Official Theatrical Trailer on Yahoo Movies!

Posted November 8, 2010 5:50 pm by fantasia_kitty

YahooMovies has the exclusive theatrical trailer premiere for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader! It contains lots of new footage. Check it out here!

UPDATE: Watch it on YouTube…

UPDATE: Here are 1080p screen captures (new shots only)…

20th Century Fox Logo

Walden Media Logo

Caspian, Edmund, Lucy, Eustace and Reepcheep arrive on the shore at the end of Narnia. A huge wave of water stands in front of them and they walk towards it. Aslan’s shadow is seen on the beach. Lucy realizes that Aslan has joined them and is walking besides them. She turns…

Lucy: Aslan.
Aslan: You have returned for a reason. You have come far. Now your journey lies beyond.

Aslan roars and a hole forms in the wall of water.

Shot of the Dawn Treader sailing on the water. Shot of Drinian and the crew at the helm of the Dawn Treader. Edmund and Lucy stand on the deck soaking wet wearing blankets.

Caspian: Behold our castaways, King and Queen of Narnia.

The crew bows.

Lucy: Reepicheep!
Reepicheep: Your majesties!

Dragon Eustace opens an eye and a reflection of Aslan is seen in it. Dragon Eustace appears to be injured as he tries to rise from a sandy shore. Aslan stands not far away.

Shot of Cambridge. Shot of the Dawn Treader entering a bay. Shot of Dragon Eustace diving towards the water and then flying alongside the ship.

Eustace on the deck of the Dawn Treader, very unhappy.

Eustace: Where in the blazes am I?
Tavros the Minotaur: You’re on the Dawn Treader.

Eustace faints and the crew laughs.

Tavros: Was it something I said?

THIS CHRISTMAS

Edmund, Caspian, and Drinian stand looking out from the side of the ship. Edmund looks through a telescope.

Coriakin: There is the source of your trouble.

Shot of the White Witch in green mist.

ENEMIES WILL UNITE

Coriakin: It seeks to corrupt all goodness.

Green mist surrounds the Dawn Treader and the form of the White Witch swirls past Edmund.

Coriakin: It can steal the light from this world.

The Dawn Treader sails towards the Island of Green Mist. The Dawn Treader sails through a storm.

AND THE ONLY POWER TO STOP THEM

Edmund holds a sword that suddenly glows blue. Coriakin points at Edmund.

Coriakin: That sword you carry. It must be laid at Aslan’s Table.

Shot of a cart being pulled through the streets of Narrowhaven. Shot of the three Lords at Aslan’s table waking up with all of the seven swords laid in front of them.

Coriakin: Only then can their true power be unleashed.

Coriakin throws a map across a room. Islands are seen growing out of it.

LIES BEYOND NARNIA ITSELF

Reepicheep: Aslan’s Country

Shot of Aslan standing on the shore. Shot of a rowboat rowing through a sea of white lilies.

Lucy: Do you really believe there’s such a place?
Reepicheep: We have nothing if not belief.

FROM C.S. LEWIS’ EPIC MASTERPIECE

Shot of Lilliandil walking through an island. She stands before Caspian, Edmund, and Lucy, and turns into a star and flies up into the sky.

COMES THE MOTION PICTURE EVENT

Water nymphs leap out of the water in front of the sailing Dawn Treader and dive back in.

OF THE HOLIDAY SEASON

Lucy stands in Coriakin’s library with snow falling all around her. She smiles.

Caspian, Edmund, Lucy, and Reepicheep stand at the edge of the ship looking down into the water. With a cry of excitement Reepicheep leaps into the water and lands next to Eustace.

Lilliandil walks along smiling.

Lilliandil: Travelers of Narnia. I am your guide.
Caspian: You are most beautiful.
Lilliandil: If it is a distraction for you, I can change forms.
Caspian and Edmund: No!

Caspian and Edmund look at each other. Lucy looks at them both and rolls her eyes.

Lucy enters into the Magician’s House through invisible doors that close behind her. Coriakin appears in front of his table and turns around.

Edmund, Susan, and Peter walk arm in arm through a lovely outdoor party. All smiling.

The Dawn Treader sailing through a gorgeous sunset.

Caspian looking stern.

Caspian: Now is the time to be strong. Never give in.

The sailors in the background cheer.

Coriakin stands in his garden with the crew of the Dawn Treader behind him. He throws something. Dufflepuds leap about.

Caspian, Drinian, and Edmund are walking through the streets of Narrowhaven with the people on the sides cheering. Rhince steps out from the crowd to speak to them.

Dragon Eustace flies very low to the water with the Dawn Treader behind him.

Someone (perhaps Caspian or Reepicheep?): No fear! No retreat!

Reepicheep swings around on a rope aboard the Dawn Treader. Dragon Eustace flies along carrying Reepicheep on his back. Reepicheep fights someone on the streets of Narrowhaven. Caspian fights a slaver in the Bell Tower. More fighting on the streets of Narrowhaven.

Shot of the Dawn Treader sailing through a storm. Shot of blue light shooting up from the seven swords and making a beam into the sky. Caspian and the crew shouting during a pitched battle with the sea serpent. Edmund holds the glowing blue sword out towards the serpent. The serpent dives towards him. Aslan roars on the beach.

THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: THE VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER

IN DIGITAL 3D

DIRECTED BY MICHAEL APTED

Credits.

