What We Know About THE SILVER CHAIR Movie

Posted February 4, 2017 5:41 pm by Glumpuddle

It has been over six years since we saw Narnia on the big screen, but a 4th movie is on the way. Here is what we know about The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair

Facebook | Twitter YouTube

The film is being developed and produced by The Mark Gordon Company and The C.S. Lewis Company. Walden Media is not involved.

Producers
Douglas Gresham (step-son of C.S. Lewis), Mark Gordon, Vincent Sieber, and Melvin Adams.

Director
To be announced

Screenplay
Academy Award nominee David Magee (Finding Neverland, Life of Pi) is writing the script. The Lady of the Green Kirtle will apparently have a name. And, Gresham confirmed that Puddleglum’s famous speech from chapter 12 will be in the film.

Cast
Producer Mark Gordon indicated none of the original cast would return, but this has not been officially announced. Eustace, Aslan, Caspian, and Trumpkin are the only returning characters in the book. It is worth noting that Will Poulter, who played Eustace in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, is now 24 years old (Eustace is 9 years old in The Silver Chair according to C.S. Lewis’ timeline).

Distribution
Sony, eOne

Financing
Tristar, eOne, The Mark Gordon Company

Reboot?
Some seemingly off-the-cuff statements by Producer Mark Gordon started rumors that The Silver Chair will reboot Narnia. While the film will undeniably be a reboot in the sense that it will restart a franchise after a long hiatus… it remains to be seen if it will take place in a continuity separate from the first three films.

Release Date
To be announced. Gresham hopes to start “the next phase of pre-production” sometime this year. Based on that, we would estimate that late 2018 is probably the earliest the film could be released.

Stay tuned!

• The Rose-Tree Dryad says:

Nice job on the video! I hope it becomes obsolete very soon, though. 😉

• Luke Pilgrim says:

The Chronicles of Narnia live in my heart. I look forward to adaptations. I liked the latter, despite some changes (in particular The Journey of the Dawn Treader), I felt that the spirit of the book held.

• Aslan#1Fan says:

I’m excited! Thanks for video!!!

• Skilletdude says:

Slick video, Glumpuddle.

• Matt says:

They should really get Peter Jackson to direct the movie

• Anfinwen says:

Yay! I know there is nothing new, but it’s nice just to have a new article.

• Diggory and Jill Fan says:

There r a few things I’m liking about this movie so far. I know some people don’t like the idea of giving the Lotgk a name but I do, because that shows that she and the White Witch are not the same person. I’m glad that Puddleglum’s famous speech is in the script, David Magee is an Amazing screenwriter, and I’m happy that Tristar is for filling Douglas Gresham’s wishes.

• Ripicheep says:

can you audition for the role of jill pole even if you live in the united states?

• Tara the Narnian Soldier says:

OMG! u can be in the movie if the movie makers chose u?

• Eva says:

I’m sure if you’re able to even if you’re in another country, however the most recent casting roles (Eustace, Will Poulter’s role, for example) was chosen from few kids in performing art schools, so he was presumably well funded by them and had agents, etc. 🙂

• MADU PENYUBUR says:

Thanks to get posting superb infos. Your own blog is extremely awesome. I’m amazed from the particulars that you simply contain for the following website.

• Tara says:

OMG cant beleive there is gonna be another movie.
    I wish the pevensies were in it though:(

• tara says:

I still cant believe there is a fourth movie
    There is right?
    I know there is. Cant bring myself to believe it till I see the trailer. people are putting fake ones

• tara says:

Hey, does anybody know how to receive the Narnia newsletter?
    I heard u get t from the official website

• Tara the Narnian Soldier says:

I like my new name. who else?

• Claudia says:

Is there anyway to know when the casting auditions will be going on?

• gandalf says:

give Mel Gibson the directorial chair, he will do it very well.

• gandalf says:

Consider Mel Gibson:
    1. He can christian themes (extremely)
    2. He can make GREAT movies in just low budget.
    3. He got this UNIQUE style and has good experience.
    4. He got very high imagination – Narnia was written in high imagination.
    5. Image the Aslan he will bring into the stage: the voice, the shot, and the power.
    6. Gibson’s best is the clarity of any messages he can bring in a movie: casts, score, visual, and deep soulful lesson. Imagine Aslan appearance moment without having to said anything, Gibson will definitely create the feel, you know.

If you are agree with me, please promote my idea to the team and the studio to address Mr. Gibson. I’m just hoping for the best Narnian film to produce, not another insufficient adaptation.

• gandalf says:

I mean in the first one that ‘He can bare christian themes’.

• Dylan says:

So any updates? I’m hoping Silver Chair has begun preproduction now! Can’t wait for the Horse and his Boy next!! That’s my favorite.

• Michael says:

Why did they even consider Puddleglum’s speech to be removed? What’s the point?

All of the film adaptations should stay true to the books, except Horse and His Boy. It is my favorite book but also the most controversial..
    While I like that the Calormens (and Aravis) are dark skinned, they should remove the part when the Tarkan says "for your cheek is as dark as mine but the boy is fair and white like the accursed but beautiful barbarians who inhabit the remote North."
    It’s fine for them to be dark skinned and it will be great to see diversity casting. But no need to mention skin tone.
    Also, I think Aravis (and Shasta too) should be older, so we don’t face the issue of child marriage that also relates to arab/indian countries. Calormen should be a people that are just dark skinned because of the sun but should have nothing to do with eastern races in our world.
    I hope they make these changes with grace.

• Lilian says:

You make excellent points about H&HB! You should write an article about it.

• Michael says:

I would love to write an article! I have so much to say about this wonderful book that some readers tend to judge so critically.
        C.S Lewis actually depicted Calormen as a beautiful country but with a corrupt leader. Just like how Narnia would soon be corrupted by Jadis. C.S Lewis doesn’t only talk about dark skinned people negatively, he calls Jadis, literally the White Witch. This shows how all races can have bad and good.
        Horse and His Boy is my favorite because it really tackles a lot of issues and in the end, it’s about how we should all get along no matter what our backgrounds are. We all have our own stories.
        I truly wish they would just make the Horse and His Boy instead of the Silver Chair! I feel like it has an important message that is so critical to the times we live in.

• Gandalf the Grey says:

What we hope for, now is that the studio and the new team will bring in an ingenious DIRECTOR to helm the SC movie. Let leave off talking about HHB, MN, and FB for now until the current project be a success.

The SC film need to be a shot which DARTS RIGHT ON LEWIS’S NARNIA!

• Gandalf the Grey says:

What we need is suggested a good director to the studio – one that definitely ‘will not’ (‘would not’) fail the adaptation AND the presentation, one who can dug Lewis’s imagination and penetration. Someone like Peter Jackson or Mel Gibson – but Mel’s better. We must have either of them above all directors no matter what.

*If you are agree with me, please promote my idea to the team and the studio. I’m just hoping for the only best, Narnian film to produce, not another insufficient adaptation!