VBS Meets VDT

Group Publishing, Walden Media, and 20th Century Fox have teamed up and put together a Vacation Bible School package called ‘Fun for the Whole Family’ Hour.

Fun-for-the-Whole-Family Hour combines the excitement of VBS with the thrilling adventure of Narnia in an experience that gets all ages connecting with each other and with God.

It’s one action-packed hour where the families in your church can talk, laugh, share, discuss Scripture, and worship together–and watch never-before-seen clips from the latest Narnia adventure. This film explores family-friendly themes like grace and transformation, giving families the chance to look at God’s transforming love in a new way.

Featuring FREE exclusive clips from the upcoming Narnia movie The Voyage of the Dawn Treader!

The leader pack will be available to ship June 1, 2010. Do you know what this means NarniaWebbers? VDT clip are less than two months away! UPDATE: The VBS package will be available June 30th instead of June 1st as was previously reported.

More information and preordering is available on Group’s website here.

Thanks to QueenSusanJ316 for the initial report, and Liberty Hoffman for the link!

UPDATE: One of the pages on the website includes a new image from the movie:

Nice catch, AslansCountry.com!

165 Responses

1. QueenLucy12 says:

Idk if we (my mom and dad) are going to get the thing!
    cuz I would only want the clips!

2. Mark Sommer says:

Please note: I was informed late last night from an inside source that the materials will not be available until later. The Group Publishing website is now showing these available for shipment June 30, 2010.

3. Anonymous Narnian says:

Very cool! I can't wait to see the new clips!

4. Narniafan says:

Fascinating. It seems to me that the people at Fox are learning why LWW succeeded, and PC didn't: Disney first advertised through word-of-mouth, to the people who love Narnia best–Christians, not the teenager popcorn crowd, not the action-adventure crowd.

Keep up the good work, Fox!

• checkers says:

I agree with you there. It seems like they've realized that a good bunch of the fans are Christians, not screaming teenage girls who want to see Caspian and Susan kiss. *ahem* But I won't go into that right now…But I do think Fox realizes this. Go Fox! 😀

5. Alambil and Tarvis says:

AWESOMENESS!! I love how well they're doing at getting the film publicized–it's a hard task to do without the brilliant marketing strategies of Disney, but Fox & Walden are pulling it off wonderfully. 🙂 Let's hope this draws in more viewers!

6. QStheG says:

And where is a new photo in big size?((((

7. You know what, it may be really good or really bad, I will just have to wait and see I guess.

8. NarniaNerd says:

I don't know if I want to watch the clips before I see the movie…I'll have to think about it. Well, actually, I think I do want to. I saw clips of LWW before it came out and it didn't spoil anything for me. And it's not like I don't know what's going to happen!

9. NarniaNerd says:

The guy on Caspian's left is Drinian, right?

10. always narnian says:

awww cool new picture!

11. Starlily says:

I hope someone will put the clips on Youtube, because I won't be able to see them otherwise. 🙁

12. checkers says:

So, whose up for some family fun?!?!?! 😀
    No, but seriously, I hope somewhat puts the vids on Youtube, because I don't think my family will let me get a 20 dollar set thingy just for some VDT clips. 🙁

13. Nathan says:

the green in the background makes the ship look like a plastic toy.

In prince caspian they were going for realism. Now they're going for fakeism.

• MurtaghLuv says:

It does knida look fake. But it still looks magneficent(in my opinion) I think their dawn treader is worthy of the title

• NarniaNerd says:

I don't think they were TRYING to make it look fake. And I don't think it will look plastic in the actual film. Although, I don't think it looks plastic. I think it just looks…well, green. 🙂

14. Lutra's Pearl says:

Anyone have an idea as to when the trailer will come out? I heard somewhere that it might be around the first of May. Anyone know for sure? Or think for sure?

15. Caspian says:

"Are you sure nobody's following us?"
    "Of course…it would be totally inconceivable!
    *beat*
    "Out of curiousity, why do you ask?"
    "Well, I just happened to look back, and something is there."
    "What? Inconceivable!"

*groan* First thing that popped into my head. Oh, Ben, if you have another Inigo line in this movie you are doomed. He looks kinda *snerk* piratey, though. 😉

16. QueenLucy12 says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILLIAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀

17. FrecklefaceJill says:

Awesome! I MIGHT buy it, you're REALLY tempting me here!

~Jill~

P.S. Happy birthday to William Mosely!