Opinion: Sequel? Prequel? Reboot? What now?
NEWS DROUGHT ALERT!
In the middle of a news drought, fans have a tendency to let their imaginations run wild on what the future could hold. In this video, I embrace that tendency and examine possible routes Walden Media could take for a fourth Narnia film.
1. Sequel: The Silver Chair
- Fourth book to be published (1953)
- Logical next chapter
- Will Poulter’s age
- Set up in Dawn Treader film
2. Prequel: The Magician’s Nephew
- More popular book
- Clear connection to the first film
- The opportunity to give Tilda Swinton a prominent role again.
3. Reboot: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- Start from scratch: New cast, new crew
- Would need to be fundamentally different from Adamson’s version. (Animation? PG13?)
4. Reboot: The Magician’s Nephew
- Re-cast Aslan and The White Witch
5. Prequel (to VDT): The Horse and His Boy
- The Pevensies would likley be given bigger roles
6. Re-read the books! I have read each book a dozen times, and I’m still discovering new things.
How would you feel if Walden announced a LWW reboot? Scroll to the bottom of the homepage and vote now!