Dawn Treader Trailer Screen Caps

Below you will find hi-res screen captures from every scene in the trailer so that you can pore over every minute detail. Hopefully, these will soon be replaced with even better quality captures!

If you haven’t seen the trailer yet, make sure to click here for our complete coverage.

211 Responses

1. RuralNarniaFan says:

Woot, hi-res screen caps! Let the picking-apart begin. ๐Ÿ˜›

2. tenthofthatname says:

The more I look at the Pevensies in that walking segment the odder they look, like something vacant in their eyes.

• Susan says:

you are totally right. You voice my thoughts EXACTLY.

• WilliamMoseleyandSkandarcrush! says:

i was thinking that too! and; does anybody notice that Edmund's blue sword is Rhindon, Peter's sword?!

• It does look like it at first, but then look at the pommel. It's not the lion head. My guess is that it's one of the seven lords' swords, and that might be why it's glowing.

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

And I'll add this: Does anyone notice that Lucy uses Susan's bow and arrows?

• Narnia Fanatic says:

Look at the sword again. It is a lion's head.

• Arivis says:

I really don't like the fact that Lucy uses Susan's bow. And what is up with the glowing blue sword? Oh my did Glamdring fall into Narnia and there were some orks near by?

๐Ÿ˜ฎ Maybe that's the unfathomable fate! Orcs and other baddies from Lord of the Rings are invading Narnia, and they have to be driven out with the seven swords that glow!!

Or something. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Omac the centaur says:

lol @ starlily!

• Rilianluvr4evr says:

Lol I was thinking the same thing…about the sword glowing. Certainly doesn't help all those misguided peeps who say LOTR and Narnia are the same >:(

• Aunt Letty says:

I think it looks like they're thinking sort of higher thoughts, like those shots are from someone's internal ruminations about the kings and queens of old and what they represent. Something abstract like that, anyway. It also explains why they're ALL wearing Narnian dress.

• Aunt Letty says:

Come to think of it, maybe it's a sort of "farewell til we meet again" sequence that comes at the end of the film, you know, after Lucy and Ed find out that they're not coming back, either. Sort of,…"your adventure starts here…" and then the shots of the four of them as Narnians plus some other thematic visuals with music? Something like that.

Those four headshots just really have that abstract feel to them that comes with that kind of cinematic moment. It could be very affecting.

• CarwashBoy says:

It looks like Peter, Susan, Edmung and Lucy are walking side by side (the way they did in Prince Caspian when approaching Aslan's How). I wonder what's in the background behind them and what they might be approaching… I agree it could definitely be a really beautiful/emotional sequence, maybe at the end of the movie. It actually sort-of makes me imagine what the end of The Last Battle will be like, minus Susan if they decide to leave her out.

3. Josh says:

As much as I love William Moseley, Anna Popplewell, & Tilda Swinton…they should've been left out of the movie. But that gripe aside, it looks AMAZING! I love the screen of the wideshot of the Dawn Treader sailing into the sunset! Beautiful! it's my new background!

• Not Of This World says:

Actully I think they used them well. Even though they didn't show William (They're probobly going to show him in England) in the trailor, the way the showed Anna in the spell that made lucy look more beautiful was awesome, and on the Island Where Dreams Come True how it showed the White Witch confronting Edmund, it was Awesome! Great Trailer!

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

I /love/ the Lucy-morph-into-Susan! That's just amazing! And did you read the spell? "Lashes, lips, and complexion; transform my reflection." That is just /too cool/!!!!

• Lucy says:

um, not to smash your cookie or anything, but wasn't that William towards the end of the trailer? Looked exactly like him…

• sgk474 says:

I'm thrilled they're in the movies – right decision in my opinion.

4. glumPuddle says:

Hopefully we'll have even better quality captures soon! Keep checking back.

• NarniaWarrior says:

Hey…you guys are doing a great job…if it was not for you we would be all over creation looking foe tidbits of info…you help close the gaps for us…thanks guys….you ROCK….175 and still counting

• 8SilverSky says:

Ditto what NarniaWarrior said! Thanks for all the hard work and effort you're putting into this! Great screen caps!

5. silverPhoenix says:

Um…I have to ask…why is Caspian in the coracle with the kids?

• Alambil and Tarva says:

OMG I saw that too and was like "WUT?!" O_o

But in the shot with Aslan on land, there's only 3 people, so maybe Cas just went with them to "drop them off" (lol) and row the boat back to the ship. That's my guess. I guess it makes sense b/c they didn't want to leave the random boat floating out there with no one to bring it back? I dunno xD

• Hkre1003 says:

Actually I noticed there are 4 shadows on the beach when they are standing in front of the wave with Aslan. Could it be Caspian since he was in the boat with them or could this be where they somehow meet up with Peter and Susan? I can not wait to see this movie!!!!

• Hkre1003 says:

Wow I'm a moron. LOL. I forgot about Eustace for a minute there. So on the beach the 4 shadows are Lucy, Edmund, Caspian, and Eustace.

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

Yeah, when I was watching the trailer, I was like, "Hey, who's purple-shirt?" Then I watched again. "Hey, there are /four/ people in the boat (as opposed to /three/ (not counting Reep since he's not a "person" per se))!" Then I saw the screen-cap. "What in the blue blazes is /Caspian/ doing there?!?!?"

• Sam says:

I noticed that too! It may be a good thing because I alwasys felt that the ending to VODT was kind of sad when King Caspian found out he couldn't go to the end of the world. The book left Caspian off with such a sad note.

• Lucy says:

not really, he was being pig-headed wanting to go in the first place when he knew he couldn't and besides he PROMISED Ramandu's daughter he would come back-more or less, anyway.

• Tauriel says:

I have a theory about why is Caspian with them in the boat. Remember that he also wanted to go see Aslan in his country? They almost had a fight! But then Aslan appeared to him and told him he was not allowed, that his place was in Narnia. I think they will combine this with Edmund, Lucy, Reepicheep and Eustace meeting Aslan in his country. I imagine that Aslan won't let Caspian get out of the boat and Caspian will just row back to the ship. The point will still be made, and it will be cinematically better.

• coracle says:

SilverPhoenix (and others), just to clarify – the small boat you see them in is NOT the coracle. It's what is called the Ship's Boat or a dinghy/rowing boat (Americans call it a rowboat).
      The coracle is very small, shaped like half a walnut shell, and big enough for one or two at the most – definitely not four humans. In the book Reep paddles in it alone – they thought it might have been a dwarf's or a child's coracle.

6. DamselJillPole says:

Nice job doing the capping! I'm probably going to take a few ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Rebecca T. says:

It looks like they're focusing on Edmund and Lucy to try to keep people's interest in the characters they already met–I wish we saw more of Caspian and especially Eustace! I can't wait to see how Will and Anna show up in the actual movie. But I love how much Aslan is even in the trailer, and it looks amazing!!

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

Does anyone else like the way he says, "What's going on here?" and "This place just gets weirder and weirder!" lol. I've decided that I'm going to love their choice of Eustace!!!

• BookLover says:

I know! I loved that too! I think he's going to make the perfect Eustace and I can't wait to see the whole dragon sequence!

• QueenLucy12 says:

Yes! My top 2 so far are "why,do I look older?" and "This place just gets weirder and weirder"!

8. Lilianaโ™ฅ says:

That's cool, thanks! Ah, its 4:00 in the morning over here in LA and I still can't sleep. My mommy is gonna get mad :/

9. Starlily says:

I wanted to see Eustace as a dragon!! ๐Ÿ™
    But other than that…I like the trailer. It's a little different from what I expected, and I'm not so keen on the White Witch being there, or Lilliandil glowing like that, but I'll survive. I just want to see more now!!

• jill says:

I want to see him as a dragon to. Can't wait. Yippy!

• Judy says:

Since when does the daughter of the star have a name?

• Sam says:

I don't think that was Lilliandil. Lilliandil probably isn't full-blooded star. She's probably half star. And I'm glad they gave her a name. It would have been weird for Caspian to fall in love with a girl that never even shared her name.

• Rilianluvr4evr says:

The way Liliandil glowed like that reminded me of Galadriel in LoTR lol

10. jill says:

Well the trailor looked great. I can not wait to see the movie lilli something or other looked beautiful, she is whereing near the same dress Pauline Bynes depicted lovely.

11. Hope in the Lord says:

I'm a little nervous Edmund say ''Squirt? But I'm a king!'' Lucy: ''Not in this world.'' I hope they not gonna make Ed my precious Ed channel Peter in PC… And it looks like the witch is targeting him again, can he never escape her after everything she's done?

• Sam says:

She's not targeting him. It's just a nightmare that he was having on Dark Island or whatever it's called. (The island where nightmares come true)

Yeah, I didn't like the part with Edmund saying he wants to be king either. It sounds immature and a little whiny, and I was thinking, "Repeat of Peter in PC," when he was saying that. I don't mind a little bit of controversy in characters, but I really hope Edmund's personality isn't completely altered for the movie. I mean, he had some rough spots in VDT, but on the whole he was pretty solid. And I like him that way.

• McGunn says:

Yes, but do you remember what Susan sounded like in the trailer of PC when she said "I think we did"? I hated the way she said that, with no kind of feeling or sadness, as it should have been according to the book. But when the film came out a different take had been used, where she said it with more wonder and regret. So hopefully that will be the case with this trailer as well – the shots aren't set in stone…

• elanor says:

Yes, I kind of have a feeling that the trailer felt a little choppy and awkward (with respect to the smoothness with the lines and picture) because they have not really polished the movie yet. I will be interested to see the next, longer trailer they come out with!

12. Ambervina says:

So totally wicked COOL!!

Love all the scenes with Corakin. And holy jumpin' dufflepods Lucy looks so grown up! The enlistment thing with Edmund was cute. I didn't recognize him at first.

Did anyone else notice this but is Lu using Susan's bow! Maybe its just one of her own that looks like Su's?

Hahaha!! Love dufflepods! Poor Eustace looks like he's about to have a heart attack!

Quick question, any Narnia production people, why are Peter AND Susan in Narnian dress in this film *raises eyebrows* Hmm…

Overall great first trailer!! Have hope Narnia fans!

• QueenSusanJ316 says:

Yeah I noticed that with the bow. I kind of hope it is because it is a beautiful bow. I wonder why Susan is in a different outfit then the original one we saw! I can't wait to see more!!!

• Aunt Letty says:

well, Lucy is mentioned as being with the archers at one point in the book. So, it would be a neat point at which to fit in a glimpse of Susan's iconic bow. And, after all, Susan's not using it anymore. And, what are little sisters for, if not to use their big sister's coolest stuff without asking?

• FreakedOut says:

YEAHHH… I saw the trailer on youtube. The part with Susan's bow is AWESOME. I'm glad they're puttinf Lucy into the action after three (or more) years of being left out. I have a feeling that they aren't gonna make a biggy out of them getting Susan's and Peter's items. Infact, I don't think they're even going to become their "official items" in this movie; notice in the film clips that Lucy and Edmund aren't wearing them. =P Just a though

13. TumnusTheBrave says:

Lucy using susans bow? Edmunds sword glows?

• Elf Maiden Archer of Rivendell says:

Yeah! Now we're gonna have captions for those screen caps that say: Go Lucy! Show off those Legolas arrow skills! Or Rhindon is now an Elvish blade because it glows blue when bad guys (like the White Witch) are close! ๐Ÿ˜‰ sorry, I'm a lotr geek! ;D

14. NarniaWarrior says:

It was terrific !!! Everything to wet your appetite…I am sure more trailers will follow, but not seeing anything for so long it was awesome. Did anyone notice how Lucy's voice seemed a little more grown up and slightly deeper…175 and counting…Adonai

15. Avra says:

Light on Eustace, but promising. I really like the transition from England to Narnia!

16. greenbird37 says:

Long awaited and very much pleased…a sign that its really happening and will be here before we know it!

17. Kathy says:

So, I really love the idea of Edmund trying to enlist. Especially since it looks like he was enlisting solely to get away from the Scrubbs (presumably who Lucy and him were getting groceries for).

It seems a little unnecessary to include Peter & Susan in the trailer, but I guess people are used to seeing four Pevensies, so non-fans won't be confused all of a sudden?

Edmund with Rhindon, and Rhindon glowing all blue. Still want to find out what that means, exactly.