Huge thanks to SParcher44 for the heads up!

• Samuel the Magnificent says:

I was so worried the Dawn Treader would look gaudy and childish because that’s the way it looked when they were filming it. But, looks breathtaking in the movie!

• Liberty Hoffman says:

this movie is going to be amazing!!!!!

• emijoy says:

they must not have been done with these awesome graphics when they made the first trailer

• Queen Elizabeth says:

I wish they could have like a non Narnia movie with the Pevensies in it. Like a short film on their life at home.

• Ted C says:

Yeah, Im sure that would be a block buster. zzzzzzzzzzzz

• Mina says:

They’ll probably mention what’s going on with Susan and Peter, and if they make it to The Last Battle, Susan’s life will (probably) be recapped. Personally, I don’t think it would work as a movie, but more as an extra book.

• timo says:

Or they could just do the other 4 books…

• Narnian at Heart says:

i promise that this is WAY too amazing for words;))))

• Caddoc says:

I am still disappointed in them changing the plot a bit, but it looks like it will be a good movie. Also, did anyone else try to look for the arm ring on Dragon Eustace? I found that if you stop it at 1:52, you can see it on his right arm.

• Nathan says:

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!

GO MICHEAL APTED!

• countessofthewesternwoods says:

WILL AND ANNA!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Maggie says:

Great visuals, true, but they need to fire whoever put the trailer together – why are they STILL using the same dumb over-dramatic music from the last two movies’ trailers? Didn’t match up AT ALL.

• michalina says:

WOW!!! I can’t wait! I can’t wait!

• Rilianluvr4evr says:

LOL did anyone notice Susan’s lipstick? reminds me of "she cared for nothing but parties and LIPSTICK and nylons" rofl

• Matt Wills says:

Does it look to anyone else as though Aslan’s shadow changes from something rather lamb-like into the form of a lion? Is this wishful thinking on my part?

• Edmund-is-hot says:

Amazing trailer! The best one yet! ๐Ÿ˜€ And the screen shots are brilliant ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m a little concerned about the bit with Peter and Susan. Not because they’re back, I love that fact, but I have a feeling that’s Lucy in the middle. *SPOILER* I saw from another comment somewhere on here that apparently Lucy sees what would happen if she looked like Susan, so it might be Lucy linking arms with her brothers. I don’t want it to be Lucy though. I want Susan to be in it aswell :/

• SnowingRoses says:

I never thought of that… you may be right! But I’m not sure if I’d like that idea or not- Lucy being the one in the middle.

• Annabeth says:

i absolutely love the pic of lucy and ed hugging, it’s so sweet. the casting directors did a great job choosing the Pevensies according to how much they looked alike. i also love the one of eustace and reep in the water, that was my favorite part in the trailer :). it’s also good to see peter and susan again, i miss them already now that they can’t be in narnia.
    i FINALLY saw the trailer on TV, for a second i just sat there after seeing it and then i just screamed i was so excited. :):)

• Queen C The Gentle says:

LOVE IT!!!! Susan looks so pretty and Peter looks so handsome! I’m looking forward to this movie. Can someone tell me why Lucy wants to use a bow+arrow now? It is b/c she wants to become strong like her sister? I haven’t read the book so…

• SnowingRoses says:

In Horse and His Boy, a character says Lucy, in other words, is amazing with a bow and arrow. Book wise, tho Susan was given that weapon, she prefered not to fight (they strayed a bit in the movie on that point) while Lucy was a warrior.
      Hope that helps! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Mina says:

If you pause I’m fairly certain that those are Susan’s archery kit.

• Mina says:

First off – I’m amazed by it all.

Secondly – What’s with the random shot of Su, Peter, and Edmund? It’s all dramatic and then they pop up? =D So I’ve been thinking about an alternate theory of why the heck they’re in the movie then as opposed to them being in the Magician’s Book which is what everyone’s implying. Perhaps, that that scene is the beginning of the movie, and that’s real life not something Lucy sees. That would give the viewer a little bit of closure as what happened to the older Pevenise’s. Their "fanasty" clothes would be part of what Lucy sees in the book. It would also account for why the song "High King and Queen of Narnia" comes up so early on the tracklist. Okay, just an alternate theory, because I couldn’t figure out why Peter and Susan would have two scenes.
    Last thought on scene – Skandar looks so old and tall, Will looks slightly uncomfortable and awkward in the suit, and Anna looks stunning and gorgeous. I want that dress, and the first thing I noticed was that lipstick…after it’s all she cares about anymore. =D

• tmc4narnia says:

i just noticed those clothes that Peter and Susan are wearing in the trailer are the same as the ones of them on that VDT theater display we saw awhile ago

• tmc4narnia says:

i just watched a clip on yahoo of a short behind the scenes video of carrie underwood performing "there is a place for us". It has a few new clips in it, very cool

• Alambil and Tarvis says:

This movie looks INFINITELY better than PC. WOW. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I just love the hints at the Eustace/Reep interaction. Especially when they’re swimming together. That was just adorable. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Zhixara says:

Please, can anyone tell me what the song playing in the trailer is called? I’ve heard this song before and I’m trying to find it, but there is so much music out their in the trailers, I just can’t look through them all. If anyone can help me, I’d sooo appreciate it because I loooove that song.

• aragorn2 says:

Wow! whether it follows the book or not it is going to be awesome, though following the book is preferable ๐Ÿ™‚

• elton says: