“The Most Reluctant Convert” Movie Now Available Online

Fellowship for Performing Arts’ The Most Reluctant Convert movie is available online until January 2nd. Rent it here for $19.99.

The movie, based on a one-man play about C.S. Lewis, opened to great success in November with many extra screenings added around the world after the first release event. The film has multiple subtitle options including English, Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Korean, and Italian.

At this time, a DVD release has not been announced.

Listen to Talking Beasts: The Narnia Podcast‘s review of the film, as well as NarniaWeb’s interview about the stage version with Max McLean, star of both film and stage versions. And read NarniaWeb’s review of the play when it was on tour.

32 Responses

1. Louise New says:

I haven’t seen The Most Reluctant Convert movie and I was just wondering whether it is worth seeing.

2. Lord Argoz says:

If you click the highlighted text in the article (The Most Reluctant Convert film) it should take you directly to the webpage.

3. Andy Harrelson says:

I just hope they get around to doing some kind of permanent Home Media release, but it’s good to know I have a chance to watch it!

4. Merry Ann Herald says:

Fantastic !!!!
    Amazing !!!
    Maybe fast forward through the beginning 15-20 min which shows how the film was made , and go to the beginning of the actual movie

5. Denise Edmondson says:

I would love to see this movie but I cannot afford $20! I have seen his other movies and listened to books. I hope this will come less expensive soon. God bless you all. Have a wonderful Christmas!

• Karen Holmes says:

Hi Denise: I am going to watch it with 3 friends; you can split the cost! If you cannot afford and would like, I would be happy to pay for you! Just email me.

6. Marie-Luise says:

for 19.99 I would expect a DVD. I wanted to see it and would pay 19.99 to buy it, but not to rent it.

7. Margret says:

I would love to see this, but 19.99 to RENT?.? Seems a little steep. And I would prefer to buy the DVD, so my husband can watch it again next year etc. Hope that still happens in the future!!

8. Lesley Rebryna says:

I agree with the above commenters. For $20 I would rather buy a DVD

9. Amy says:

$20 to RENT?! No.

• Joanne says:

agreed. i really want to watch this movie, but i’d only spend $20 knowing i’d have it forever. hope they release it on dvd and/or stream it somewhere eventually. i’ll look into watching the broadway show for now.

10. Ruth Holbrook says:

Up to the point where I clicked on “Watch” everything said “Watch for free”.
    I feel cheated.

11. Robin Ross says:

Where can it be bought?

12. Carol S says:

hope it gets released as a dvd. It looks wonderful.

13. Vahik Haddadian says:

$19.99 for
    One time rental is steep and a huge deterrent. Also a DVD? Why not put it on You Tube or Netflix or any other online media platform and make it available for purchase via download.

14. Loretta says:

This movie, like any other theatrical release will cost you $16 -$18 – $20 at the box office (here in California) You’d pay that to see an Avengers movie. Why do people always expect Christians to give everything away for free? Someone had to pay big bucks to get this movie made?? Did anyone on here fund the film??? I expect it will move to a permanent platform in the future.

• Alexandra says:

Actually everytone is complaining about the fact that you just get to RENT the movie for 20 bucks, otherwise, everyone is agreeing to pay that same amount to OWN the movie.

Also, one thing is to go see it at the movies for $20 and a completely different thing is to rent it for that amount. Why not release it as a Youtube movie where one would pay the same amount to buy it, just like they do with “The passion of the Christ” or “Paul, Apostole of Christ”?

15. Tor K Torkelsen says:

Not renting for $20.00. Makes me think the movie is all about money and that does not interest me! Stick it!

16. Ron Lacy says:

AGREE with ALL, $20.00 is just too much, especially when it is only to rent.
    I NEVER spend $20 to buy a DVD, but might if it was this one.

17. Beth says:

I won’t rent it for $20 either but would definitely buy it. I’ve never seen a rental for that much. Weird. I will definitely buy it when it’s available

18. T. W. says:

I agree. You want to win people to Christ. So, the cost to rent it should be low. I hope it will be available to buy at a low price. I wanted to rent it, but do not have $20 to do this. I feel sad. It is probably a good movie.

19. Phyllis says:

I can’t find this movie anywhere ~ Is it still available?

20. Robert says:

It seems that a number of people are anxious to purchase a DVD of this story. As a big fan of C.S. Lewis because he experienced World War II, a very difficult time for our world and converted to Christianity. Hope that a DVD of the movie will become available soon.

1. January 11, 2022

[…] also enjoyed the Fellowship for Performing Art’s The Reluctant Convert–C.S. Lewis’ story. (Only available for rent on demand until January 2, […]