that i just didnt warm to her…

To Jill_Pole:
    Oops! If I knew you loved Georgie, I wouldn’t have said it. Sorry ! I know that, I thought Georgie was cute when she was little, and ok, in PC, but VDT, I’m sorry. (Scream) She is so…….I don’t like her. SORRY ! I know, I get carried away ! I’m nuts !

• Jill_pole says:

To Praying Pevensie:
      Its Fine We all have our differences and if you dont like georgie then I am perfectly fine with that.. I mean I CANT STAND anna at ALL!!….Still waiting for MN 😀

Sorry anyway !

I can’t wait for MN either ! I woould prefer HHB, if I had a choice, but MN is close behind ! I wish they could make two movies at once ! On the other hand, I hope they don’t make LB. I don’t think I’d want to watch LB, because that one is REALLY special, and truthfully, I think think the movies are taking people away from books. I know the Dawn Treader looked ALOT different than what I thought !

• Jill_pole says:

Yeah VDT did look a lot different from the way i immagined it to be. but then again it look exactly the same aswell so overall it was about half and half, But i just have this feeling that they will go off the story line with SC???,
        Maybe they wont, But For the Movies i couldn’t care less if they go off the storyline, But it has an Impact on the books and put people on a different light,Although it does get people to buy and read the books, and who knows they might become a follower of god? XD

• Praying Pevensie says:

They might, and they might go to God.
        But think about it. I know when we read LWW it really was not too enjoyable, cause we imagined the movie ! What fun is that ? Also, If they don’t follow God now, what’s going too in the books ? They probably don’t even know the Bible. Am I right ? I think that they should find th Kingdom series to copy instead. Or Lamplighter ! Or, I’m publishing a cool book !

• Jill_Pole says:

Well For Me that wasn’t a problem because I had read the book before i saw the movie, But that is actually true for some people..XD I really want to be polly in MN But there is NO chance in that!

• Praying Pevensie says:

I would LOVE to be Aravis in the Horse and His boy, but Here’s what I think.

I’m country. 100% country. I love farming, riding, baking, hollering, and rounding,There is a small town about 22 miles away from our house, but it’s just a little town,, where we get groceries, mail ect. ANYWAY,
        I would like to be in MN or HHB, BUT my country, small town girl life won’t be the same. Instead, everyone will be there, and they’ll all ask"Your _______ ____!" I don’t like that. I would though, like to be a writer, a radio host, and a person who does audio dramas like Lamplighter Theatre or Adventures in Odesey !
        But your probably town right ? it’s fine, but I LOVE MY LIFE ! ( no offense ) = )

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

what is hollering and rounding?

• Jill_Pole says:

Yeah,I live in australia in townsville up at north Queensland I am 12 and we have ur normal shopping centre malls things and proper everything, where do u live????

• Praying Pevensie says:

America. Kansas in America. Caldwell, Kansas. Our nearest REAL town is about 60 miles away. Enid, Oklahoma. I also am 12, and live right between Oklahoma and Kansas. I can’t even get to our 2 mile away neighbor, without getting into Oklahoma !
      You probably think I’m a hick right ? I may be, but I hope that one day, as the oldest, I can take the farm, and make it into something great. Do you live on a farm ??

• Praying Pevensie says:

Never mind my question. Sorry. Do you have siblings ? I have three. One brother, and two sisters. I’m the oldest though.

• Jill_Pole says:

Yes I have a little brother and a big sister, As you can c I LOVE NARNIA!!!!
    My favourite movie from the chronicles would probaly have to be LWW Same with the book But MN was up there 2 Althoug in the VDT movie I thought the funny comedy side of it was good XD wbu???

• Praying Pevensie says:

Well, far as Narnia movies….hmm…

My favorite is probably LWW or PC. I LOVE LWW because I think it is the most realistic, but i LOVE PC because of my hero……Reepicheep ! He is ok in VDT but He is less exciting and I don’t like his voice as well. If I could be queen of Narnia, or in a pack with Reepicheep, i would definately pick Reep !
      Far as book…..My favorite is MN but I really like Lb. ( the ending left us all in tears ) but, LB was sadder. I think my favorite book was MN with HHB close behind. Who is your favorite character in Narnia ?? = )