Also, the bit with the Star's Daughter, when she says "the fate of Narnia rests upon you" (or something like that), when she says you, she turns to her right. And then the scene where she goes back into the sky (presumably, turning into a glowy ball of light and all), Edmund is the one who would have been right. The other two figures are Caspian and Lucy, I think, so is she referring solely to Edmund (glowy sword maybe has to do with that?) or all of them, and just making eye contact because it's good to make eye contact?

Either way, I'm excited!

• High Queen Emily the Valiant says:

Its not that he wanted to get away excactly it's that boys his age wanted to fight in the war and also maybe because he wants to fight again but also to get away from the real world like you said

18. Midshipman Pepper Darcy says:

that looks so perfectly NARNIA! WOW! Apted has my complete respect now!! =) I can't wait till December 10th! I'm going to see it with some friends on my birthday (December 11th)!! Aw, Lucy is *so* cute! =) (my favourite character!=)

19. Tarva says:

Tilda is very strongly tinted green – anyone else thinking, "Lady of the Green Kirtle?"

• High Queen Emily the Valiant says:

yes actually now that you mention it

• Aunt Letty says:

I thought she looked rather aged. Note the fine lines about her mouth, and the slightly saggy flesh on her jaws. But then, what can you expect of a corpse that keeps getting trotted out to do cameos?

Yeah, pretty soon she's going to look like an ancient mummy. ๐Ÿ˜‰ But I'm hoping we won't see her again until MN. To see her in another movie besides MN would be just….I don't want to think about it.

• Falling in Narnia says:

the White Whitch's eyes are green!!! definately aluding to the Silver Chair!!! I'm soooo excited!!!!!

• QueenLucy12 says:

yeah… thats what I was thinking. but I hope she isn't in SC

• McGunn says:

I think they used the same actress for the White Witch and the Green Lady in the BBC adaption. In a Christian perspective it is natural that the two characters who represent Satan (casting the spell of eternal winter upon Narnia and tempting/hoodwinking Prince Rillian in SC) are played by the same actress. It's also easier to understand for children seeing the films, if they are the same.

• Adeona says:

I did notice, and it's worrying me. Also, the "Malevolent Mist" is suspiciously greenish.

I don't like Lucy using Susan's bow. I'm excited to see her in some sort of skirmish, but she ought to have another bow.
      You can see a [presumably] dead crew member lying on the deck beside/behind her, BTW.

20. LucyLion says:

This is so exciting! I have been waiting for this forever!
    One step closer, now just SIX MORE MONTHS…:o)

21. High Queen Emily the Valiant says:

OH MY GOD…THEY LOOK AMAZING I CANNOT WAIT AND PETER LOOKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT AND EDMUND….

22. Alambil and Tarva says:

@ Tarva – I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out, but OMG :O

Yeah, they really seem like they're hinting more and more at SC. First with Ramandu's Daughter's name, Lilliandil, sounding suspiciously like Rilian…

Anyway, I am bothered by one thing, though–did ANYONE else notice that Aslan looks different than he did in the first 2 movies? His fur seems darker and his face looks altered, not as amazing as before…maybe it's just the angles from the trailer that make him look weird, but…:/

23. Mirima Rosetrader says:

Wow! The screen caps! I am putting some on my desktop! WHOOOO!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!!! I'll have to get used to the minotaur's new look, but it looks pretty accurate to the book to me. Coriakin looks awesome! Aslan looks better in this movie than in PC in my opinion! Caspian looks great I just wish he had some lines there. I hope they put out another trailer with Eustace in his dragon form! I wonder why Rhindon was glowing blue…and why were Peter and Susan at the end…and what fate could Narnia befall if their quest should fail??? Mysteries! But the Star is absolutely gorgeous! This film is going to be AWESOME!!!! Long live Aslan and Sail on VDT!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

24. Aunt Letty says:

Very, very happy with what I saw. Glad there's still six months of happy anticipation left. Can't wait. Huzzah for high escapism!

Here's some stuff that stood out:

1. Lucy's still wearing her shoes as she arrives onboard the D.T.. It's only a tiny factoid, won't affect the film really, but Lewis' words about her keeping her head and kicking them off sort of stuck in my head my whole childhood. If I'd ever fallen into the drink, I'd have known what to do. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. The shot with Lucy and Aslan together, looking into a mirror,or, more likely, Lucy looking and seeing Aslan in there with her? Interesting. On the D.T., or at Coriakin's?

3. I never liked the voice Reep had in PC.. Lewis described it as "shrill", "piping", and "chirruping", and I've always heard it just like that in my head. It works as such a delightful foil for his noble heart and chivalrous ideals and is part of what makes his character so appealing. I'm glad they changed voice actors for this film. He sounds a bit more like Reep now.

4. Had pictured Caspian's cabin a bit more practical-looking. Certainly not with those (ew!?) tacky, 70's leaded glass doors. Too reminiscent of the decade of all things fake, for me. But the rest of it is beautiful. Love the shelves of books and charts.

5. Coriakin's room looks distinctly church cum Oxford, does it not? Very welcome nod to Lewis, I think. Like it.

6. The title of the Beauty Incantation is interesting. Not "beaut[y]… beyond the lot of mortals" but simply "the beauty you always wanted to be". Changes things a bit for Lucy, doesn't it? I liked the other better, because the scope of Lucy's dilemma is greater, but I can see why this works for the film. It ties in several elements neatly, with less explaining required. Instead of wanting to be better than everyone in general, as a salve for the rejection she's just experienced from a girl she thought of as a friend, Lucy's wanting to be as beautiful as (ie., loved by her parents and everyone else, too) Susan? Have to see the film to see how they spin this out, but that's how it looks here.

7. The glowing Star daughter works for me. She's supposed to look more beautiful, more ethereal, more noble, than a human woman would. How do you get a human actor that can pull that off? LOTR ran into that problem with the elves. Three cheers for C.G. enhancement!

8.Yeah. what's with the glowing sword? Well, they can't lay all their cards on the table now, so I'm going to hope that's Ed either toying with or reacting to the WW's temptation, and not some cheesy replacement for the Albatross moment. That's a great moment. I have a hard time reading that part out loud to my kids. It makes me cry.

8. I like the subtlety of Caspian sort of glowing a bit from within with the light coming off Ramandu's daughter, as opposed to the other two who are simply reflecting it off their surfaces. Maybe it just looks that way in that shot, but the bit of warm light you see along his back just behind his arm looks like he's glowing from inside a little.

9. Huh. Caspian's in the boat with the others on the sea of lillies. What's that about?

10. There are FOUR shadows on the beach in front of Aslan. Maybe it made better cinematic sense to have Caspian go with them and hear it from the Lion's mouth, rather than a scolding from a wall-image and then the film leaves behind a main character to follow the others for the last, what, fifteen minutes? of the film. Could work. Depending on what happens between Caspian and Aslan. Lewis left their exchange just between them, for a very good reason, which is; leaving some things to the imagination is more effective than trying and failing to describe them in detail. Which is why books will always be better than their movies, IMO.

11. Ok, this is trivial but, did you notice? If you cover one side of Lucy's face, the right side (our right) is quite grownup looking, while the left side is very young and childlike. If you do the same thing with Peter's face, it's the opposite. Just sort of interesting, that's all.

• Alambil and Tarva says:

@ #8 (the first #8, b/c you accidentally put two lol)
      I think maybe that has something to do with the whole thing about how they have to follow a "blue star" (that was mentioned from the super trailer). Hopefully they'll have that AND the Albatross. I rather liked the Albatross moment too; it was a brilliant nod to Coleridge's 'The Rime of the Ancient Mariner' on Lewis' part.

@ #8 (part two)
      I hadn't noticed that, but it seems as if he IS glowing from the inside. Permit me to have a little fangirl moment here *SQUEE* :p AWWWW ^_^ That is so sweet. Like Lilliandil has left a little bit of herself with him until he returns. *continues giggling and squeeing like a ridiculous child*

@ #10
      Okay, so there ARE four people there–I wasn't sure if there were three or four. I guess cinematically it might make more sense than having Caspian just walk out of his cabin and say that he saw Aslan; I wonder how they would've done the whole "we're wandering around the ship, waiting for our king to get over his temper tantrum." Might not have worked so well on film to have people just standing there for an undefined amount of time. Depending on how the scene at the End of the World is done, having Caspian there to see the others off might work. Although in the book it seemed pretty clear to me that since no one knew exactly what was at the End of the World, if Caspian went, then he wouldn't have returned. He even says that he wants to go to the End and not come back. Maybe Aslan will be the one to remind him of Lilliandil instead of Lucy (who reminds him that he promised to return to Ramandu's island and he says, "Oh, there is that." Which I hope they keep in the film, because I always thought that was amusing, him completely forgetting his sadness because he gets to go back and see his girl. lol).

But then again, even the 3 kids didn't necessarily go all the way to the End–only Reepicheep made it all the way to Aslan's Country (which I interpreted as being the very very end of the world). So maybe having Caspian there won't be such a big deal, b/c none of the human characters at that point even see Aslan's Country, so…oh, well, we'll just have to see ๐Ÿ™‚

• High Queene ShellyBelly says:

HUZZAH, INDEED!

25. QueenSusanJ316 says:

After looking at the stills. I noticed several things. One is that Edmund appears to be wearing the same clothes as in the first movie, and Lucy appears to be wearing Susan's play clothes from the first movie too. I was wondering why is Lucy using Susan's gifts?

26. Narniamiss says:

So now not only will Caspian and Ed be using Rhindon, it also looks like Lucy will be using Susan's bow and arrows. I'm still not ok with this..those were priceless treasures!!

Other than that..wow. This looks amazing. I actually can't wait to see the scene with Tilda in it; it looks like it will be very meaningful.
    Thanks Narniaweb for taking โ€ he time to get all those screen caps! I know it must have taken a bit of time.

• Sam says:

I like that Lucy has Susan's bow and arrow. I seems sort of symbolic that Lucy is taking Susan's place since Susan can no longer return.

• High Queene ShellyBelly says:

i love that they have the other's gifts, it kind of choked me up to see the progression and made me feel nostalgic. i was also seriously bumming susan and peter wouldnt be in this one, i was missing them terribly in advance, so see them do cameos makes me happy to see the family complete. It was hard for me to get into the books without the pevensies, truth be told.

• NarnianFreak says:

I totally agree. Both Susan and Peter won't be coming back (at least, not for a while) so why shouldn't their siblings take their places?

• QueenLucy12 says:

I was wondering what if Caspian saw Susan and Susan saw Caspian…and what they "had". now that he likes Lilliandil O.0 *confused*

27. Sammie says:

I can't tell if that's Susan's bow and arrow from the picture, but Lucy has used a bow and arrow at least twice in the books: in "VDT" and in "Horse and His Boy" (in the latter, she's with the archers as they meet Rabdash's army).

In "VDT", if I remember correctly, Caspian tells her to put arrow to the string as they approach Coriakin's island.

28. Tarwe, the Narnian Elf says:

OOOOO!!!!! It looks awesome! ๐Ÿ˜€ I think the movie makers had a lot of fun with their special effects! I think it is interesting how the trailer almost seems to be more centered on Edmund than on Lucy… No sign of the Mysterious Little Girl or Deathwater or dragonized Eustace… but they can't reveal all of their secrets, can they? ๐Ÿ˜‰ December 10 is too far away!

• High Queene ShellyBelly says:

maybe there will be multiple trailers, each one with a different focus and emphasizing 2 characters at a time.

29. Let the fan art begin! Thanks!

30. narnian resident says:

now that i realized it, there was no shots of a dragon or sea serpent. perhaps they intend to surprise us? i dont know. i was really hoping to see Eustace Dragon in the trailer, but thats alright. maybe it takes too much work and they couldnt make a shot of it in time for the trailer. well, as long as they definately keep the dragon and sea serpent in the movie i wont mind its not in the trailer.

31. NarniaNerd says:

THANKS!!! *drools*

32. The Knight says:

We Narnians are just having a field day. How AWESOME!

33. Omac the centaur says:

whats up with the blue sword?? its awesome but surprised me!

34. FriendOfNarnia2 says:

I did like the trailer, I just didn't get the same feeling I had after watching the LWW trailer. It just didn't seem as special.

