Cleveland Point Deluged in Dust

The production managed to complete filming at Cleveland Point just in the nick of time. The entire Redlands area was engulfed in a rare dust storm on Wednesday. BaysideBulletin writes, “At Cleveland Point, the Dawn Treader on the Narnia set was devoid of its brilliant colours and the bay itself was visible for little more than 100 metres; the thick wall of dust that robbed us of the usual panaoramic views made the world seem to end just off shore.” You can read the whole story at BaysideBulletin’s website here.

35 Responses

1. The Bulgy Bear says:

Phew! Or else they would have had to somehow incorporate a dust storm into the movie!

2. Little DLF says:

Wow! It's a good thing they left!

It was Aslan's doing.

3. Lutra's Pearl says:

That was really close!

4. JadistarkilleR says:

photo makes the place look totally otherworldly, heck they could use that kind of footage with the Dawn Treader still there.

5. The Batman says:

Wow, it's gorgeous. And so mysterious.

6. Lucy&Reepicheep says:

Talk about Overcast, it kinda pretty but it gives me strenge feeling.

Yeah, it feels like you're looking into nothing…Or like you're on some foreign planet…Too bad there was nothing like that in the book, so they could make use of it.

7. NarniaWarrior says:

That was a close call. I did see that on world weather the other day in a different location and was praying it would either miss them or they would wrap it up before it hit…Thank you Lord…Long Live Aslan !!!

8. Beren says:

Yeah I heard about the dust storms last night on the news. I'm glad they got done in time!

9. Feather~Light~Heart says:

Thats gorgeous looking but glad filming was done there!! NarniaWarrior, yes, thank the Lord!! 🙂 …Wait i'm confused, was the Dawn Treader damaged?? :/

10. Princess Arya says:

Wow! That was close!

11. 7chronicles says:

That was close!

12. Mark Sommer says:

Interesting. It has been reported that filming is several days ahead of schedule. Looks like the hand of Providence to me.

13. Aslan's my homeboy says:

wow just time time! That would've been bad news

14. Silver the Wanderer says:

Woah! :O That's so…woah. Yeah, its a good thing they got out of there in time! I hope the Dawn Treader isn't too messed up…we still need her.

15. ellz_bellz says:

Oh my gosh, that storm hit were I live, it came all the way up from SYDNEY! It was absolutly horrible, and I was outside at the shops when it really got bad. Lucky they finished filming. It seems that the weather is actually on OUR side for once!
    TOUCH WOOD!

16. Adeona says:

I saw about the dust storm in the news and the first thing I thought was "Narnia filming! Is this upsetting them?"

17. Fire Fairy says:

That was close…the picture looks pretty eerie…thank goodness (and Aslan) they were ahead of schedule!

18. coracle says:

Lewis wrote about the Dark Island, not the Orangey Island… glad it wasn't any earlier or it would have caused various problems.

19. NarniaKid says:

I live in Australia and I experienced to dust storm. It was preety bad and everything got covered in dust. My family are still cleaning. It must have been bad for the filming. I imagine any props or things that weren't covered up would have been covered in dust.
    I think everything is under control now though.

20. Mark Friedrich says:

For those of you dought that it was really a dust storm.
    I must admit, I had never experienced a dust storm before, but when I saw the pictures from Austrailia that weather man here in Washington D.C. showed on TV. I thought to myself, I would not live in Sidney during a dust storm.
    (By the wy in the horse and his boy, a dust storm is called a sand storm.)

21. Hermitess of Narnia says:

My family has been trying to pray for the film every day. This reminds of the time they went the the Czech Republic [for the LWW] when there was no snow and they were wondering what they were going to do, and then the next day there were feet of it! Hopefully the rest of the film will go according to "Aslan's" will.

22. que padre sisisisisisisi bye

23. Pippi says:

I live in Brisbane, and it would have been terrible if any equipment was left out or anything, the dust would have almost destroyed it by getting into any cracks and stuff.
    You can still see it around our house almost a week later

24. Mark Friedrich says:

I'm glad I don't live in Australia.