• Jill_Pole says:

to praying pevensi: Well,as far as charecters I Like Peter and edmund I really liked them both in PC, Which I think had the better acting of the three, I dont really like susan and lucy’s charecter(but I LOVE georgie anyway), And if I had a choice of the 4 i would probally pick Lucy, Because she is in LWW PC VDT and the LB..but I wouldnt mind being Edmund or Peter..Actually I changed my mind I would probs wanna be edmaund or pete..XD

• Praying Pevensie says:

I like Peter and Edmund too, but Edmund???? Why does almost EVERY girl on here want to marry him ? He’s not Christian, but every girl on here LOVES him ! Is it because He’s younger ? He’s ok, but What’s the deal with him ? I also like Mr. Tumnus, Alsan ( of cours )
      Far as the book Characters, my favorite is Bree, then Whinny, then Jewel, then Reepicheep, than puzzle. Poor Puzzel ! I do not like Shift at all. How about your fav book characters ?

• Jill_Pole says:

thats hard 1 well my favs are truffle hunter, aravis, bree aslan Mr. Tumnus and edmund..but the others are cool aswell XD

• i love georgie says:

Umm..Well i Like Diggory, Polly ,Peter, Shasta,lucy(VDT),eustace (SC) and reepicheep XD But the others are alright 2..are you christian,cathlic .ect. 😀

• morgan says:

Quite honestly they should have made MN the 2nd movie so Digory could have to the children in a story format..even thought thats not how they did it in the book..but maybe they can do somthing like that because for the people who dont read the books it would probably get confusing..idk..but some way they should show that that was the first book and not LWW.

• FrecklefaceJill says:

They should definately do the Silver Chair next. That book sold I think about as well as Magician’s Nephew.

• Sam J.(Brazilian fan) says:

The good thing is that you vote for the USA to see what the best movie but at the time of the theatrical release gives a good box office, but WEAK! That’s what they did with Prince Caspian and Dawn Treader, the male gender of you have the danger of the voyage of the dawn pergerino be almost canceled! Fans Narnians Americans, have action!

• i love georgie says:

Hey Guyz if anyone wants to see my audition video’s for jill here’s the link 😀 im making polly ones soon aswell 😀
    linkhttp://www.youtube.com/user/beckybang1512?feature=mhee

• farsight-mssngr says:

I think it’s better if they make Narnia 4 together with5 next year. It goes something like this:
    Summer 2012: The Silver Chair or The Horse and His Boy
    December 2012: The Magician’s Nephew or The Last Battle.
    They should make up the whole series for HP has ended, It’s time for Narnia to shine and bring the victory back! For Narnia!

• Anhun says:

First of all, they don’t have the money to invest in two movies in a struggling franchise. Secondly, summer releases don’t seem to work for Narnia. Thirdly, HP may be over but the Hobbit series is about to start so, if anything, the competition is even stiffer.

• freshynfs says:

perhaps Walden Media wants to go with Magicians Nephew next because of Perry Moore’s passing and the fact that he had secured funding for the film, just a pure speculation of course…

• Matthew says:

I’m not sure if it has already been mentioned, seeing I couldn’t be bothered reading all the posts, but why don’t they do both MN and SC at the same time, because with the exception of Liam Neeson, there would be two seperate set of actors, and I’m sure they can get more crew people in to help out with the filming.

• Anhun says:

It’s been said before, and the fact of the matter is that the money isn’t there for making two risky movies. Box office in America is declining. If Narnia 4 sees yet another sharp decline it will be a serious money-loser.

• anonymous says:

but by the time they finish MN the actors from VOTDT who will need to go in the SC will be to old.

• Anhun says:

Well let’s look at the actors who carry over:

Liam Neeson: He’s a voice actor, and, even if he does sound a bit older, it won’t make him any less effective as Aslan.

Laura Brent: Even if they use her in a flashback sequence, she doesn’t have to look the exact same age that she did in VDT.

Ben Barnes: I’m pretty sure, even with a delay of a few more years, he’ll still be young enough to play the resurrected Caspian. He shouldn’t look dramatically different from the way he looked in VDT. If he does, they can always cut that scene out of it.

Will Poulter: One could argue the point that he’s already too old for Eustace. He’s unlikely to look like that much older given a few more years delay. 20-somethings play teens all the time.

• mrs beaver says:

but even if it dosent make a differance to the SC it will to the LB (last battle) for other charecters eg Gorgei Hanley ect you will be able to tell they are 30’s or even 40’s when there suposed to be 20 … but make up would sort it.

so i think they should make the MN last- after LB.

• Anhun says:

LB relies on MN for back story though. LB has to come last, if at all.

