Dunwich Children Enjoy Narnia Field Trip

A class of 23 children from the Dunwich State School recently got to visit the set of the Dawn Treader for a school field trip. While there, they met Will Poulter, Shane Rangi, a faun, and some pirates. Will told the children that they were friendlier than Londoners, and that he is trying to learn bodyboarding. There are some cute pictures and snippets in this article, which you can read here. Thanks Peace and Love for the heads-up.

42 Responses

1. Pattertwigs Pal says:

That is a really cute story. I wish I had gone on a field trip like that. I had actually thought that if I were a teacher in the area that I would take my class on a field trip. I wonder if this will be the first comment. When I started typing there weren't any.

• I would to if I were a teacher, but if all the classes or even all the schools in the place they're filming in took a field trip to the set it would hold back filming and it may be annoying to the cast. Plus you would problably have to send a letter asking if you can go.

2. MP_in_narnia says:

That's so awesome! She has to be the best teacher ever! This is probably the best field trip I could ever think of!
    Btw, did anyone notice that one of the pictures has a caption that says they got an autograph from Mr. Tumnus? Wonder what that was about….lol maybe they meant another faun?

3. JadistarkilleR says:

lucky kids! they get to go to a movie set on field trip.

4. Aravis(narniafan#1) says:

AW!! So cute! I LUV the pic of Will Poulter with the kids. So sweet! Wish I were one of those kids.

5. Lutra's Pearl says:

That is so sweet. I bet thoes kids will never forget that. Keep the story of Aslan alive!

6. Lissi says:

How cute!!

7. narnianprofessor says:

That is one creative teacher. The kid's comments are adorable!

8. TumnusTheBrave says:

wait a minute the name of the minotaur shane rangi is playing is Tvaros(is this official) hmmm i can live with it.

9. Me Sa U Sa says:

Cool.

10. narnia365 says:

Lucky! Though, that would be so weird to be talking to someone behind a fence, like they were in prison. It's like, "Can I have your autograph?!?!" and then book won't fit. lol, that would stink…

11. que chido sisisis lo personaje y todo sisisisisis bye

12. yo quiero cuando hasen la pelicula quiero que tambien ajan el videojuego de PC

bye

13. Karine says:

I love the kids' comments, the sweetest thing!

14. true-narnian_queen says:

I wish i was there!! they were so cute!!! Will looked really good, he looked just like i would have pictured Eustace!!

15. Aslan's my homeboy says:

aww so cute I wish I was there 🙂

16. Those lucky ducks! They must've had the time of their lives. It must have been so cool metting the cast and talking with them. I'm 12 and if any of my middle school classes went no one will problaby be interested. I mean today was " dress up as your favorie move character and since I've already been Lucy I aws Susan in the train station sceen in Lww (since it was the only outfit that we had a matching skirt to) and I pulled it off pretty good and I had one of those name tag things they had in the1940s to have their personage tell which children are theirs so if they asked me who I was I showed them the tag(it had a picture to)and they still asked who I aws and I had to explain it to them so they're not Narnia people.

• King Skandar the Just says:

wow…I wish I had that kind of thing at my school!

• Well it's for "hello week" so we won't have that thing everyday (I wish though) because Yesterday was sports day(dressing up sporty "I used my little brothers jersry It fit."), then today was pixar movie day and they painted faces in the lunch room, and tomorrow we are having a dance thing.

17. daughter of the King says:

The kids will probably remember their field trip for the rest of their lives.

18. King Skandar the Just says:

they are so lucky!!! I would so want to go and do that…ARG!!!!!!!!!

19. fnafa4ever says:

Oh to be those children…

20. heeey says:

I wish I could have gone!!!!!!!

21. I'm so jealous! I want to be a Dunwich child!*sigh* Oh to be one of them…..

1. September 15, 2009