35. narnianheart says:

Oh my word!! Lucy is beautiful!!!!!!!

36. pselpevensie says:

O……MI……..ASLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE TRAILER! THE MOVIE LOOKS AWESOME!!!!! I LOVED LUCY TRANSFORMING INTO SUSAN!
    I SCREAMED WHEN I SAW PETER IN IT!!!!! SO HAPPY THAT RUMORE CAME TRUE!!!!!

37. Elf Maiden Archer of Rivendell says:

One little random comment. How do you get a LotR or Narnia avatar for the comment box without going to gravatar.com Thanks. Just give me a few websites & how-tos! ๐Ÿ˜‰

38. kingTirain says:

holy banannas!!! that wwas trailer was nice and fresh…quite gave me a surprise though when i saw peter and susan in there…also, "big heads up" um, when lucy, edmund, and eustatce entered narnia, i thought it wasnt that dramamtic or exciting when they entered narnia in PC, with all they things being sucked away in PC. the LWW rtailer was great too with lots of singing vocies and bells donging..

in the VDT trailer all there was was water pouring in the room and they get completly submerged and swim uo to find themselves in narnia……i still like the trailer though, but this trailer has more narnia magic to it than PC..

anyone agreee? feed backs would be awesome…

• Sam says:

I think they made a right move by doing the entrance into narnia the way they did. Imagine three kids getting sucked into a picture. When you think about it, that would have looked really cheasy in a movie.

39. miriam says:

Still not sure about why Susan is in it? But will have to wait and see…and the water pouring out of the painting is absolutely INCREDIBLE!-AMAZING!
    Anna Popplewell looks sooooooooo beautiful, in her scene the same with Georgie-she's grown up so much! ๐Ÿ˜€

40. CEP Paul T says:

Good job on the trailer!

41. narniatirian says:

very happy with this trailer this trailer .. is fantastic narnia is the best … I think peter and susan do not like to go in the trailer because they are not very important in this film but all is well everything looks great:)) expected in December.

42. wannawork4Weta says:

Thanks for the video and pics, 6 months to wait, right?

43. The Batman says:

Wow, thanks so much for the hi-res images!!! Groovy.

44. Starlily says:

Hey, did anyone notice the minotaur in screencap 58? It looks more real than the other picture, which most people think looks rather fake. A positive point!

I'm just throwing this out there, and I don't really expect anyone to read this comment. There are so many others to read. ๐Ÿ˜‰

45. ~Lava~ says:

I saw that Lucy was using Susan's bow.

in the shot with her and the bow, at the angle, she looks kind of like susan. is that just me?

46. Tanya says:

Will Caspian see Susan again? I was thinking that Peter and Susan might only be featured in the opening sequence of the movie, showing Susan going to America and Peter studying for his exams. Both of them appear to be wearing Narnian attire. I'm excited to see the film, but at the same time I'm scared about the changes they've made.

Tony Nixon (who plays Rynelf) said on his Facebook page that Peter and Susan don't go to Narnia again, despite what it looks like. That's all he said though.

• High Queene ShellyBelly says:

perhaps it is some sort of dream sequence, or epilogue narrated by aslan to caspian commenting on their fates or something and thats why they look so dreamy or zombielike- or regal- depending on your view

47. High Queene ShellyBelly says:

thank you narniaweb for everything, it is so great to have a community that is as crazy about narnia as i am!

• QueenLucy12 says:

THANK YOU NARNIAWEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

48. Kris says:

Brisngr? huh. Anyway, I have to say…The dufflepuds. I always imagined them with big shoes on their one big foot. (erm, sorry for the gramatical errors there) with one big barefoot they look more freak-ish than whimsical…I know it makes more sense that way, but its just how they always were in my mind. Unfortunately they didn't ask ME how I would like to see the dufflepuds ๐Ÿ˜‰ hehe. Everything else looks really great. Obviously they still have some work to do technically, but they have plenty of time. Can't wait! Oh, and my little three year old boy just saw the pic of the Minotaur and said "Oh! He's bad! He's a bad boy! He's a monster!" So I had to explain about Minotaurs ๐Ÿ™‚

• The Batman says:

haha, I pictured them with big shoes, too! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• coracle says:

So did Pauline Baynes, which is why we do! The barefoot look will be interesting, I think….