• Olivia says:

I seriosly encourge the silver chair because I’ll be old if you do it after the Magicians nephew and I really want to try for the part Jill because:

#1 when I FIRST read the lion the witch and the wardrone I was so sure they’d come up with movies(they did) (I was 5 or 6 then) and I thought to myself" when they make the silver chair I want to be Jill pole!" I told it to my mum she agreed I should be. I have been practicing jills part ever sinc and since then I have read the silvr chair 48 times over! Practiculy memorizing it ! DO THE SILVER CHAIR! (plz) thx:)

• kayli says:

just like most narnia fans i have read all the books! and i think it would benefit the narnia fans/followers if they didnt make the magicians nephew at all because just like the harry potter films and other series of films the followers group up with the characters. so it would be better if they didnt go back to where narnia begin but kept following the story as it goes on with current cast, but adding new ones in to play characters such as gill. plus the people who havent read the books won’t understand! And will get conffused!

• Lucy the Valiant says:

I think that they should make MN because it explains the professor to begin with. In Lion, witch, and wardrobe the professor acts as if he’s been to Narnia before but you are still left with that doubt and the number of fans that would like them to make all of the movies. It is a very pivotal book in the series and is nessecary in explaining Narnia as a whole. I only wish they would continue making the movies in the order thay have made them so far but you take what you get and I have been fairly happy in their progress so far. Having actually made all of these movies and talking about making more is incredible. 🙂

• Tirian says:

Well, I’ve just thinking for the MN problem: Maybe we can take a look to the 3 Lord of the Rings and their "The Hobbit". I mean, MN is the beginning of Narnia – so, it would be very good to place it as a prequel. I’m sure that there won’t be any problem for the casts age.

• Eagle says:

That’s a mold-breaker. Great tkhining!

• Glace Queen says:

I think that The Magician’s Nephew movie should have been made first! After all it does take place before any of the others, but I think i’m alone on this one.

• JOANNA says:

You’re not the only one who thinks The Magician’s Nephew should have been made first, or at least second. It explains the WHY and HOW of all of Narnia and makes the rest of the stories ‘sane’. And let’s face it: what a PERFECT special effects scenario!

• newman says:

loved the book – so hope it gets made.

• jariz says:

its all right that the MN be showed not the first..just make it like the "underworld" style:)its all right as long as we can watch it.

• narniafan4life says:

I think it should be SC and then MN they r both good books but to tell the story of MN and then SC would just confuse people… but what ever they choose i will b there when it releases here in the states just like with the last 3…………

• the biggest narnia fan ever says:

I hope they make the SIlver Chair and the rest, just like the harry potter global success

• Olivia says:

When I get a YouTube I’ll be sure to tell narnia Webb the channel so the see how I can act:))I’m lovin narnia!!!!!♡

• Nataliya Nakashima says:

I have been a fan since I was 11. And it’s disgusting that every time I read a comment, it has to do with Caspain and lilliandil. First of all TEHY ARE NOT THE POINT OF THE BOOKS. THEY ARE NOT THE MAIN FOCUS!!!!! I personally think they should do MN because they want to focus on the moviegoers and not the bookreader. Remember they are thinking $. SC will NOT be succesful in America. no offense but I’m getting tired of seeing ben barnes on screen and want them to change things up a bit to make the movie much more interesting. I agree they should make SC because it comes next but at the same time, they want to be as succesful as LTW. They need to make the movie that will make bank. If they do the SC, if I see them focusing on liliandil and Caspian…well they lost a movie goer. i love these books but I just never cared about Caspain and liliandil. I know it sounds mean but its the truth. I only found one other person who agreed w/me on this. When I read the books, epecially the caspian triligies, I don’t thin about him and his wife. What I care is what is Cs trying to convey in the book? What is he trying to express to the reader? What does he want us to learn? Not about a 2 pge romance and a 3 line thingy. Its sad that we will miss on so much if the SC is made, I’m so scared caspian and lillaindil will become the main focus! I not a fan of this laura brent, ben barnes is ok but if they need to reboot, well they need ot get started with lilliandil’s. oh and a new name too. The girl made RD look easy. "Oh, I can transform myself if it bother you" somthing like that was said in the movie. Now if you DONT know the gravity of that line…shame on you. Rd was never conceited. Was never…i don’t know but she never was meant to be easy for caspian. That was point CS made. Even though I think caspian’s true love was Lucy.