Lol your boy thought the minotaur was a monster! I can see why he would think that, but I think little kids need to learn that not everybody that LOOKS bad IS bad. (I know a couple people who would look scary in a dark alley but are really just the nicest guys.)

Oh, and I picture the Dufflepuds with shoes too. Maybe they're not all barefoot. Oh, hey, I wonder if they're barefoot because when they first become visible, the film makers want to show people that they have just one big foot with toes and everything. ๐Ÿ™‚ I can see why that would make sense.

49. High Queene ShellyBelly says:

i wonder if they downplayed showing caspian since PC left a bad taste in many mouths

50. son of adam says:

anyone notice? The Narnia word's design at the end of the trailer looks like dragon skin. ๐Ÿ˜€

51. skilletfreak says:

WHOOO! We cant wait!!!!!!!

52. A says:

Susan never goes back to Narnia in the books but in the last book peter does at the very end.

53. Lady Haleth says:

I really get tired of Peter and Edmund thinking 'I'm a king in Narnia so everyone should respect me here', in the movies. It just seems kind of childish and whiny. And I thought WWII was supposed to be over by now. And can they stop obsessing with the Witch?
    And Caspian looks totally wrong… But I love Reepicheep!

54. SamGamgee says:

Guys. Pic on the islan. Four shadows. No one wearing a dress. CASPIAN WENT TO THE ISLAND WITH THEM! I AM GOING TO EAT SOMEONE!

55. Lady Haleth says:

They weren't supposed to be those kind of guys. I think the guy playing Eustace looks right, though. And I think there is a scene of him writing in that diary–that was always hilarious.

56. Mrulockia says:

Did anyone notice Lucy's wearing what looks to be Susan's hand me downs from the first movie? Her hide-and-seek blouse, for part.

57. Loyal Narnian says:

The trailer looks good. I love the part with the Silver Sea and all the lilies! Why is the witch back again? That's getting a little annoying but oh well. And why is the sword glowing blue. LOTR? Other than that, looks good.

58. Chris W says:

I hope they keep the fighting to a minimum in this movie. It may be minor, but one thing I noticed about the book is the complete absence of violence. Set in peacetime (as opposed to what CS Lewis called the "war years"), VDT consistently opted for a nonviolent resolution to each situation. In every challenge where there was a potential fight — such as establishing authority over the Lone Islands, confronting the dragon, dealing with the monopods, the Deathwater quarrel and facing the sea serpent — there was … no fight. In fact, in most instances a fight would have been disastrous and tragic. We even have the notable situation where Reepicheep counselled *against* battle. It's a dramatic change in direction compared to the first 2 Narnia books. Anyway, that's the book.

The trailer, on the other hand, does not look so promising in this regard. There is obviously a battle scene in there — probably the Lone Islands — and Lucy apparently is in a fight with her bow. Oh dear. Big battles are appropriate for some other Narnia books, but I'd prefer not to see them in this movie. They go against the overall tone of the book.

• Sir Anton says:

I agree. The trailer does look promising. I hoped this would be the case from a new director. Perhaps we will get to see more inspiration, magic, and substance rather than violence and hollywood hijinks.

there is obviously some fighting in it based on what you pointed out Chris W, but i don't think there are any major battles taking place. remember what edmund had said in the begining of the trailer, "if there are no wars to fight…"

1. June 17, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by NarniaWeb.com, Gabby McK, Nieke, enahh, ๆŸšๆœˆ and others. ๆŸšๆœˆ said: ใ‚ญใƒฃใƒ—ใ‚‚ๆฅใŸใช๏ฝž ใฆใ‹ใ€้•ท็”ท้•ทๅฅณใŒใ„ใ‚‹ใฎใฏไฝ•ใงใ ๏ผŸ็Ž‹ๅญใ€ใ‚‚ใจใ„็Ž‹ๆง˜ใŒๅฐ‘ใชใ„ใช(ยดใƒปฯ‰ใƒป๏ฝ€) RT @NarniaWeb: Screen caps for the Dawn Treader trailer! http://bit.ly/b19Q9v #VDT […]